After 30+ tries today I got Chef Mickey's!

44disney

DIS Veteran
A few days ago we decided to add a birthday reservation at Chef Mickey's for May 26th but, of course, it was booked. I've been trying a few times a day with no luck, but today I decided to try as many times as I could. And on my 30th or so try I got it, and at a pretty good time! I got a 7:05 am reservation, and we are going to Blizzard Beach for the day, and it opens at 10, so we will be able to enjoy our meal!

Yipee!!!

A few days ago we decided to add a birthday reservation at Chef Mickey's for May 26th but, of course, it was booked. I've been trying a few times a day with no luck, but today I decided to try as many times as I could. And on my 30th or so try I got it, and at a pretty good time! I got a 7:05 am reservation, and we are going to Blizzard Beach for the day, and it opens at 10, so we will be able to enjoy our meal!

Yipee!!!

Congrats - glad to see your persistence paid off! :cool1:

Congrats! Curious, when you tried 30 times did you put in the same exact time each time?

I generally had the same time (7:45am) and kept clicking on the "check availability" space. Then to mix it up I sometimes input 8:30 or 7. If I didn't check frequently enough, my session timed out and I had to input my info again. When I finally got it, I had been away from the computer for a few hours and the first time I tried again I got the reservation.

We just returned from our stay at BLT and while in the food court on Friday 5/7 the CM was coming up to us and others asking if we want to eat at Chef Mickeys because they had several opennings available. Everyone she asked said no. I also read a recent post that this happened to other CR/BLT guest. Makes you wonder about the ADR system doesn't it?

We just returned from our stay at BLT and while in the food court on Friday 5/7 the CM was coming up to us and others asking if we want to eat at Chef Mickeys because they had several opennings available. Everyone she asked said no. I also read a recent post that this happened to other CR/BLT guest. Makes you wonder about the ADR system doesn't it?

Strange...too bad because I'll bet that there are a lot of people who would have loved to eat there but thought that there was no availability.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter