Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea, I mean, those people were just in denial, or maybe, hoping Disney wouldn't try to do this.

For those with any real perspective, we could already see the marketing rolling out that this is a "Separate" resort, which in some way it is, in the way Bay Lake Tower is separate from The Contemporary, BUT, it wont really be separate. Many guests from CBR will be on the grounds and using what amenities they have access to (I am guessing QS and TS restaurants and gondola station, the pool will likely be locked / braceleted in some way, the Lounge / outdoor area at the top such that it is may function like bay lake) So I can see why some people will argue this isn't really a deluxe, but of course disney if going to market it and sell it as a deluxe, and I am betting the resort itself will be gorgeous with deluxe level fixings, just a bit weird it will have the "rabble" running around.

***Please note, as a regular guest and lover of moderate resorts, the reference to "rabble" is purely in jest ... :)

Yes - it's hard to tell how separate they are going to keep it. While it is obviously in close proximity, they could easily make it fairly separate. (How many people at Pop Century venture over to AoA for food, and vice versa?) I am sure the pool will be off-limits to CBR guests - but CBR has a pretty great pool as it is - certainly the best of the mods. DVC/Deluxe has a tendency to be thin on QS dining options, so I wouldn't be surprised if what's there is nothing special. As far as TS we are certainly getting a "Top of the Riv" location, but other than that I doubt we get more than a Pool area eatery.

Some observations from this most recent round of photos:

-Those footprints in TSL are so cool!
-SW:GE is moving along nicely. I think it's further along than TSL was a year ago this time. (I am not suggesting it will open earlier - there is a complexity here that TSL doesn't have.)
-The Riviera station is going to be REALLY close to the resort. Like maybe 50 yards or less. I wonder if they will put in a covered walkway.
-It's been said before, but that GotG building is going to be MASSIVE. Like SW battle ride and Pandora (both rides) massive.[/QUOTE]

I was truly amazed seeing it in person a few weeks just how big that building is. I'm sure the theming will help it blend in more than a steel-span structure (which really stands out), but it will not be hidden.

I was truly amazed seeing it in person a few weeks just how big that building is. I'm sure the theming will help it blend in more than a steel-span structure (which really stands out), but it will not be hidden.

Well, what's surprising is how much a coat of paint can make in the "hiding" of a building. If you LOOK for the Soarin' building, you can see it from much of Epcot, but because it is a pale-blue color, it tends to disappear into the sky thanks to the human mind's penchant for ignoring such things. Now, the GotG building is going to be much more obvious than the Soarin buildings, but I think once it's built it won't be anymore noticable than say Test Track.

Well, what's surprising is how much a coat of paint can make in the "hiding" of a building. If you LOOK for the Soarin' building, you can see it from much of Epcot, but because it is a pale-blue color, it tends to disappear into the sky thanks to the human mind's penchant for ignoring such things. Now, the GotG building is going to be much more obvious than the Soarin buildings, but I think once it's built it won't be anymore noticable than say Test Track.

I just hope they don't make it as ugly as the other Guardians ride.

Yeah I agree with both points. The color and finished look will help it blend in, but its location will still make it stand out more than Soarin.

Yes - it's hard to tell how separate they are going to keep it. While it is obviously in close proximity, they could easily make it fairly separate. (How many people at Pop Century venture over to AoA for food, and vice versa?) I am sure the pool will be off-limits to CBR guests - but CBR has a pretty great pool as it is - certainly the best of the mods. DVC/Deluxe has a tendency to be thin on QS dining options, so I wouldn't be surprised if what's there is nothing special. As far as TS we are certainly getting a "Top of the Riv" location, but other than that I doubt we get more than a Pool area eatery.

I actually think a good number of people head over to AoA ... I am not sure about the other way around. But when we have visited there there is always a decent amount of traffic between the two resorts, and basically everyone I know who stays at Pop gets over to AoA at least once on their stay ...

But, otherwise I do agree.

I actually think a good number of people head over to AoA ... I am not sure about the other way around. But when we have visited there there is always a decent amount of traffic between the two resorts, and basically everyone I know who stays at Pop gets over to AoA at least once on their stay ...

But, otherwise I do agree.

WE have stayed at both but never went to the other while staying. However, with the gondola halfway in between the two, it will make it easier to hop off and head to the other one since you are close.

So the Riviera set-up is getting clearer. It is interesting that West branch of the resort is at a different angle from the center and East branch, but when you look at it relative to Epcot, it's pretty clear that the two sides of that wing are angled to get a view of the Epcot fireworks show. (I marked this is crimson below.) If you look at the point of the angle it aims directly at the center of the lake. This is certainly not a coincidence to give all balconies on this branch a view of Illuminations. It also shows that only the furthest wing may also have a view of DHS fireworks, so they are unlikely to be using that as a selling point for these rooms. This is about 2/5ths of the resort (40%) but seeing as only the upper floors are likely to give decent enough views to sell the rooms as "theme park" view - we are likely looking at about 15-20% of the resort as "theme park" view - which is pretty typical for Disney to do with their DVC resorts (BLT is 20% theme park, Boardwalk is around 15% "Boardwalk" view, Poly is like 17% "Lake view". It also uses that "V" to block the view of the rest of the resort from Epcot. so it won't be quite so intrusive. It should noted looking at the lower photo that those same rooms will also likely have views of the MK fireworks - albeit from around 5 miles away. (This is also likely to be where any restaurant lounge will be located.)

Second point again is how CLOSE the Skyliner is, and the high end rooms are also the ones so close to the skyliner is no coincidence I am sure. I still think you could see a walkway from the resort to the nearest station. No other resort will have as nice access to the skyliner - another selling point.

The third point - and it seems pretty obvious at this point - the most likely pool location is between the two branches that point toward CBR. Putting the extra branch going out that way is the dead giveaway. I suppose it is possible they could wrap the pool out to the peninsula (lower right in photo below) but I suspect that will be used for some sort of marina/bar. As others have mentioned, we may see a 3 category resort similar to BLT - "Standard" view, which faces away from the lake and pool but only sees the trees. A "Lake/Pool" category, which makes up all the CBR facing rooms, and then the "theme park" view rooms.

This is all fun speculation of course. But I think these are all pretty likely to be true.

Riviera Ideas.jpg
9BA091A3-E9F1-460B-8016-D878E716A88C.jpeg.jpg

So the Riviera set-up is getting clearer. It is interesting that West branch of the resort is at a different angle from the center and East branch, but when you look at it relative to Epcot, it's pretty clear that the two sides of that wing are angled to get a view of the Epcot fireworks show. (I marked this is crimson below.) If you look at the point of the angle it aims directly at the center of the lake. This is certainly not a coincidence to give all balconies on this branch a view of Illuminations. It also shows that only the furthest wing may also have a view of DHS fireworks, so they are unlikely to be using that as a selling point for these rooms. This is about 2/5ths of the resort (40%) but seeing as only the upper floors are likely to give decent enough views to sell the rooms as "theme park" view - we are likely looking at about 15-20% of the resort as "theme park" view - which is pretty typical for Disney to do with their DVC resorts (BLT is 20% theme park, Boardwalk is around 15% "Boardwalk" view, Poly is like 17% "Lake view". It also uses that "V" to block the view of the rest of the resort from Epcot. so it won't be quite so intrusive. It should noted looking at the lower photo that those same rooms will also likely have views of the MK fireworks - albeit from around 5 miles away. (This is also likely to be where any restaurant lounge will be located.)

Second point again is how CLOSE the Skyliner is, and the high end rooms are also the ones so close to the skyliner is no coincidence I am sure. I still think you could see a walkway from the resort to the nearest station. No other resort will have as nice access to the skyliner - another selling point.

The third point - and it seems pretty obvious at this point - the most likely pool location is between the two branches that point toward CBR. Putting the extra branch going out that way is the dead giveaway. I suppose it is possible they could wrap the pool out to the peninsula (lower right in photo below) but I suspect that will be used for some sort of marina/bar. As others have mentioned, we may see a 3 category resort similar to BLT - "Standard" view, which faces away from the lake and pool but only sees the trees. A "Lake/Pool" category, which makes up all the CBR facing rooms, and then the "theme park" view rooms.

This is all fun speculation of course. But I think these are all pretty likely to be true.

View attachment 335348
View attachment 335349

I think you're probably right on the money with this one. That spot between the branches looks like enough space for a pool configuration similar to the polynesian, with some seating near the building and the splash pad in the back with the regular pool toward the front. But that might mean the pool is a bit on the smaller side. I'm a terrible judge of space on these aerial shots so my ideas could be wrong.

I think you're probably right on the money with this one. That spot between the branches looks like enough space for a pool configuration similar to the polynesian, with some seating near the building and the splash pad in the back with the regular pool toward the front. But that might mean the pool is a bit on the smaller side. I'm a terrible judge of space on these aerial shots so my ideas could be wrong.

I think the Poly will be a good comparison - though certainly could be wider - that one is very narrow. I'm thinking the space is somewhat on par with what Jambo for Uzima pool - so nothing the size of SAB, but a pretty good size none-the-less. (I think generally Disney will never put another pool in of the quality of SAB - it keeps people away from the water parks.)

View attachment 335348
View attachment 335349

I can't tell for sure, but it looks like the second picture shows that they are already removing dirt for the pool in between the two arms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!