Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, they are probably bottlenecking it to provide a dramatic reveal of the land like Diagon Alley does over at Universal.

Yea that makes more sense than they just didn't have room from 1986.

I expect a similar situation as Pandora of squeezing down even further for crowd control when this first opens. Will see. Very likely an "in" and "out" at a minimum, then temp ropes as well.

Yes, they are probably bottlenecking it to provide a dramatic reveal of the land like Diagon Alley does over at Universal.

Or because they're stupid...

...so you know how nobody gives a crap about avatar? The property is actually a deterrent to some? (Will be shortly...I saw flight of passage was at 110 at 11 am and river ride was 60...which is less than several things at MK during the same time...)

...well, what IP is the Antithesis of that?

...and no...not frozen.

So 2 rides that have been open for some time already exceed the wait for the newly opened Na'vi River Journey (65 min) and are just slightly under Flight of Passage (90 min) as of this writing.

While this may be true, like you said, at the moment of your post, yesterday I looked on MDE and was seeing over 3 or close to 4 hour wait time for FoP. In fact the last couple of days I have checked and have seen at least 3 hour waits. Na'Vi was probably closer to 90 minutes most of the time. Probably just depends on the time of day and whether or not there has been any thunderstorms, etc.

I also looked across the other parks yesterday and I was seeing long wait times for Space Mountain and other MK rides.

Which is currently at 75 minutes.

Also 7DMT is at 80.

So 2 rides that have been open for some time already exceed the wait for the newly opened Na'vi River Journey (65 min) and are just slightly under Flight of Passage (90 min) as of this writing.

Yeah...space was at 105 and test track 90 when I looked

Also 7DMT is at 80.

Must admit that I am not stunned by this. ;)

While this may be true, like you said, at the moment of your post, yesterday I looked on MDE and was seeing over 3 or close to 4 hour wait time for FoP. In fact the last couple of days I have checked and have seen at least 3 hour waits. Na'Vi was probably closer to 90 minutes most of the time. Probably just depends on the time of day and whether or not there has been any thunderstorms, etc.

The waits spike occasionally as you're mentioning, but FoP has been around 2hrs or less much of the day over the past week when I've been checking. Already died down a lot from the opening.

The waits spike occasionally as you're mentioning, but FoP has been around 2hrs or less much of the day over the past week when I've been checking. Already died down a lot from the opening.

None of this is surprising at all...we'll see how it plays...

Also 7DMT is at 80.

I'm not surprised by River Journey - I actually like it more than most seem to but I still get that being more of a "one and done" or only when short wait. A bit surprised that FoP has come down as much as it has given all the chatter on the main Pandora thread about how hard it is to get FP for it. Maybe they are getting enough capacity to get a decent number of people through or something.

I'm not surprised by River Journey - I actually like it more than most seem to but I still get that being more of a "one and done" or only when short wait. A bit surprised that FoP has come down as much as it has given all the chatter on the main Pandora thread about how hard it is to get FP for it. Maybe they are getting enough capacity to get a decent number of people through or something.
Speaking of FoP and capacity, did they ever get that third theater up and running? If so that would help mitigate waits some

Speaking of FoP and capacity, did they ever get that third theater up and running? If so that would help mitigate waits some
What do you mean? FoP has four theaters and all have been working since opening day. There are periods where one or more theaters go down but all have been working.

There are 4 theaters and all are operational. There have been numerous malfunctioning individual seats, though.

What do you mean? FoP has four theaters and all have been working since opening day. There are periods where one or more theaters go down but all have been working.
I heard one wasn't running because it kept overhearing and setting off the fire alarm

How do the new avatar rides compare in capacity to mine train?
I would think flight of passage compares more directly to Soarin' in terms of capacity. That's probably your better analog for comparing wait times.

I think they messed up on Mine Train. It may be very popular, but I think the wait times it currently has is more of a factor of targeting the wrong capacity to begin with.

I think in general it's a bit of chicken and egg scenario. If there were 30 minute waits, we'd be saying it's not popular......rather than suggest they built the correct capacity from the start.

Begs the question, what does Disney think the perfect wait time is for an attraction? Despite wanting you to spend time in a gift shop, a park with zero waits everywhere keeps customers out of gift shops. Wait times, where you can "fast pass" allows you to kill time in the gift shops. Sort of a catch 22.

I think that anything that has a wait beyond 60 minutes indicates a failure on capacity planning.

I would think flight of passage compares more directly to Soarin' in terms of capacity. That's probably your better analog for comparing wait times.

I think they messed up on Mine Train. It may be very popular, but I think the wait times it currently has is more of a factor of targeting the wrong capacity to begin with.

I think in general it's a bit of chicken and egg scenario. If there were 30 minute waits, we'd be saying it's not popular......rather than suggest they built the correct capacity from the start.

Begs the question, what does Disney think the perfect wait time is for an attraction? Despite wanting you to spend time in a gift shop, a park with zero waits everywhere keeps customers out of gift shops. Wait times, where you can "fast pass" allows you to kill time in the gift shops. Sort of a catch 22.

I think that anything that has a wait beyond 60 minutes indicates a failure on capacity planning.
It does compare more directly to Soarin. You have 4 theaters. Three levels of 16 in each theater. Cycle time is roughly 8-9 minutes.

You can get fairly up to date ride capacity figures here: https://crooksinwdw.wordpress.com/2013/12/14/theoreticaloperational-hourly-ride-capacity-at-wdw/

I would look at the OHRC numbers. FoP around 1440, Soarin in EPCOT around 1879. Astonishingly, if these numbers are right, Disney built FoP and Na'vi River Ride with some of the lowest capacities in AK.

If those ride capacity numbers are correct, then it seems to be a head scratcher comparing the river journey with any of the boat rides in MK. I would have thought they'd shoot for Pirates of the Caribbean capacity. If correct, that means if you are waiting for 1 hour to get through Pirates, you'd be waiting 2 hours and 40 minutes to get the same amount of folks through Navi river journey.
If you wait 1 hour for Soarin' you'd wait an hour and 20 minutes for flight of passage.

I think your normal after the buzz wait time for FOP is probably going to be 90+ minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter