Status
Not open for further replies.
There were rumors a while ago of one or more parking garages being added. Is that still an active rumor?

I'd like to know this too...I see no way they could actually handle large crowds daily without expanding the park into the existing lots (eventually) or demoing the last of the studio space (unlikely)...the footprint is so much smaller than the other 3 parks it makes it almost impossible.

I'd like to know this too...I see no way they could actually handle large crowds daily without expanding the park into the existing lots (eventually) or demoing the last of the studio space (unlikely)...the footprint is so much smaller than the other 3 parks it makes it almost impossible.
Garages could eventually come but right now they are just doing an expansion of the lot rather than garages.

Garages could eventually come but right now they are just doing an expansion of the lot rather than garages.

Space is tight...if they take the cast lot for further expansion...that might do it. Mgm has 1/3 ish the pathways that the other 3 do...maybe less. I think people fail to realize what a full day list of attractions will look like on those paths. Like a third world airport.

Space is tight...if they take the cast lot for further expansion...that might do it. Mgm has 1/3 ish the pathways that the other 3 do...maybe less. I think people fail to realize what a full day list of attractions will look like on those paths. Like a third world airport.
They're also convoluted/narrow because it's all between former sound stages in the back. Trying to get to Star Wars could be interesting

They're also convoluted/narrow because it's all between former sound stages in the back. Trying to get to Star Wars could be interesting

I could see a new entrance plaza/gate to the left almost immediately after the areas are up and running...they could have the main entrance to the park split back behind prime time somewhere and have two forks.

Might seem odd...but it would split the traffic flow patterns identically between the current popular areas and the new Star Wars section.

[QUOTE="lockedoutlogic, Like a third world airport.[/QUOTE]. Hey, no one actually parks at our airport. You have a taxi or a friend drop you off. You would not have anything in your car or even your car if you parked it for a day let alone a trip. There is a reason it makes the top ten of the most dangerous cities in the worlds. (San Pedro Sula, Honduras) Small lot, low maintenance.

I could see a new entrance plaza/gate to the left almost immediately after the areas are up and running...they could have the main entrance to the park split back behind prime time somewhere and have two forks.

Might seem odd...but it would split the traffic flow patterns identically between the current popular areas and the new Star Wars section.
I think at least widening the paths would be welcome. Would be a tough thing to do and keep the park open, but they have to realize the place is gonna be mobbed in 2 years

[QUOTE="lockedoutlogic, Like a third world airport.
. Hey, no one actually parks at our airport. You have a taxi or a friend drop you off. You would not have anything in your car or even your car if you parked it for a day let alone a trip. There is a reason it makes the top ten of the most dangerous cities in the worlds. (San Pedro Sula, Honduras) Small lot, low maintenance.[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

I was thinking more Mumbai or Pyongyang

Last edited:

I suspect the narrowness of entry to these lands might be crowd control-those with FP+ or EMH, or its simply full like Pandora? Maybe a Space Mountian like SB entry line-indoors and AC would help. :hyper:

I suspect the narrowness of entry to these lands might be crowd control-those with FP+ or EMH, or its simply full like Pandora? Maybe a Space Mountian like SB entry line-indoors and AC would help. :hyper:

Pretty sure the pathways are that way because they were designed in 1986 with half the attendance...but I'm going out on a limb here

But is it just me, or are they "bottlenecking" this much further than just an otherwise pretty wide "original 1986" available opening?

stwes.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts