Adult Daycare?

MapleGirl

Perpetual Planner
Well, I'm back! You probably don't remember me as it's been a year since I last posted here. Last January I was planning a family reunion trip to Disney World including my new mentally challenged adult foster brother. Well! That trip was a smashing success. I don't think Ed ever had such a good time. Everyone was wonderful to him. We had a few instances of melt-downs and the such, but there was always a quiet place to go. Truly, he (and everyone else) had a ball! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2 Thank you all for your help and advice. You were all so wonderful as I braved this new area of planning.

I am calling on you once again. Last night my mother asked me if I would be willing to go to Disney World again with her, Ed and her new foster adult, Joe. Joe is around 60 and has dementia. My mom wants to take them both to Disney World but will need some help keeping an eye on them and getting everyone taken care of. Hurray! I'm thinking about staying at Windsor Hills this time and renting a car so we can tour the other attractions in Orlando.

Here is my question: Is there a reputable service that offers babysitting for mentally challenged adults in Orlando? It would be wonderful if my mom and I could go out to dinner just us one night and know that Ed and Joe were safe and having fun at the town house or at a center. I don't even know how to go about searching for something like this. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thank you!!:worship::worship:

A picture's worth a thousand words!
Here's DH, Ed, Heather (family friend), my mom and I.
Image0507.jpg

Here's our boy meeting a new friend!
Image0564.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter