ADRs for more than staying in room

Luvdancink

Mouseketeer
Dh and I will be staying onsite with our dd 2 but our room holds 5. My parents and his parents will be joining us onsite but not everyone is arriving on the same day. Can I book an ADR for 5 even though only 3 of us will be in our room on the 180+10 or will it only allow us to book for the three of us and I’ll have to wait for their 180+10 date? Will the dining plan affect this? Trying to decide the best strategy.

Dinning reservations are not based on how many are in a room. So if gma and gma are joining you and Day 3 for a meal you book for that many people. I don't have my trip planned for my late april/may trip and I can book what ever I want/need right now.

Dh and I will be staying onsite with our dd 2 but our room holds 5. My parents and his parents will be joining us onsite but not everyone is arriving on the same day. Can I book an ADR for 5 even though only 3 of us will be in our room on the 180+10 or will it only allow us to book for the three of us and I’ll have to wait for their 180+10 date? Will the dining plan affect this? Trying to decide the best strategy.

You can book for 5 even though there are only 3 in the room, if they're linked with you in MDE you select them, if not I think you can just leave them as "other guest." Dining reservations are separate from the hotel reservation, it's just that the hotel reservation gives you extra days to book. The only thing the dining plan may or may not impact would be if you booked a prepaid meal (like CRT) where you'd have to choose whether to pay with the dining plan ahead of time or pay out of pocket.

You can book for 5 even though there are only 3 in the room, if they're linked with you in MDE you select them, if not I think you can just leave them as "other guest." Dining reservations are separate from the hotel reservation, it's just that the hotel reservation gives you extra days to book. The only thing the dining plan may or may not impact would be if you booked a prepaid meal (like CRT) where you'd have to choose whether to pay with the dining plan ahead of time or pay out of pocket.
If I prepay and then add the dining plan will they credit that back or is it gone?

If I prepay and then add the dining plan will they credit that back or is it gone?
You can call and try to get it refunded, or you can get a refund at the restaurant when you eat there and pay with dining credits.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter