Adding on direct after a resale purchase

Greg36

Mouseketeer
Just wondering, at what stage in the resale process can Disney sell you a direct point add on (under 100 points)? We just closed today. Do I need to wait until I have a membership # and account or will having the deed be sufficient? Just curious about others' experiences in doing this. Thanks, Greg

Yes you should wait until your account is set up so they have somewhere to put your direct contract.

:earsboy: Bill

I called member administration 8 days after our resale deed was posted on the OCC website, and got my membership ID number that way. Some people have reported it taking up to 11 days to have the number ready. Within minutes of having that number, I was able to call my guide set up a 25 point add on.

Just wondering, at what stage in the resale process can Disney sell you a direct point add on (under 100 points)? We just closed today. Do I need to wait until I have a membership # and account or will having the deed be sufficient? Just curious about others' experiences in doing this. Thanks, Greg
You should wait to actually buy until you're certain they will be combined but you can make contact with your guide and see if the can grease the process a little.

Are there any advantages to purchasing direct while I am AT WDW vs. Just contacting a member service representative?

Are there any advantages to purchasing direct while I am AT WDW vs. Just contacting a member service representative?

Maybe some extra perks like fast passes. Sales are made by a guide working for DVD, MS advisors work for DVD. You need to call DVD at (800) 800-9100 or you can call them from your resort room to set up a ride and sales tour. Resale won't work for you, you can save thousands of dollars?

Minimal at best and to delay to purchase on site when one has made up their mind would not make sense because a few months of having the points in hand has value as well. For almost all new members, really all who aren't essentially second generation and/or VERY experienced with deluxe stays, buying resale is the best choice. Buying the newest resort is almost never the best choice for those new to DVC, even when they think that's what they want/what's best for them.

Thanks.

I just purchased resale. I have limited experience as my parents bought back in 1995 - but I was 17 then so I only got use out of it for a few years.

I wouldn't purchase the newest resort - likely look to add on points to my OKW contract, just purchase direct.

I did just purchase a resale. I was interest in adding minimal points direct to be able to take advantage of the additional perks offered to direct member.
Maybe some extra perks like fast passes. Sales are made by a guide working for DVD, MS advisors work for DVD. You need to call DVD at (800) 800-9100 or you can call them from your resort room to set up a ride and sales tour. Resale won't work for you, you can save thousands of dollars?

I did just purchase a resale. I was interest in adding minimal points direct to be able to take advantage of the additional perks offered to direct member.
I would do so in that situation at 25 points for most situations, there are limited circumstances where it might make sense to go up to 50 mostly if one just didn't buy enough points initially but the 50 would do everything they needed.

I closed on a BWV resale contract last month. I tried to buy direct after I received my membership number but I was told they weren't authorized to sell in my area (I'm Canadian).

So I'll have to wait until next month, when we're on a Disney Cruise. Hopefully they have something in inventory over the length of our time on ship.

I bought a 25-pt direct add-on the day after I received my membership number for a re-sale contract. Glad I did it. Annual pass, merchandise, and food discounts make some of Disney's prices more palatable for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter