"Add-on-aholics"

Granny

Yeah, I'm a guy
Reading a lot of threads about add-ons and how Disney can expect to keep filling new DVC resorts makes me wonder...

How much of new resorts are being bought up by current members as add-ons?

I know there is probably no one with access to that answer, but just wondering. Seems like VWL sold out incredibly fast and I've seen a lot of folks mention that they added-on there.

So, given a total points available for any given DVC home, what are the guesses for the percentage of the points being bought as add-ons? 5%...10%....25% ????

Like I said, just curious to get opinions and gut feelings.

Granny
[add-on-aholic in training]

VWL is not sold out yet as far as I am aware. My guess would be that add-on's at VWL by owners from other resorts account for less than 10% of all points sold and pssibly even less than 5%. Reasons for belief: (a) don't believe that many really ran to add on there particularly with its points per night requalling BWV preferred; (b) new owners buy at 150 points and above clips, and add-ons are usally in the 50 or less range, thus even a large number of existing members adding on is not going to add up to a real high percentage of the points; and (c) based on figures reported by members from the weekly meetings, it looks like they have probably added already about 6 to 7 thousand new members at VWL, meaning most of its points are going to new purchasers.

Thanks for the response.

You make great points all around!

And you're right...VWL are not sold out but are projected to sell out around October. I meant to say "is selling out". Guess I've got 10 thumbs!

Granny

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter