add extra day to the end?

jimjenkids

Mouseketeer
looking at adding one extra night to our reservations. i did book with a TA, but now are flying home a day later. not sure what the best way to go, I've looked and can book just one night at asm, current resi is there. my biggest question is do we try an add it to our current or do I just book a room only for the one night. we currently have 2 rooms and 2 of the 3 in the second room leave the original checkout day and fly home. the rm2 with those 3, will have a 3 day hopper and my dh and i will have a 4 day- my dd that is flying home with us would have to be with us for the last night if we add. hate to book off site as we are able to do our car rental return on property and use the magical express to get back to the airport....and advice is welcome-short planned trip-used a TA-lost control of my resi-hoping for the best

Can your TA not advise you on this?

Can you book whomever is on the other flight in one room and whomever is on your flight in the your room and extend just your room by a day (with TA helping)?

Your TA should continue to look to add a day to the one room, that way you won't have to change rooms. If your ticker is correct then there is plenty of time for the TA to add one day to the room you want to keep. Don't add your daughter to your room until you check into the resort. Go to the front desk and add her on the day that she would join you. Otherwise, if you try to add her to your room ahead of time, you have to pay for the third adult for the length of your stay. Disney won't let you add a person for less than the length of stay ahead of time.

Is there a problem with your TA that is causing you to not want to just extend your reservation? That would be the easiest and least complicated way of doing it.

Your TA should continue to look to add a day to the one room, that way you won't have to change rooms. If your ticker is correct then there is plenty of time for the TA to add one day to the room you want to keep. Don't add your daughter to your room until you check into the resort. Go to the front desk and add her on the day that she would join you. Otherwise, if you try to add her to your room ahead of time, you have to pay for the third adult for the length of your stay. Disney can't add a person for one day of your reservation ahead of time. They can only do it the day of.

I agree. Just add a day to your room. On that final night, go add your DD to your room at the front desk (I presume the angst is that she is over 18 and subject to the extra adult fee?). At that time, you can schedule her Magical Express with yours. They should be able to work something out.

If you have other problems with your TA or you get a cheaper rate on your own, then it's OK just to have a second reservation (with your DD on it). Just call and ask for a note added to your account to be kept in the same room if possible and bring it up again when you check in. You just have to be prepared for the tiny possibility that you will have to move rooms.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter