ad killing usability

pkondz

Brace yourself for immediate disintegration
There's an ad at the bottom of the page that looks like this:
windows%20capture_zpsj1ptk5yd.png

See that black box of death in the middle?
It loads a new video ad every 15 seconds or so.
Every time it does, it takes anywhere from 0-60 seconds to load.
Every time it does, the DIS stops working, or works
v....e........r............r...............y......... s...........l..............o................w..........l...........y

(was that hard to read? Imagine it 100x worse and that's the DIS.)

I'm using MS Edge as a browser and have disabled Flash.

There's an ad at the bottom of the page that looks like this:
windows%20capture_zpsj1ptk5yd.png

See that black box of death in the middle?
It loads a new video ad every 15 seconds or so.
Every time it does, it takes anywhere from 0-60 seconds to load.
Every time it does, the DIS stops working, or works
v....e........r............r...............y......... s...........l..............o................w..........l...........y

(was that hard to read? Imagine it 100x worse and that's the DIS.)

I'm using MS Edge as a browser and have disabled Flash.
Do you have an adblocker? That would help.

This ad is killing me too. It causes slow loading pages and crashes a lot. It also seems to try to scroll the page down to it every time and I can't scroll up. I am using Chrome. This seems to be a new thing and it really needs to be addressed. Thanks.

Agreed! It just started a few days ago for me and it is soooooo annoying! I have to keep my computer on mute or I hear the ads and as a pp said, it loads every 15 seconds or so.
Is this something the DIS is doing? Its the only place it seems to show up.

Should we really have to use third party ad blocking software (which doesn't block ads from companies that have paid their fees, BTW) in order to use the DIS?

I had to reload this page three times in order to post this. Unbelievable.

I'm finding that refreshing the page sometimes helps (just did it now since I couldn't type.)

Thanks for the ad blocker suggestion. That is exactly what I needed...I can type and scroll now for more than a few minutes at a time.

YES... thanks for the suggestion on one.. I've been looking.. This makes it like a whole new page!! I can actually enjoy the boards again..

It seemed like it went away for a while there but then it came back. It's making it so difficult to sue the site.

In Chrome this site just sits there and flickers on the top of the tab. Trying to go back is impossible, just in the time to type this message there are a ton of entries when I hold the back button. I tried to disable flash but that has no effect.

In Chrome this site just sits there and flickers on the top of the tab. Trying to go back is impossible, just in the time to type this message there are a ton of entries when I hold the back button. I tried to disable flash but that has no effect.

This is my exact problem . . . did you find a fix?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter