Activating DVC annual pass at Hollywood Studios

Deirdres

Always planning my next Disney vacation!
This is our first time purchasing annual passes (couldn't resist the sweet DVC plat pass deal), so I would appreciate some advice on activating them. We will be activating 6 passes from our household at HS on a very busy Dec 29th evening, after we check in to BCV. I have read that we can activate at any ticket window, but I have also read that we must go to guest relations. Which one is correct, and will we have to go thru bag check first?

Yes you will have to go through bag check first and you can activate them at any ticket window. We activated our annual passes at Epcot jut last week, so I can vouch that it’s at any ticket window.

Be sure to bring your member card (blue) and photo IDs for all those over 18 showing they live at the members address. Sounds like a fun trip, enjoy.

I activated mine last week at an AK ticket window. They also asked for the credit card used, I used a gift card, which I had with me.

Do you have any time to spare before trekking over to Hollywood Studios? The International Gateway to Epcot is not that far to walk to and is a lot less busier than Hollywood Studios....although at that time of year I might be completely wrong. We have learned to visit the parks with a water bottle on a strap and a slim wallet that fits into a pocket with no chance of falling out.....Hollywood Studios did have a "no bag" entrance all the way to the left of the bag check lines. Things may have changed, though. And once you get your annual pass, don't forget to look for the "Annual Passholders only turnstiles"....they are usually to the right of the other turnstiles....or whatever they are called now. Sometimes there is either no line or a shorter line, but not always. Have a wonderful time.

Do you have any time to spare before trekking over to Hollywood Studios? The International Gateway to Epcot is not that far to walk to and is a lot less busier than Hollywood Studios....although at that time of year I might be completely wrong. We have learned to visit the parks with a water bottle on a strap and a slim wallet that fits into a pocket with no chance of falling out.....Hollywood Studios did have a "no bag" entrance all the way to the left of the bag check lines. Things may have changed, though. And once you get your annual pass, don't forget to look for the "Annual Passholders only turnstiles"....they are usually to the right of the other turnstiles....or whatever they are called now. Sometimes there is either no line or a shorter line, but not always. Have a wonderful time.

I can vouch for the IGW at Epcot. We went the Saturday following Thanksgiving and walked right up to the guest relations window. There was no one else back there.
Also the no bag entrance at HS is still all the way to the left.

Thank you for all the helpful responses, not sure I will go for IG or not at this point, depends on how long ME takes us. Our first FP+ is 3.5 hours after scheduled landing at MCO, hopefully we will make it :-)

That is cutting is close, but you should be fine (but no stopping at IG). I think they give you an extra 10 minutes or so if you are late for your fastpass. Have a wonderful trip.

That is cutting is close, but you should be fine (but no stopping at IG). I think they give you an extra 10 minutes or so if you are late for your fastpass. Have a wonderful trip.
Thanks, I intentionally made the first FP for something that we wouldn't mind missing, and saved our tier 1 for later in the evening, so not too much of a loss if we are delayed.

something would have to go really wrong with DME for you to miss your FP window 3.5 hours after landing. Your plane being delayed would be a more likely problem than DME causing that much of a delay.

something would have to go really wrong with DME for you to miss your FP window 3.5 hours after landing. Your plane being delayed would be a more likely problem than DME causing that much of a delay.
I agree, I didn't actually think that DME would cause us significant delays, but a delay of 20 minutes or so could make the difference in my case as to whether I have time to walk over to IG or not.

I agree, I didn't actually think that DME would cause us significant delays, but a delay of 20 minutes or so could make the difference in my case as to whether I have time to walk over to IG or not.

I missed the part where you said you're staying at BCV. Going to IG from there wouldn't set you back too much in time. But since you can activate the AP vouchers at any ticket window, then it would make more sense to just get it done at DHS. If you had to go to guest services (upgrading ticket to AP), then I would take the slight detour to IG since the GS at DHS can get really backed-up.

And if you are really OCD, you can watch the boats, and get to IG before the boat (and crowds) get there, get your passes and then hop on the boat back to Hollywood Studios. But seeing that you have 6 people, that probably would not work. We used to beat the boat from BW to Epcot...and either I have gotten really, really slow or the boats have increased their speeds...because we don't beat the boat any more. I am going with the boats have increased their speeds......right?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter