A Whirlwind Trip to Shanghai Disneyland!

Great report. Loved all the pics. It looks like a beautiful park. And the Disneyland hotel looks like they spared no expense. The line cutting would kill me though. I hate that!! -Amanda

Thank you so much for all the beautiful photos. Such a joy to see all of them. This resort is gorgeous and well themed. Love it.

Thank you all for reading! I promise I will get the last update on here someday! Just need to upload all of my pics from Disneytown and this report will be all wrapped up!

Aaack - I really let this TR go too long without finishing up the last day! I'll post our pics of Disneytown now!

Last edited:

After our amazing breakfast at Lumiere's, we headed outside, taking a few pics of the hotel on our way to the boat dock. We were heading to Disneytown to do some souvenir shopping!

IMG_2902 (1).jpg

I loved the way the fence around the SDL Hotel was made to look like a scroll!

IMG_2909.jpg

The boat dock was a short walk away - very convenient!

IMG_2910.jpg

Soon we were on our way to Disneytown! The boat wasn't too packed and we got a row to ourselves.

IMG_2916.jpg

I was also able to get some pics of the SDL Hotel from the boat - so beautiful!

IMG_2918.jpg

After a nice, short journey across the lake, we were dropped off near the entrance to the park. I was SO tempted to go see if Pirates was open and running... but we were on a mission to get souvenirs and only had part of the day before we had to get back to the hotel and catch a cab to the airport. I think it turned out that Pirates was still down until the next day from what I later read on the boards here.

Anyway, I took a quick photo of the entrance to the park, then we made our way over to Disneytown.

IMG_2920.jpg

Our first stop was The World of Disney Store!

IMG_2963.jpg

We found some cute souvenirs that were unique to SDL in this store and were surprised to see that they still had plenty of merchandise for the Grand Opening. I ended up getting a lightweight hoodie, a stuffed Grand Opening Goofy for my sister, a beautiful mug with one of the castle mosaic designs on it for my mom, a Minnie Mouse mug for me, and some Grand Opening stamps for my dad. My ceramic Minnie Mouse mug has a different design on each side and I love it - it sits next to my toaster on the kitchen counter now so I can admire it every day. :)

IMG_2929.jpg

IMG_2930.jpg

Continued in next post...

And here is the mug I got for my mom - LOVE it!

IMG_2933.jpg

Here is the other side of it. It had sparkly crystals embedded in it so I told my mom not to put it in the dishwasher!

IMG_2934.jpg

They also had mugs with Mickey riding Tron which were very cute. I decided against getting one since I already had the souvenir photo of us on that ride.

IMG_2931.jpg

I went and paid for my items and then headed out to explore another shop across the way. Kelly was still busy shopping so I told her I would come back and find her. I loved the murals they had behind the registers here.

IMG_2937.jpg

My next stop ended up being this beautiful candy shop called Spoonful of Sugar that was just across from the World of Disney store.

IMG_2950.jpg

It doesn't look like much from the outside, but inside it was so pretty!

IMG_2969.jpg

I loved this chandelier that was hanging from the center of the ceiling.

IMG_2988.jpg

IMG_2986.jpg

I admired the goodies in the bakery case and took a pic of the menu before picking up some peanut brittle in a souvenir tin.

IMG_2970.jpg

IMG_2990.jpg

From here I wandered outside to take a few photos of the other shops before going to meet Kelly.

Last edited:
I didn't go into the other shops, but got a couple of pics - they had a TrenD store and a Marketplace... can't remember what was in the latter.

IMG_2946.jpg

IMG_2947.jpg

Disneytown had a lot more than we were able to check out with the short time we had that morning. As you can see though, the crowds weren't too bad at all and the weather had cleared up nicely since the day before!

IMG_3018.jpg

IMG_3020.jpg

IMG_3021.jpg

Those last three pics were taken from the second story of the Lego Store - our next stop once I picked up Kelly from the World of Disney Store. I'd heard the Lego Store was impressive and it didn't disappoint! I loved all of the Disney movies represented in legos both inside and outside the store!

IMG_2954.jpg

IMG_2955.jpg

IMG_2991.jpg

IMG_2993.jpg

IMG_2998.jpg

continued in next post...

There were Marvel characters made out of legos suspended from the ceiling inside! LOVED this!

IMG_3000.jpg

On the second floor, you could walk on a balcony that wrapped around two sides of the building and had multiple Disney movies represented in legos. This one was my favorite - Up is my favorite Disney/Pixar movie and this was so cute!

IMG_3024.jpg

IMG_3005.jpg

They also had Ratatouille, Aladdin, Tarzan, and Buzz Lightyear represented.

IMG_3007.jpg
View attachment 257656

IMG_3025.jpg

IMG_3011.jpg

IMG_3014.jpg

And you can also get a close up view of the lego sculpture that stands out in front of the store towering two stories!

IMG_3010.jpg

The Lego store was the final item on our "must see" list and it was time to head back to the hotel to catch our cab to the airport. :sad: :sad: :sad:

We took the boat back to the SDL hotel, where we retrieved our luggage (they had kindly held it for us after we checked out that morning) and then worked for about half an hour trying to cram our newly acquired souvenirs into our already stuffed bags!

IMG_3034.jpg

I absolutely loved this entire trip and would return to China in a heartbeat. I do have two friends in Japan right now though, so I think my next trip will be there and I will of course be checking out Tokyo Disneyland and Disney Seas while there!

Until next time... :thumbsup2

Last edited:
Yay, thank you for coming back and completing this :)

Great way to end any park stay - shopping :thumbsup2:cheer2::cheer2:

Thanks for reading! Sorry it took me so long to complete this - wow, time really does fly by, especially this year it seems!

Yes, the shopping was a lot of fun and a great way to end the trip! Trying to get everything crammed into our bags on the other hand... not so fun! Ha!

Thanks for finishing your TR (putting me to shame!). Shopping is always a great way to finish off a trip - the only problem being that you then have more stuff to try and squeeze into your bags in the hotel lobby lol! Up is one of my favourites too :goodvibes

Thanks for finishing your TR (putting me to shame!). Shopping is always a great way to finish off a trip - the only problem being that you then have more stuff to try and squeeze into your bags in the hotel lobby lol! Up is one of my favourites too :goodvibes

Yeah, it was kind of stressful trying to quickly repack our bags while waiting for our cab - but worth it in the end!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!