A Very Cheery Cherry Blossom Trip Report!

Thanks Agent86! It does sound special - I will definitely try to get reservations. We go to Carthay Circle every year for my Birthday and for Christmas - I love that restaurant!

Looking for an honest opinion. I wanted to try to get reservations to Magellan's but will have to wait until we are in the park to get reservations. Let me start by saying that we have been to Victoria and Albert's and Club 33 At Disneyland - so I think we have already done two of the top Disney restaurants (one for food and one for atmosphere). We will be spending 3 days in Kyoto - should we just splurge there on a nice dinner and forget Magellan's? The main reason we would be going would be for atmosphere - if we were not very happy with our meal at Magellan's would the atmosphere make up for it? Would love your opinion! Thanks in advance.

I think if you are going for atmosphere I'd try to get in the cellar... the space is nice but a bit sparse. The globe is very nice and its posh but not very... Disney? For atmosphere I thought the Roosevelt Lounge had more immersive theming and that felt more Disney to me (no, not characters, just a lot of well thought out details). Thats just my opinion though! Ive not been to V&As (it takes so long!) but I have been to Remy's & Palo on the ship and also to Club 33 in Disneyland for lunch.

Personally, I find the atmosphere at Magellan's to be wonderful. I've never eaten at Victoria and Albert's and I doubt that I'll ever have the opportunity to dine at a Club 33 (so very jealous).

The nicest US park restaurant that I've dined at was probably Carthay Circle at California Adventure. But, we were forced to have a balcony / terrace table so I can't really compare the "atmosphere" given that we simply had the glaring sun and noise from the regular music performers below!

Magellan's is an "inside" restaurant (i.e. no windows / views) and people's idea of "atmosphere" does vary. If you enjoy "people watching", then a balcony / terrace table at Ristorante Di Canaletto may be a better choice. A window table on the SS Columbia may be another option, although I'm not too sure of the view from there as it may be obstructed or a little too far away to really people watch.

I find the theming of Magellan's to be phenomenal. Incredibly detailed without being ... tacky. Although the "secret" cellar dining room looks nice, I much prefer to eat in the main room with the giant globe.

I've also enjoyed the food on both occasions that we've dined there. A "bonus" for us is that it is a quiet sanctuary away from the hustle and bustle (and crowds) of the park. They don't fill up every table (at least not either time we've been there) so it's quiet without seeming too pretentious.

I would probably look at some photos and decide whether the theming appears to indicate an atmosphere which you would find enjoyable or not. Lunch is cheaper than dinner and since it's an "inside" restaurant, it doesn't really matter what time you dine there.

It was definitely quiet! Tables were pretty far apart.

Thanks Agent86! It does sound special - I will definitely try to get reservations. We go to Carthay Circle every year for my Birthday and for Christmas - I love that restaurant!

Oh, we did really enjoy Carthay too! I need to go back but we keep doing Steakhouse 55 and/or Blue Bayou...

April 10th, 2017

After dinner we were winding down quite a bit but wanted to make the most of the rest of our time. We got done as Fantasmic! was ending (UGH, mistimed how long the meal would take but again, I wanted to be sure we had plenty of time from Osaka so it couldn't be helped) and I wanted to high tail it back over to Scrooge McDucks and see how bad the line was for Stella Lou. Unlike pretty much anything popular in the states, Tokyo was NOT going to run out of product any time soon! The larger doll had been released on 4/3 but the rest of her line had been released that day, 4/10 which probably accounts for the long line earlier to get in. We were right to have waited - we walked right in!

IMG_8483.JPG

When we went in everyone was being handed slips of paper that explained you could buy up to 3 of each item per person AND you had to use unique credit cards. So I couldn't buy 12 and pay with four cards but mu husband could get three AND I could if we used different CCs. My husband being my husband did decide to get a Stella Lou for eBay (I know, I know...) and I got several of the mascot keychains to give away so when I went to pay we had yet another communication breakdown.

The teller - all smiles - asked if i had read the card and I said yes I did and tried to hand it back to her. She pointed at the card and I said again that I had read it. Then she used her finger (still smiling) and drew her finger across it to indicate I was to... read it right there? I had no idea what was going on. I said we didn't have more than three of anything but stood there and read the whole thing in front of her. At the end she pointed to it AGAIN and my husband came up and asked what was wrong. I said I wasn't sure... I read the whole thing? I wasn't sure what I needed to do? I said again, yes, we don't have more than three of anything then she happily took the card, said thank you politely and then counted out each item of each thing in front of me and the rest proceeded normally because as I said many times we did NOT have more than three of anything. It was... strange.

Since we were so close to the room we ran the bags back up and then came back to the park. I snapped this pic from the elevator lobby.

IMG_7710.JPG

It was getting a little late by now and I knew we wanted to get up early tomorrow for 'rope drop' so we wandered taking in the sights and ended up over in the Lost River Delta area. Neither Raging Spirits nor Sinbad had any line - we walked right on both!

IMG_7696.JPG

I did try to get pictures of every scene with Chandu but my phone's camera was just not up to the task.. they all came out blurry. This was the best of the bunch...

IMG_7701.JPG

Man he is a cutie...! We wandered into Mermaid Lagoon also but decided we would be back tomorrow and decided to go back to the room and get a good nights sleep.

April 11th, 2017

Today was the day weather just would NOT cooperate..! We had looked ahead and knew at least one day here would be rainy so we brought rain pants with us in addition to the small travel umbrellas we had been using. I can't over state how incredibly rainy it ended up being...! But for now, it was just a good, constant drizzle that necessitated gearing up and hoping the weather would clear up (it did not).

IMG_8485.JPG

Before park opening the cars were out and about doing maintenance and checking things out this morning. Some people may not like seeing this behinds the view portion but we do. :) We ran down to the convenience store in the hotel to get some coffee but found there was only one kind to be had. It was packed in there with people buying up the Disney ponchos and i ended up waiting a long time while the cashier delicately unwrapped and unbuttoned every poncho for the guest if they intended to use it right away. A nice touch, but we needed to get going!

Since there was nothing to eat for breakfast down there unless we wanted cup of noodles we went back up to the room and ate the remnants of my peanut butter pretzels that had come from the states with us and took down my husband's last dorayaki from a fancy shop we'd gone to in Nara. That would have to do! We went down and got in line about 25 min to opening - way behind what I'd hoped since we were trying to take advantage of the early 15. We were back under the arches before you hit the turnstiles which actually was nice given the rain. A little bit before they started letting us in some people put away their umbrellas to make it easier to move and we inched forward into the rain. When the park opened we all made a beeline - trying to maneuver around the puddles - to Toy Story in a big group. We got a fastpass then hopped in line since it still seemed pretty short. I am honestly not sure how long the walk over was or how long it took for me to get the fast passes but it had to have still been prior to 9 and we were already moving through the queue...maybe they open the ride early? The next day at Disneyland the only ride that was open in Tomorrowland was AstroBlasters but I am getting ahead of myself...

IMG_8497.JPG

Where the fastpass line was when I got there (I sped walked the whole way). A LOT of people prefer umbrellas as you can see!

IMG_7715.JPG

I used my brief time in line to take some shots of the queue area. Looking back I bet we waited 15 minutes or so in standby.

IMG_7717.JPG

Once we were undercover everyone started shaking out their umbrellas and putting them away. Everyone was as careful as possible not to splash each other.

IMG_7720.JPG

IMG_7721.JPG

I was really impressed with this bed.. enough so that when we came through again my husband went 'Whoa! look, its a big bed!" back at me.. ^^;

It was fun, but it really is the same as the game at home. Easily skippable if you frequent the parks unless you really like playing the game like we do.

We then headed over to the Tower of Terror as it is another favorite of ours. The theming here is WAY different and the preshow completely different also (and way better IMO, even though again my Japanese isn't that great). The hotel is full of artifacts stolen or liberated depending on how you feel about colonialism by this guy:

IMG_7722.JPG

The last thing he brought back was a cursed idol which leads us to how this particular tower suffered this particular fate. The main room shows some of his "exploits" around the trim at the top. It's fun to check out not only his own part in each mural, but also the reaction of natives behind him.

IMG_7724.JPG .

At the end of the ride you can see him in some more of his humble moments.

IMG_7727.JPG

You know, just in case you were starting to feel bad for him and his fate. :p

IMG_7728.JPG

I said I wasn't sure... I read the whole thing? I wasn't sure what I needed to do? I said again, yes, we don't have more than three of anything then she happily took the card, said thank you politely and then counted out each item of each thing in front of me and the rest proceeded normally because as I said many times we did NOT have more than three of anything. It was... strange.

Those communication breakdowns can be pretty crazy. I don't normally have any troubles at Tokyo Disney, but on my recent trip to Universal Studios in Osaka they were really strict about making you read the "information / warning" cards for certain rides (i.e. intently watching you and "judging" the speed of your reading to decide whether or not you had actually read the entire thing).

When the park opened we all made a beeline - trying to maneuver around the puddles - to Toy Story in a big group. We got a fastpass then hopped in line since it still seemed pretty short. I am honestly not sure how long the walk over was or how long it took for me to get the fast passes but it had to have still been prior to 9 and we were already moving through the queue...maybe they open the ride early?

So very jealous! Maybe the Magic Morning 15 minutes early entry is more valuable than I thought at Tokyo Disneyland! It normally takes us 30 to 45 minutes just to get Fast Passes for Toy Story Mania upon opening (i.e. after arriving at the park at least 30 minutes before opening and getting in line). And by then the standby time has already soared to at least an hour (if not longer).

But, you got to ride Toy Story Mania twice in a single day!

Did you find the Japanese version of ToT less scary than the WDW one? I found it less "wild" but was wondering if it was just bad luck on my particular ride. I am probably vainly trying to convince my daughter to ride it with me so would love this information.

Glad to see how well the Extra 15 seems to work. I think Toy Story is closed for maintenance while we are there so I'm wondering if maybe we will get the new Nemo ride instead.

Those communication breakdowns can be pretty crazy. I don't normally have any troubles at Tokyo Disney, but on my recent trip to Universal Studios in Osaka they were really strict about making you read the "information / warning" cards for certain rides (i.e. intently watching you and "judging" the speed of your reading to decide whether or not you had actually read the entire thing).

Oh, thats crazy! I'm so glad you said this though - I honestly wondered if it was just something about ME specifically.

So very jealous! Maybe the Magic Morning 15 minutes early entry is more valuable than I thought at Tokyo Disneyland! It normally takes us 30 to 45 minutes just to get Fast Passes for Toy Story Mania upon opening (i.e. after arriving at the park at least 30 minutes before opening and getting in line). And by then the standby time has already soared to at least an hour (if not longer).

But, you got to ride Toy Story Mania twice in a single day!

We did! I am not sure if it was the time of year or the intense rain but it wasn't any effort at all. I've definitely had crazier mornings in WDW stampedes and rarely would I be able to hop in standby and have the line be so short after getting tickets.

Did you find the Japanese version of ToT less scary than the WDW one? I found it less "wild" but was wondering if it was just bad luck on my particular ride. I am probably vainly trying to convince my daughter to ride it with me so would love this information.

Glad to see how well the Extra 15 seems to work. I think Toy Story is closed for maintenance while we are there so I'm wondering if maybe we will get the new Nemo ride instead.

I thought the intensity of the drops were the same but now that you mention it there weren't as many long drops... more little bouncy ones. I definitely grabbed the woman's hand next to me on the handle when we dropped the big one - sorry ma'am!! ^^;

April 11th, 2017

We were now well and truly getting hungry so we wandered back towards our hotel. Why? Well, I had/have very limited memories from my first trip to Tokyo Sea with my brother but one memory I've had all these years was coming in the front gate and being so hungry we went to eat breakfast first thing. Blasphemy I know, but we had gotten up at 3am due to jetlag and it took an hour to get there and we were HUNGRY darnit, lol! I remember how surprised I had been to find so many cute pastries with Mickey on them (I knew NOTHING about the park before going, we had not thought we'd end up going at all and chose to do it on a lark since we were up so early) and wanted to relive it I guess? So we wandered that way and found the bakery.

IMG_8503.JPG

Sufficiently full we went to use our Toy Story FP. I guess this verifies that we were able to pull the TS FP BEFORE the park opened, so that probably really helped us get into the standby line with such a short wait!

IMG_7730.JPG

After riding it was time for another FP and since we were in the area we pulled another for ToT! Hey, it was fun and crossing the park willy nilly makes my husband.. well... cross! :)

IMG_7731.JPG

I was able to get closer to this sign in the corner before you go into the first pre-show area... This menu does NOT sound appetising...

IMG_7733.JPG

From my videos it looks like we rode the Electric Railway again (no wait, why not!) and wandered towards Indiana Jones. As you can see, the park really was sparsely crowded and the umbrellas almost outnumbered the people. ;)
IMG_8505.JPG

Even the boats appeared to be empty.

IMG_8507.JPG

As we passed Raging Spirits we thought about riding it again as there was no wait but the rain was still coming down down down so we kept on on on. Finally we made our way to Indiana Jones - thankfully we got to speed walk through the outside part and put our umbrellas away. I have to say while it's basically a large room I enjoyed the queue more than the ride... its GREAT don't get me wrong, but it really does seem like a carbon copy of the Disneyland version on the inside (though the images at the beginning are different). I definitely would put it lower on the to-do list if you are on a tight schedule and have been on the one in Disneyland before.

Pics from the queue:

IMG_7737.JPG

IMG_7738.JPG

IMG_7741.JPG

I looove me some detailing! <3

My husband was really amused at all the different animations used to keep people from taking pictures of the on ride pics... so he took them anyway. He really lucked out because without really trying we were always visible, lol. In this one the rocks come tumbling down like an avalanche.

Screen Shot 2017-05-12 at 7.16.07 PM.png

I thought the intensity of the drops were the same but now that you mention it there weren't as many long drops... more little bouncy ones. I definitely grabbed the woman's hand next to me on the handle when we dropped the big one - sorry ma'am!! ^^;

Ah, thanks. I shall have to try ye olde bribery then. :P I'm thinking popcorn bucket.

April 11th

So it would appear some of my pictures are out of order (oops) but time stamps to the rescue!! I did not remember but just after 10 when we were still in the area we passed by where they do the lottery for big band beat so we entered for fun. I assumed we would not win, and we had no plans to see it but...

IMG_8535.JPG

Jackpot?? We entered at 10:02 for the 1:50 show if you can't see it well. I tried to explain to my husband how amazing it was that we won from what I hear online but I don't think he was impressed since we were 1/1... and had never heard of the system before. A CM came over and I was too dazed to shout in joy but he congratulated us as if it was really amazing and I tried to be over the moon belatedly for his benefit.

OK, that out of the way we continued on and rode Sinbad again since there was no wait (completely a trend by now!) and even though we weren't very hungry I asked to stop so we could have a Chandu Tail. I wasn't expecting this:

IMG_7743.JPG

They had made the tails into little bunnies - so cute!! - and changed the filling to a curry chicken. There was a lot of mild curry and not a lot of chicken sadly.. it tasted more like thin curry paste so I wasn't crazy about this iteration. I wish I could have tried the normal one but alas... we sat here for a spell while I drank my hot tea. I had asked for iced but they didn't have any... there were several places that only had hot tea even though it said iced on the menu which was a bummer. My husband had some spiced nuts and pineapple too from there which were nice.

We then headed into the huge patio area of the Arabian Coast:

IMG_7744.JPG

I asked Kyle if he wanted to ride the carousel but he said not really but he would... I said it was OK and we wandered on.

Their fountain has Jasmine! :D

IMG_7747.JPG

Looking out from the second story of an area with another pretty fountain towards the Magic Lamp. Kyle said he really did want to do this but we didn't have enough time right now as it is a longer show. I *think* we had a Fastpass for Journey to the Center of the Earth to make? I didn't take any pictures of that one so I can't remember what time it was at.

IMG_7750.JPG

Continuing our wandering we went back towards Mermaid Lagoon:

IMG_7752.JPG

Little statue of Ariel is outside:

IMG_7753.JPG

Shell waterfall to go with the waterfall from the sky... yes, it had been raining nonstop and was actually coming down harder as the day progressed.

IMG_7754.JPG

I can't remember if we rode Journey before or after coming here, but I know we did ride it with a Fastpass so that makes twice we had been on it (we rode it late the night prior when the wait was ~10 minutes. I think I forgot to mention that too since I have no pictures... can't decide if I should go back and edit my post or not).

Kyle said he didn't really want to go on any of the kiddie rides inside and I wanted to come back later tonight to get pics without so many people in it. This place was PACKED right now with families due to all the rain. Far more people inside than outside today!

We kept wandering and ended back up by the theatre for Big Band Beat a few minutes before they opened the doors. I assumed (incorrectly) that since everyone was very prompt in Japan we'd be stragglers if we did anything else... man was I wrong! In the end the show started late and there were still open seats! People were arriving after the curtain call for sure... after I took this there was an announcement in English, Japanese and Chinese that pictures and filming were not allowed so I did not take any more.

IMG_7757.JPG

I knew nothing about the show prior other than it was music and was REALLY surprised that the entire thing was in English! Which was great since my husband doesn't speak any Japanese surely he would enjoy this th... nope. He fell asleep. :rotfl2:I really enjoyed it though and was very glad we did it. Maybe I would have to enter more lotteries after all...! :scratchin

April 11th, 2017

After Big Band Beat we decided it was time to go check out the Teddy Roosevelt Lounge. Since we had been snacking all morning neither of us wanted a proper lunch. We got there and there was a bit of a wait to sit... probably the longest wait of the day. A CM had come out and handed everyone clear umbrella slips for us to use as we were all making puddles on their nice floor! :blush: We waited about 15-20 minutes to be seated and were brought back and I was handed a towel. I wasn't quite sure what to do with it since she stood there waiting to take it back.... I kind of brushed my pants and coat off a little and hoped that was OK.

The drink list here is HUGE but it doesn't tell you what is in the drinks. :faint: There are some alcohols I just can't do so I was really anxious... so many options and it may as well have been in latin. My husband decided he wanted to know what whiskey they used in an old fashioned. Well, OK I can do that. I asked in Japanese which whiskey it was and she said whiskey in English so I asked again which one and she said she didn't know and ran off to find out. Ugh... I hate making trouble... and was really glad I hadn't asked a bunch of questions about the drinks! She came back and said it was Canadian Club. He got that and I chose to get an Irish Coffee and we also decided we WERE a little munchy so we got their caesar and some brie cheese. Kyle got a good chuckle at the choice of glasses - he didn't like his much since they chose an odd garnish (I can't remember what it was but traditionally there isn't one or maybe a little bit of orange peel is all) but my drink was really nice.

IMG_7759.JPG

The caesar was a little strange too.. you can't tell from the picture but it's a wreath of lettuce with the dressing underneath. It comes with bacon but hardly any cheese.. it was really mild cheese instead of parmesan but it was still yummy. The brie tasted more like a gouda and had no rind on it.

IMG_7761.JPG

It is SUCH a nice space and we enjoyed eating here and laughing at the tiny differences in what they consider USA food and drinks to be and taste like just as I'm sure the restaurants at home give them a chuckle. I absolutely want to go back next time too!

IMG_7760.JPG

After this we wandered through a shop or two and finally conceded to the rain gods who were relentless. My Mom had asked that I bring her a pandora charm that you can only get in Tokyo so I started wandering into shops on the way and looking for them in the cases. I wasn't coming up with anything so I started asking and we went on a bit of a goose chase looking for the store. One CM said to go to this store but that store said to go here... finally we found them in Bella Minni. There I was told there ARE no park exclusives in Tokyo so I was glad I had already bought her a few other things I could only get here! To soothe my sorrows we nabbed a special easter dessert on the way back to the room and we enjoyed it there - I should have gotten 2 or 3 of these things, it was soooo good. TDR really knocks desserts out of the park!

IMG_7762.JPG

Kyle spent the next half hour trying to dry out our shoes with a hairdryer, enjoying some internet time while he did so. The rain had worked through our rain pants and/or waterproof (HAH) shoes and into our soles. We heard an announcement that the Easter show on the water would be cancelled and some characters would be coming by for pictures instead. Regardless at this point we were so happy to be staying here on a day like today. It was nice to be able to give up and go inside for awhile yet still feel like we were "in the park" crowd watching from above.

IMG_8536.JPG

Secretly I was still hoping the rain would chill out by the time Fantasmic! was set to go off... yesterday and earlier in the day it said it would stop but it kept getting pushed further and further back. I wandered downstairs a little more and thought about buying the special tote you can only get if you stay at the hotel.. but it was 6000 yen... so I waffled and came back up without one. We started talking about what we wanted for dinner and couldn't really decide... we noticed it said on the TV menus you could call down to the hotel and they could make reservations for you, but I was told they can't do it same day when I tried - we'd have to go to the restaurant and ask. I didn't really want another sit down (or I'd have made it ahead of time ont he website) but the rain was really a damper at this point and we were so indecisive which is NOT like me! Eventually we settled on going back to Sebastian's Calypso Kitchen so we geared back up into our now dry shoes and rain gear.

IMG_7765.JPG

We got both the pizzas to split and I couldn't resist another cute dessert.

IMG_7764.JPG

Disney really WILL put a gift shop just about anywhere..!

IMG_7766.JPG

We still decided we didn't want to ride anything here or try to see the Little Mermaid show (which may have concluded by this point, I can't remember). So I just took a bunch of pictures as we wandered out.

IMG_7768.JPG

April 11th, 2017

Last post for this day, promise! ;)

Mostly because I can't really remember what all we did after this. By now the rain had finally given way but it was very windy - break your umbrella windy - and my hope was pretty much gone. I think we went back towards discovery island and we may have ridden Journey for a third time (second time today) and maybe even Sinbad again. We had ridden everything we wanted to, stuffed ourselves silly... ok ok, I did try a potato churro after dinner but I did NOT like it.. it was bland except for an insane amount of salt. My husband had one bite and refused anymore, I made myself have several before it went in the trash. Normally I do NOT waste food but there was no way I could eat it. WAY too salty. We wandered back towards the Mediterranean Harbor and finally they called it - no Fantasmic! tonight. It was somewhere between 30 min & an hour prior and that did it for us, we said goodnight to the rainy windy park and I went to go get my monorail pass for the day.

IMG_7786.JPG

I bought it from the machine at the Disney Sea terminal and we went through the gates but did not ride... we just went through when the doors opened and back down again since the pass had to be validated. My husband used the free multi-day one we had been given at check in. We started packing up a bit since tomorrow we were transferring over to the Disneyland Hotel!

One other side note (hopefully not TMI) the night prior we had shared one of the beds in the hotel. Did we fit? Sure... but I was NOT comfortable. I do tend to switch from side to side at night and there was JUST enough room to do so but I woke up each time I shifted since I was at the edge. We have shared a double in the states without issue so I assumed it would be fine. I apologized to Kyle but told him I WOULD be in my own bed tonight so I could sleep better. Hopefully you can see our general girth from the pictures I've put up - I'm 5'7 and my husband is 6'1. I'm at the higher end of my acceptable weight for my height (oh what the heck, I'm 145 pounds), he is a little overweight. I wouldn't define either of us as "pooh". For married couples I would say if you don't usually sleep cuddled up all night or are smaller than average you will want your own bed.

Last edited:
Wow. I can't believe someone actually wins at the Big Band Beat lottery! I never see anyone win and we've never won.

April 11th, 2017

Last post for this day, promise! ;)

Mostly because I can't really remember what all we did after this. By now the rain had finally given way but it was very windy - break your umbrella windy - and my hope was pretty much gone. I think we went back towards discovery island and we may have ridden Journey for a third time (second time today) and maybe even Sinbad again. We had ridden everything we wanted to, stuffed ourselves silly... ok ok, I did try a potato churro after dinner but I did NOT like it.. it was bland except for an insane amount of salt. My husband had one bite and refused anymore, I made myself have several before it went in the trash. Normally I do NOT waste food but there was no way I could eat it. WAY too salty. We wandered back towards the Mediterranean Harbor and finally they called it - no Fantasmic! tonight. It was somewhere between 30 min & an hour prior and that did it for us, we said goodnight to the rainy windy park and I went to go get my monorail pass for the day.

View attachment 237123

I bought it from the machine at the Disney Sea terminal and we went through the gates but did not ride... we just went through when the doors opened and back down again since the pass had to be validated. My husband used the free multi-day one we had been given at check in. We started packing up a bit since tomorrow we were transferring over to the Disneyland Hotel!

One other side note (hopefully not TMI) the night prior we had shared one of the beds in the hotel. Did we fit? Sure... but I was NOT comfortable. I do tend to switch from side to side at night and there was JUST enough room to do so but I woke up each time I shifted since I was at the edge. We have shared a double in the states without issue so I assumed it would be fine. I apologized to Kyle but told him I WOULD be in my own bed tonight so I could sleep better. Hopefully you can see our general girth from the pictures I've put up - I'm 5'7 and my husband is 6'1. I'm at the higher end of my acceptable weight for my height (oh what the heck, I'm 145 pounds), he is a little overweight. I wouldn't define either of us as "pooh". For married couples I would say if you don't usually sleep cuddled up all night or are smaller than average you will want your own bed.

How did your husband get along with being tall in Japan? My boyfriend is 6ft 2 and he's a bit worried about not fitting into ride seats and harnesses. I'm 5ft 1 (and 3/4!) so no issues here.

Congrats on getting tickets to the show! Do you think a child would enjoy Big Band Beat, or do you think they would get bored? I'm definitely hoping to do the Duffy show, but am not sure if the other shows are a good idea.

Sebastian's doesn't have plain cheese pizza right? >>;

Thank you for so many pictures!

How did your husband get along with being tall in Japan? My boyfriend is 6ft 2 and he's a bit worried about not fitting into ride seats and harnesses. I'm 5ft 1 (and 3/4!) so no issues here.

I just asked and he said he had no problems at all! We didn't go on any of the kiddie rides in Mermaid Lagoon though so I am not sure if those are different.

Congrats on getting tickets to the show! Do you think a child would enjoy Big Band Beat, or do you think they would get bored? I'm definitely hoping to do the Duffy show, but am not sure if the other shows are a good idea.

Sebastian's doesn't have plain cheese pizza right? >>;

Thank you for so many pictures!

Thanks - I really was shocked! I think if your child is especially enamoured with characters they might be OK. Each number had a main character who came out - minnie does a number, goofy, daisy another etc but the majority of the dancers are normal people and the jazz numbers are really old ones. Classics for us adults, but a kid probably won't know the songs. As someone else mentioned watching Mickey play the drums at the end was priceless...! He really owned it! :D

No plain cheese pizza. :(

No problem! I have more of Disneyland I think... it was raining SO hard at Sea I really didn't come home with as many as I would have liked. I also think there may be something wrong with the camera on my phone. They seem ever so slightly blurry to me...? I wish my husband would have brought his DSLR to the parks - it just sat up in the room. I'd have carried it but I don't know how to use it... >_<

April 12th, 2017

Disneyland YAY~!! I have practically zero memories of Tokyo Disneyland from the one time I came before. My brother and I had made Tokyo Disney Sea our priority since we grew up going to Disneyland every year but in the end we were "done" with what we had wanted to see and left around 4 or 5pm and went over to Disneyland. We had discovered they do 'after 6' tickets on some days so we waited around for 6pm and went in for a couple hours. Literally the only memory I had was the Castle at night and riding Jungle Cruise... the skipper had made some kind of joke where everyone in the boat turned around to look at us and laughed heartily but back then my Japanese was almost nonexistent.. I had only gone through year 1 at that point.

We finished packing this morning and made a breakfast of some pastries we had bought at the bakery inside the park the night prior (I forgot to mention that!). We were also treated to one last bit of magic due to staying in Harbor View this morning... the rain had passed and people were out taking promo pictures! Look at everyone we saw as we got ready!

IMG_7789.JPG

IMG_2707.JPG

IMG_2712.JPG

IMG_2718.JPG

Three caballeros (and Daisy)??!

IMG_8542.JPG

Everyone knew they were "on stage" and were making a big show of waving to everyone in their windows. Looking around I saw lots of families in their robes and PJs waving back and taking pictures.

After Donald blew his last kisses we didn't see anyone else coming and time was a-wastin'...! We had gotten a call from the front desk telling us to go ahead and leave our luggage in the room since we were transferring hotels and they would take care of it for us, so we headed down and checked out at the front desk before heading over to Disneyland. Here is the line outside of Disney Sea as we were leaving. I think it was 8 o'clock or just after.

IMG_8547.JPG

It was already shaping up to be a lovely warm day! Here is the line when we reached Disneyland Station:

IMG_7794.JPG

The entire center plaza area is for the early 15 entry - outside of the shot under the family walking were a couple of cast members guarding the entry. They took our slips from us as we entered the line. On either side are the regular lines which were longer and here is the view from where we ended up with at about 8:25 I want to say. We pulled out our sheet and sat down in line to wait but I took the picture after we had all stood up and put our things away. Soon after I took it some characters came out and started waving to the crowd from inside the park which got the kids all excited! Some families bum rushed the gate but just to let their kids see them - they all dutifully went back to their original spots in line afterwards.

IMG_7795.JPG

View looking back right before they started letting the resort guests in:

IMG_7796.JPG

In short order the gates flew up and it was go time..! Even with these signs people did run, but most walked with purpose as we did towards our first fastpass of the day! I would get pics of the cute displays later! :)

IMG_7798.JPG

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!