A Very British PTR -TR to come!

We did DDP on our first trip, but we only had a week. QSDP definitely works better for us this time round, with just a few TS out-of-pocket. :)

Hi @LanaBear-ox !

Firstly, congrats on your wedding - your pictures are gorgeous!

Secondly, WOOHOO! You are almost ready to book! So exciting! :rainbow:

About your accommodation. It really depends how many table service meals you want to do. If its only a couple/few, maybe the upgrade to a moderate with the QSDP would be a better/nicer option.

Personally, the moderate with QSDP suits us much better, and are prepared to pay for the few table service meals we plan to do.

Can't wait to see which one you go for, either way, you will have a fab time planning! :flower1:

Hi @LanaBear-ox !

Firstly, congrats on your wedding - your pictures are gorgeous!

Secondly, WOOHOO! You are almost ready to book! So exciting! :rainbow:

About your accommodation. It really depends how many table service meals you want to do. If its only a couple/few, maybe the upgrade to a moderate with the QSDP would be a better/nicer option.

Personally, the moderate with QSDP suits us much better, and are prepared to pay for the few table service meals we plan to do.

Can't wait to see which one you go for, either way, you will have a fab time planning! :flower1:

Oh hey!

Well I said to hubby as he walked down stairs 'oh hey I'm booking a holiday to Disney world on friday' you should of seen his face!! We talked about dates and he's not allowed to take time off over freshers week -.- which means we will be going for 12 days and going on the 4th (labor day). I asked him what he wants to do and we want to do the buffets, ohana, other stuff we wouldn't be able to afford so we have decided on pop with the ddp! Getting so exciting now and only £2200 without flights :hyper:

WE HAVE BOOKED!

Oh my goodness. These resorts have been driving me up the wall. I just had no idea what to choose.

200.gif

The Facts-

SUNDAY 15th October 2017 - THURSDAY 26th October 2017

200.gif

Staying where you may ask?

200.gif

Port Orleans Riverside!

With a Garden View

200.gif

Ok I'll stop now. I can't link my reservation just yet to MDE but I am SO excited.

The planning starts now. Oh and we got DDP too.

200.gif

Woohoo!! Yay for booking!!
Funnily enough we just booked our airfare to Orlando for our January 2017 trip yesterday and our hotel as well - same one! POR in a garden view !:thumbsup2

475 Days till we go

Selecting Restaurants for a Fussy Eater.

So, after briefly talking to my dear husband today, trying to work out at least a bit of the plan, is what places he'd like to eat at. Oh the horror.

Foods I enjoy - Pizza, burgers, sandwiches, salads, pastas, curries, Chinese and buffets
Foods DH enjoys - Pizza, burgers, chicken - but not on the bone, Italian and buffets

That is it! Here's me thinking I'll book Sanaa or I'll book at Nine Dragons at Epcot. The sheer horror as I have come to realised this is my reality.

Possible restaurants to eat at -

'Ohana
Beaches + Cream Soda Shop
Be Our Guest or if no ADR 1900 Park Fare
Via Napoli
Sci Fi
50s Prime Time
T-rex
Tutto Italia (or some Italian)
Rose + Crown
Crystal Palace

We are on the Dining plan and upgraded from QSDP because it's our first time and everything will have been paid for in advanced. The only things I need to worry about is if I want a starter or any alcohol. So I'm thinking Breakfast and Dinner at 'Ohana, BOG breakfast/Dinner or 1900 Park Fare Dinner and the rest for dinner or at least a late lunch/early dinner.

Still no luck linking to MDE just yet. I just want it on there already! :(

I had some problems trying to get mine to link. This is the post from my PTR at the time! I might have the emails from the time somewhere, if I can find them, I can tell you a bit more about what happened (I can't remember lol! I had completely forgot about the surname being wrong lol!)

"After a few weeks of contacting Disney about my reservation refusing to link to MDE, it is finally sorted!

It took Disney 2 different confirmation numbers before it would work, and when it did, for some reason, my surname was spelt completely differently on MDE (even though my booking has the right spelling?!:confused3)

Anyway it is finally working..."

Good plan!

If you like sandwiches, try and get a trip to Earl of Sandwich at Disney Springs, and there is a new burger place opened in Disney Springs called D-Luxe Burger.

Have a look on Disney Food Blog for ideas - some of their posts are mouth watering!!

P.S. be quick with your ADRs for BOG, we managed to get a breakfast but can't get a lunch. I am stalking as best I can though to get one!

Still no joy but called WDW and got through to Treasure. She couldn't get up my reservation so wait till Friday for it to be processed through their end. Hopefully will link it up soon, I know I can't do anything but I just want to know its on there:rolleyes: I actually didn't know there was Radio Disney. Why is it not played here? lol

You will get there in the end! If you got the email confirmation, your reservation is there, just taking a bit of time to appear lol!

It might be on something like TuneIn Radio?

Some changes to ADR

After having a look in some menus - Thanks AllEars! I think I have a pretty good base to start on now.

Previous

'Ohana
Beaches + Cream Soda Shop
Be Our Guest or if no ADR 1900 Park Fare
Via Napoli
Sci Fi
50s Prime Time
T-rex
Tutto Italia (or some Italian)
Rose + Crown
Crystal Palace​

Replacing

50s Prime Time with Splitsville
1900 Park Fare with Chef Mickeys (or Tusker House)
Adding in Raglan Road

I'm not going to worry my little socks with BOG, if I snag one I'll have it but if not it's not the end of the world :rolleyes:

We have put our first £100 into our holiday fund! I'm not sure if we should add an extra day and stay one night somewhere else. I'd love to do discovery Cove or even universal but I think we would want more than 1 night! We are there from Sunday to the following Thursday. Decisions, decisions...

We have put our first £100 into our holiday fund! I'm not sure if we should add an extra day and stay one night somewhere else. I'd love to do discovery Cove or even universal but I think we would want more than 1 night! We are there from Sunday to the following Thursday. Decisions, decisions...

Ya! And so the holiday fund begins....

We went to Universal for one day during our first trip. We went for the WWoHP, which we managed to do in good time and all the rides (queues were averaging around 30-40 mins...) but we didn't get to see a lot of the rest.

We have booked one night at Loews Royal Pacific (during our stay, we couldn't add on an extra night because the flights are already booked), and got a good price through booking.com because we want to see more of Universal. Royal Pacific you get Express Passes to skip the queues (same has FP) or else we would have stayed at Cabana Bay which doesn't have the Express Passes.

Would love to do Discovery Cove, maybe next time. But if you are looking for a day trip to somewhere a little different, I recommend Kennedy Space Center. We really enjoyed it the last time. You can book tickets that include transportation. They picked us up from POFQ and brought us back at the end of the day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!