A safe place for disers who want to talk about furry friends that crossed over

tinkerbellandeeyor

DIS Veteran
IMG_0029.JPG This is a safe place for memories as well as tips on how you got over it

I lost my best furry friend on may 22 waiting for things to get easier

Sorry for your loss. Your kitty looked exactly as my angel kitty. We lost our German Shepard this past weekend and it's awful.
If I may ask did your kitty have squamous cell carcinoma? Just so exact looking as tigger was.

Hugs

I'm sorry for your loss, he looks beautiful. Although my lizard wasn't furry, he passed away last night. I took him with me throughout high school for show and tell stuff, so I was pretty sad.

I've lost two amazing Westies so far... it never gets easier.

What hurts is that I was too emotional to be in the room when they were being put to sleep. I should have been there for them. I'm such a wuss.

OP, I am so sorry for your loss. My DH and I lost our dog 3 years ago. He was our first dog, and was like a child to us. The best advice I can share, is what someone told me: Grieve at your own pace, and do what feels comfortable to you.

For instance, our dog passed away 1 week before Christmas, so we already had toys wrapped under the tree. My DH took the wrapped toys, boxed them, and put them in storage. Every time Christmas came, we'd discuss what we should do with his toys: give them to a shelter, keep them for our other dog, or throw them away. Finally, last Christmas we decided to keep them and give them to our current dogs.

For me, it just took a lot of time before things got easier. I couldn't walk into a pet store for the longest time. My DH went by himself to get food for our other dog. I'd say the loss was hardest to deal with the first year. I've come to realize it's not a matter of 'getting over' the death of a pet. Once enough time has passed by, you learn how to cope with it, but it's something that stays with you forever. Just focus on all the happy times you had with your pet. That really helps me.

We lost our oldest male, my mother's baby [even if he was more than 20 years old...], on Christmas Eve a few years back. It still feels weird not to see him when I visit my parents' place. It has been so sweet to see his baby brother try and step into his paws, though. It's amazing how they always seem to know what their humans need.

When I lost my furbaby many years ago, Dom (the said furry baby we lost on Christmas Eve recently) slept with me for a week to comfort me since he knew how much it hurt. He never laid in 'her' spot but he always made sure I knew he was there.

We just lost our beloved dog yesterday. She was almost 10 and had been diagnosed with a brain tumour and had several other medical issues. I am absolutely a wreck at the moment. I think I just never realized how much of my daily routine was wrapped up in caring for and spending time with her such that there is very little I can seem to attempt without breaking down. I know this will get a bit easier as time goes on but I'm just having a tough time right now. Thanks for listening.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!