A question for the Budget Board

Should we add a Community Sub Forum to the Budget Board?

• Yes, I want a community sub-forum

• No, I like the Budget Board the way it is now.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, we already have a great community board here...so why do we need 2? I'm not sure if a 2nd budget board would make things easier on the mods....if so that's ok too, but isn't it simpler to just move the OT things?

That makes sense for the regulars. But how does it affect the new visitors to the forum?

I'm a newbie. I like the budget board because I get fast response. This board alone has probably the highest traffic. I know we should stay on topic but it's tempting to post in here when you want a quick response.

I like it the way it is. If there is something that i am not interested in, I just skip it. I am not a great fan of sub-forums.

I never feel comfortable posting on CB. The people seem agressive towards post. The help, information and input here has always been more supportive. Compare how many threads on CB get closed or nuked compared to BB. If anything, maybe a sub forum just for all things Disney Budget on the sub forum.
We can plot our ideas for savings while visiting there or saving for a trip.

We spend more time in our homes and jobs then at Disney, so it would make sense that a BB would be busier then just a Disney BB.

Personally, I don't like the community board. So if you move the off topic threads there, you'd loose the sub community here. Each of the heavily trafficked DIS boards has its own community - certainly the two I spend time on do - DVC and the Budget Board. But when I visit the community board, I don't feel like I belong. Move the community threads there and you risk losing the community here.

And I wouldn't subforum either

I would prefer to keep the Budget Board the same. However, to move the off topics to the community board. I have learned alot from the budget board and yes the off topics just seem to clutter the financial info that so many come here to read and learn.

I believe we just need more mods for this section and help move things around and YES answer questions when people need help about the boards it self

I like it the way it is but am also open to a sub forum. I get scared when I post a new thread that I am A. Posting in the wrong category and B. Going to get in trouble for posting wrong. So I am open to even having the forum being policed more but making sure its done in a nice way. I have never seen anything rude on the disboards but some forums are just plain ol mean. Literally yelling at people for an OT post.

Personally, I don't like the community board.

I would prefer to keep the Budget Board the same. However, to move the off topics to the community board.

The question isn't about moving threads from the Budget Board to the Community Board. It was about creating a Budget subforum to use for off-topic conversations.

sub-form = hidden forum for most people
Interesting POV. There are subforum here that get used - TPA&S, Resorts... - and yes, with a Budget Community subforum this board would need morning involved moderation, but forum management can't be responsible for users' opposition to change.

I never feel comfortable posting on CB. The people seem agressive towards post. The help, information and input here has always been more supportive. Compare how many threads on CB get closed or nuked compared to BB. If anything, maybe a sub forum just for all things Disney Budget on the sub forum.
We can plot our ideas for savings while visiting there or saving for a trip.

We spend more time in our homes and jobs then at Disney, so it would make sense that a BB would be busier then just a Disney BB.
Far more threads are locked on the TPAS board than they are on the CB. The reason very few threads are locked on the budget board is because there is no moderator.

The off topic stuff has gotten way out of control. Something definitely needs to be done about it. I personally liked the Budget Board better back when it was more on topic with Disney savings. When it evolved into an all around money budget savings board it became harder to sort though for a relevant thread. But still do able and acceptable since every penny saved is another that could go towards Disney.

But now the Budget Board is flooded with numerous off topic threads or those that just barely connect to budgeting. I mean come on! This is not the place to look for parenting tips or asking if pool spiders are real. (Both of which are real threads currently on the Budget Board.) Posts like that should go on a board where it's on topic or geeze, on their personal FB page.

To those of you that feel the need to create OT threads here, please just don't. I for one don't want to have to deal with it when looking for budgeting information on the BUDGET board.

I'm all for some sort of change to help fix this situation.

I'm not overly thrilled with this forum and not really sure if the subforum is the best way to go. What I don't like about the budget board is it's mostly about home and lifestyle planning and not really about your disney trip. I'm personally looking for tips and tricks to make disney itself cheaper and not how to get more into my savings or vacation account. I do feel for many this goes hand in hand but those discussions shouldn't be in the disney trip planning section, in my opinion. It's impossible to just look in this forum to learn a new way to save money on my vacation.

There's budgeting
There saving without necessarily budgeting (I save, but I don't budget)
There savings (coupons, dicount codes, points deals)
And then there's off-financial/money-related topics.

I wouldn't mind sub-forums that breakout the above financial topics.

I do not mind the budget board the way it is. I assume any coupon, target discount, financial question is allowing peeps to keep more of their money towards disney. If I see something off topic, I just do not open that thread again. I do not respond. Of course I have read dorky threads and for others I have read snarky responses, I just move on. If there is a new forum, I will read it too.

I'm not overly thrilled with this forum and not really sure if the subforum is the best way to go. What I don't like about the budget board is it's mostly about home and lifestyle planning and not really about your disney trip. I'm personally looking for tips and tricks to make disney itself cheaper and not how to get more into my savings or vacation account. I do feel for many this goes hand in hand but those discussions shouldn't be in the disney trip planning section, in my opinion. It's impossible to just look in this forum to learn a new way to save money on my vacation.
So maybe instead of a Community subforum (connected directly to the Budget Board, just like TO A&S, Resorts, disABILITIES...), you're suggesting a Disney-direct and an indirect Budget forum? Yeah.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!