A morning at the Houston Zoo

I really like the gorilla shot. You can just see him thinking about you.

You really captured those eyes for several animals!

I really like the gorilla shot. You can just see him thinking about you.

He was sitting by himself. My wife and I were the only ones in the area. He looked up at me and then turned around. I took that as a sign that he wanted some time to himself, so we moved on.

You really captured those eyes for several animals!

One of the things I like about the R5 is that it quickly locks focus on eyes. Makes composing and focusing shots so much easier because you no longer have to worry about focus points or making sure that the camera doesn't focus on a nose tip or a shoulder or something. Compose, let it lock focus on the eyes, and shoot.

I was talking to my wife on our walk this morning about how much easier photography is getting. The lens are much better. The sensors are leaps and bounds better. I shot most of those pics around ISO 3200. I can remember when shooting at that ISO with my 1DM2, a very expensive pro camera, was something you only did in desperation. The post processing tools are better and quicker to use. Its the best time in history to be interested in photography. Although it is also one of the most expensive times, so there is that drawback.

Totally true! While I'm not always great with capturing the shot I have improved my photo processing and editing skills making the end product one I like.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter