A Make A Wish Trip - Final Update!! Pg. 33

You guys are just so wonderful. Thank you for sticking with me. I was hoping to get some pics up this week but my house looks like a tornado hit it since we are not feeling well. Mick has been sick for about two weeks and now Danae and I have what appears to be a cold. Michael had stomach upset a couple days again and now we're just waiting for the cold to hit him. We are just holding our breath that he does well. First colds of the seasons are tough on him.

Bill, you are just a sweetie! BTW, I love that pic of Lysi with Snow White.

This is the first time i've read your trip report, i've enjoyed it so much and its made me smile and laugh and cry (a lot!). What a wonderful family you are, your kids are just adorable!

I just want to send you all lots of good wishes and prayers and pixie dust too! :hug:

Just wanted to update all you guys that Michael will be going into surgery November 8th. I hope to have pictures up before then but will also be working on the Christmas Shopping as I don't believe I will have much time for shopping once the surgery hits. After his first surgery, he will, hopefully, have a follow-up surgery about six weeks after. That one will be big and recovery should be long and hard.

As for the house, we are suppose to have some volunteers come over on Thursday to help hang some curtains and put together more furniture. I will be working on a side table today if the kids will let me. LOL

Wendy:

Awesome! That is great news! I am so glad that you finally have a date. I know that the recovery is rough, but I am so glad that you have found doctors willing to help, and I am praying that the surgery will be a tremendous success! I'll be thinking of you and Michael and Mick and Danae. Big hugs your way!:grouphug:

~Elisa

I hope your family has started to feel better! Ill be praying for Michael to have quick safe recovery from surgery! Keep us update. Your family feels like my family after all of this! We are all thinking about you guys!

I will be keeping your family in my thoughts and prayers. Good luck and pixie dust!

Missy in MN

Just wanted to update all you guys that Michael will be going into surgery November 8th. I hope to have pictures up before then but will also be working on the Christmas Shopping as I don't believe I will have much time for shopping once the surgery hits. After his first surgery, he will, hopefully, have a follow-up surgery about six weeks after. That one will be big and recovery should be long and hard.

As for the house, we are suppose to have some volunteers come over on Thursday to help hang some curtains and put together more furniture. I will be working on a side table today if the kids will let me. LOL

Thanks for the update - we will be praying for Michael!!

At long last. More of the Home Makeover Pictures! LOL

Some background. The room that is now Danae's used to be our "ER". It was where our "Entertainment Center" was and also where Michael sat for most first couple of years of life because the poor kid was hooked up to so many machines. Because we fed him in that room, that carpet was disgusting (think extra thick, smelly formula spills), the walls had been "decorated" by a couple of "very creative" children and there was a hole in the wall and the closet door had fallen off.

Here is what they did with it.

hm001.jpg

hm002.jpg

I requested, after much discussion with Danae, white furniture, blue on the top half of the wall, green on the bottom half of the wall, with pink and purple thrown in for good measure. Something girly but not characters and not babyish as she would keep this room for years to come. Whatcha think?

And because I kept you guys waiting for so long. I'll show you what they did with Michael's room. LOL

Background: Michael's room is "nursery sized". It was mainly a storage room for us. He couldn't sleep alone so his crib, and later his bed was in our room. He can now sleep on his own so he needed his own space. This room was bare white walls and carpeting. And boxes of who knows what.

Michael wanted a space/flying theme. I agreed with the no character stipulation and that it needed to grow with him. Here's what they came up with.

hm003.jpg

hm004.jpg

This is their bathroom. It was ok but I had had the same fish theme for all of Michael's five years. I didn't request it to be updated but they did it anyway. LOL

hm005.jpg

but not nearly as cute as the sweeties who will be sleeping IN THOSE CUTE ROOMS !!
Nice job everyone, and thanx for posting Wendy!

Keeping u all in our thoughts as Nov 8 approaches.:thumbsup2 :hug: :grouphug: :yay: :flower3: :upsidedow :cheer2:

Here is the last picture because I didn't get time to take pictures of the rest of the house. LOL The rest of it is boring anyway.

Anyways, we have a "loft" space. In this room we requested it to be our "reading room". Its an odd shaped room in that its a square with a short hallway off on one side and a strange little square piece in another area. Not sure what they intended for that area but we thought that it would make a great reading nook for the kids! I just asked for a couple of pillows and perhaps a shelf there for the kids.

Here is the reading nook. (no loft pics. the bookshelves aren't up yet)
hm006.jpg

The flowers in Danae's room, the rocket in Michael's room and the tree in the loft are all hand painted by some of the wonderful volunteers. The kids loved them!

MousekaMaddi, thank you so much. We appreciate all the thoughts that come our way.

Speaking of sleeping in those rooms....
Here's Danae the day we came back. If you look at her arm, you'll note she didn't take her dress off before climbing into bed.
121_121_01.jpg

Wendy,

Their rooms look great!! Very cute and something that they both can grow with!

I will be praying for Michael's surgery on the 8th.

Sonya

What wonderful pictures. I love the colors and the paintings on the walls are so happy and bright. The reading nook is GREAT!! Thank you so much for showing us!!

We are also praying for Michael. I hope all goes smoothly :grouphug:.

Wendy! I love the rooms! So cute! I love the colors and the whole feeling of the rooms and wow, what a real looking tree in the book reading area! Neat! Thank you for sharing. My mom is going in for knee surgery on Nov 8th too. I am going to have my house cleaned for thanksgiving (family coming to our house) before the 8th of Nov. For Christmas...I was thinking yk, most of the children are over the toy stage except for dd...so instead of lots of stuff, take a trip to Branson, MO Dec 15th, instead my cousins children are going to be performing in Branson with the Lennon Sisters...use the world pass and see silver dollar city at christmas at the same time which I heard was beautiful. Visit more cousins, you know. I have family EVERYWHERE. I have family in Sweden...haven't looked up Sweden on the world pass...yeah..like that would happen, but with the world pass, it all seems possible.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!