A little advice for our dog

Okay so we didn't get our Coach until our 2 dogs at the time were 9 yrs old. They were used to being alone for longer stretches of time and like going in the car. When we first introduced they were very leery. We did small trips out to the driveway and got them used to being in it an hour at a time. Then we took them for some short rides out on local highways. In time they got used to it. On our first TRIP they were very leery. When I stopped so everyone could have a potty break they couldn't get out fast enough and needed lots of encouragement to get back in. We put up a small child proof gate behind the driver and passenger seats while at CG so we could get in and out. By the end of trip they had adjusted very well of course they were taken out to EXPLORE the wilderness numerous times day. We have since lost our Maggie and WookieBear is now approaching 14. When Maggie past we got 2 more pups sisters Sky and Katie who are 13 months. Five days after they adopted us they made their fist ADVENTURING trip. We upgraded the gate and so far so good. Katie still fight to get out and I have to open the door before taking her through the gate when it is time to go out but they are adjusting hopefully they will get better at ADVENTURING this year They carry on for a bit when we first leave but within 5 min they settle down and get all excited when we come back and off to EXPLORE The WILDERNESS we go. We have found things work a lot better if CG has a Bark Park that we can take them to and they can run around and Heathen together Give it some time and put the work in and you will be fine

Sorry to have left you guys for a few days, we were out in the boonies. Our trip to the state park went well but, Sophie was really keeping track of her mom while we were there. She doesn't act that way when she leaves home for the day. Still have to slowly get her used to the idea that the camper is the same as home and everyone will return. We have lots more camping planned and hopefully we will get used to it. For our trip to the Fort in July we have made arrangements for daycare. At this point we think she will be happier and we will be better neighbors.
Thanks to All for your tips, suggestions and information!!

Sorry to have left you guys for a few days, we were out in the boonies. Our trip to the state park went well but, Sophie was really keeping track of her mom while we were there. She doesn't act that way when she leaves home for the day. Still have to slowly get her used to the idea that the camper is the same as home and everyone will return. We have lots more camping planned and hopefully we will get used to it. For our trip to the Fort in July we have made arrangements for daycare. At this point we think she will be happier and we will be better neighbors.
Thanks to All for your tips, suggestions and information!!

If by daycare you mean Best Friends, I think you (and Sophie) will be very happy with your decision.

You may want to consider having her spend a day or two (or an hour or three) at a kennel near home before you leave. It can be a hassle, but it may help.

Also be very sure that you've gotten all her shots, including the Bordetella inter-nasal and that you have the proper paperwork. The Bordetella (kennel cough) must be administered no later than 2 weeks before kenneling as it takes that long to insure immunity. We found that out before our trip when we wanted to take Crash to daycare for a test run before we left. We were fine for the Fort, but not for a test run near home.

Thanks everyone for all of your responses! We will probably go with all of your suggestions in the end. I'm afraid the cat tip won't work as she shares our house with five cats. She's pretty new to the cat world but they all get along almost too well. She does like chasing squirrels:rolleyes1View attachment 233556

Bring a squirrel

hAF680CDF

If by daycare you mean Best Friends, I think you (and Sophie) will be very happy with your decision.

You may want to consider having her spend a day or two (or an hour or three) at a kennel near home before you leave. It can be a hassle, but it may help.

Also be very sure that you've gotten all her shots, including the Bordetella inter-nasal and that you have the proper paperwork. The Bordetella (kennel cough) must be administered no later than 2 weeks before kenneling as it takes that long to insure immunity. We found that out before our trip when we wanted to take Crash to daycare for a test run before we left. We were fine for the Fort, but not for a test run near home.
Yes, Best Friends is where she's visiting. She came to us the first week of Feb. from a shelter. She had done very well there and had all of her required vaccines. I think if I'm the one that takes her in she'll do fine.
Thanks for the info!

Yes, Best Friends is where she's visiting. She came to us the first week of Feb. from a shelter. She had done very well there and had all of her required vaccines. I think if I'm the one that takes her in she'll do fine.
Thanks for the info!
check for sure about the Bordetella shot as one of my shelter dogs came with that one and another did not. it is not a required vaccine

Yes, she is fully immunized. We have her paperwork all in order and in fact have faxed it to them.
Thanks for your help!

Hey everyone! Sophie was having keyboard problems so, I said I would type for her.
First of all, she says thank you for all of your help! Sophie picked a new member of our household to accompany her on her trip. She now has a sister Ducky! Ducky is a beagle about the same age.
The girls spent most mornings at The Fort, watching lizards, barking at armadillos and other dogs, as we had opted for the daycare option so they could spend some time at the campground.
Their first day at Best Friends went well after anticipated hesitation. Their room was always clean and sanitized when we dropped them off and picked them up. The staff was very friendly and helpful, and seemed to enjoy what they were doing. The girls after the first day were excited to go in. (especially Sophie) They both got ice cream on the 4th of July, and Mickey cookies on another day. The dog walk area was like going through a landscaped garden and also kept very clean. We were very impressed with the cleanliness and attitude at Best Friends and set up our stays in December, February, and October. Yes, it was a bit expensive but, worth it for the peace of mind for our "kids".

How great that Sophie got a sister and they got to go to DISNEY together with Mom and Dad. Our two are looking forward to this Dec and their trip Unfortunately their behavior is too bad for Day Care so Mom and Dad will tour for shorter periods and have a large selection of toys for them

Your kids surely aren't as rowdy as some we saw there. The staff was real good with them but they could have easily been out-gunned !!! :dog2::scared::dog:

Your kids surely aren't as rowdy as some we saw there. The staff was real good with them but they could have easily been out-gunned !!! :dog2::scared::dog:
Burnaroonie I wouldn't be so sure about that The lattice work around our deck they didn't tear apart they ate in place Chew toys have a life expectancy of 5 min Left alone while do things we have come home to a destroyed slipper and a throw pillow that made us think they had Killed and torn apart our Old Lady WookieBear ( Brown filling in clumps looked like WookieBears Fur)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter