A Happy Story

Forevryoung

DIS Veteran
So my mom's best friend's son is 18 and has developmental disabilities (he has the comprehension of an 8 year old). I've known him since he was 3, always been the sweetest kid. He is a senior in high school.

Well, the guidance counselor called his mom and said that he was voted into the Senior Court by his peers (they are in Ohio). He needed a suit, but the bigger deal, he needed a date. He's had a crush on the most beautiful girl for the past 4 years (never talks to her). When asked who he wanted to go with, he stated her.

Guidance counselor asked the girl, she said yes.

Tonight he was crowned "king" of the senior class.

What a beautiful world!

(everyone who knows him can't stop bawling happy tears pixiedust: )

:groom: Yeah, you just have to love the world. When you think it is only serving you lemons, you get a chocolate covered strawberry.

When you think the peers only tease and exclude a child, they go and do something like this.

If your son is King then that makes you a Queen.princess: Congratulations on the good news and you are a great mom because you have a great kid. Way to go.

hugs and chocolates:grouphug: pixiedust:
Laurie

If your son is King then that makes you a Queen.princess: Congratulations on the good news and you are a great mom because you have a great kid. Way to go.

hugs and chocolates:grouphug: pixiedust:
Laurie

Not my son. He's just a great kid I've grown up having around in my life.

Someone raised those teens right

It really is inspiring that a group of teens got past the whole Popularity Contest thing to do something better. High school is tough, his peers showed an amazing amount of maturity to do the right thing and not get sucked into all that petty junk that usually goes along with that age. Yay!

Not my son. He's just a great kid I've grown up having around in my life.

Someone raised those teens right
I was so excited that I missed that part, well pass what I said to her. She is a great mom and sorry for the mistake. I need to read then post, wait I did but was so happy.

:cheer2: What a wonderful group of kids. Kudos to all of them and their parents/the people who raised them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter