A Grand Dining Experience Sept 2017 Dining Report-Updated F&W/Biergarten Oct 4

vettegirl

Dole Whip Queen
Hello fellow Disers! My name is Lori and welcome to my Grand dining report. Myself DH, son Alexander who is 3, and my in laws John & Carolyn joined us for a wonderful food and wine trip. We rescheduled due to Irma and stayed at The Grand Floridian Sugarloaf for 7 nights! We arrived the night before and went straight to bed. The next morning we were all able to enjoy breakfast in the Sugarloaf CL Lounge. The lounge is on the smaller side, however the food presentation is nice. That morning they had mickey waffle station complete with toppings. Various breads, frittatas, fresh fruit, 4 different meats, muffins, croissants, cheese, yogurt, cereal, hot oatmeal, and sticky buns. They also had mimosas!! I was in heaven and everything was so nice. They also had bottled water out all day long as well as sodas, coffees, teas, and a espresso machine.

IMG_9960.PNG IMG_9961.PNG

IMG_9962.PNG

Last edited:
I'm here! Very glad you were able to reschedule :) And holy crap, that CL breakfast sounds way better than the one at WL!

Here are a few more the delicious breakfast at the CL Lounge and also a picture of my adorable Cheshire Cup I used every morning for my coffee.
unnamed (1).png unnamed (2).png unnamed.png unnamed (4).png IMG_9963.png

For lunch that day we had a ADR for BOG. It is our all time favorite counter service and who doesn't love sitting in such a glamorous setting. I had a cup of the french onion soup, which was yummy as always. My MIL had the potato leek soup, which was really nice. My DH and FIL both had the braised pork which they both really enjoyed. It was a great way to start off the trip.

unnamed (3).png unnamed (5).png unnamed (6).png unnamed (7).png

I'm in. Can't wait to see the rest of your review.
Thank you for being here!

I'm here! Very glad you were able to reschedule :) And holy crap, that CL breakfast sounds way better than the one at WL!

You and me both, having to reschedule was a little stressful but it all worked out. The CL breakfast was great, I just added a few more pics.

Following along! :wave:

Welcome!!!

Following along!

Welcome!!!

Wow! Such a great start to your latest adventure! CL at Sugarloaf looks incredible. :) Lunch at BOG looks great too. I ate there this summer and like you, had the French Onion soup. It is so yummy!

My MIL had the potato leek soup, which was really nice.
Our first couple times there I had the French Onion soup and I did love it, but eventually I tried the Potato Leek and I LOVE that! They're both so good but I just can't get myself to forego the potato leek now lol.

Our first couple times there I had the French Onion soup and I did love it, but eventually I tried the Potato Leek and I LOVE that! They're both so good but I just can't get myself to forego the potato leek now lol.

Next time I will get both :)

Excited to read along! The food from the club level lounge looks great. And I love eating lunch at BOG, I'm glad you had a good meal there.

Excited to read along! The food from the club level lounge looks great. And I love eating lunch at BOG, I'm glad you had a good meal there.

The CL lounge offerings were fantastic. BOG is such a dining treasure :)

Great photos! With a set-up like that, I would eat breakfast there every day. :)

It was so nice having that everyday. I am still dreaming about those delicious eggs they had every morning.

For dinner that evening we had a few nibbles at the CL Lounge. It was full of people so no pics. That evening they had 6 different cheeses, breads, crackers, a cold tomato soup, beef, meatballs, and a few other hot offerings. They also had veggies, dips, and an adorable sections for the kiddos. They also had 4 beers, 6 different wines and champagne. They keep this out until 10, which is awesome!! With this place you don't need a restaurant, the offerings were may more plentiful than the YC/BC offerings. I would still give a slight nod the BWI CL, they have the best dinner offerings I have ever had at WDW. We took the monorail over to the eat to the beat concert and I grabbed my beloved Lobster Roll at Hops & Barley with a Florida beer and the whole family watched Starship. They were so good DH and I stayed around and watched them again with the parents took Alexander back for his bath and bedtime.

DR01.jpg DR02.jpg DR03.jpg DR04.jpg

The next day we had our nibbles in the CL Lounge for breakfast and went over to Epcot for more festival fun. I stopped and bought the raspberry cider for everyone to try at the Florida Fresh booth. It is so light and refreshing. For lunch we had an ADR at a family fav Biergarten. We checked in early and were seated within 10 minutes. The offerings were so good. The soup of the day was tomato, and the selections were so delicious. Alexander enjoyed the band and went out and danced with his grandfather. This place is wonderful and I highly recommend this dining treasure.

DR05.jpg DR06.jpg DR07.jpg DR08.jpg DR09.jpg DR10.jpg

Can't wait to hear more. I really want to the the BOG Potato Leek soup. I just have to convince Mike to come here for anything besides breakfast.

Biergarten looks good. I've never been since some of the food is probably not something I'll eat, but it's nice to see what it's like inside.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter