A Goof Became Dopey: Running After Dopey (comments welcome)

Sorry to hear about this but it sounds like your son is on a good path to recovery. Hang in there. Running will still be there for you when you can find the time again.

Thanks. He's well on his way to recovery. You'd never know he had surgery until you take his diapers off. I know running will still be there. It can just get frustrating at time when I start to get into a groove and something comes up. I may just have to taper my expectations for my May race.

Hope he recovers quickly.

Thanks. He's definitely doing better. He's crawling around and climbing on everything like nothing ever happened.

I'm praying for your kiddo and for you guys! That's tough to go through that. I'm sure so much worry. Infants are really resilient, you are definitely right about that.

Thank you. Yes, the are definitely very resilient. I think there's more worry from us parents than from him. Watching him play it's like nothing even happened. There have been a few instances of heavier spotting that have freaked us out and had us call the doctor, but he seems to be thinking nothing has happened.

Sorry to hear that your son had to have surgery, but sounds like he is bouncing back very quickly.

Sorry to hear that your son had to have surgery, but sounds like he is bouncing back very quickly.

Thank you. Yes, he is definitely bouncing back quickly. At times we wish it would slow him down a little more than it has as that would certainly make diaper changes easier.

The little guy got his catheter taken out yesterday, and I was able to get back out and run today. Hopefully nothing comes up and I can stick to my training plan until my half marathon and the end of May. I have to say, the screams coming from your 9 month old as he tries to urinate the first few times after getting a catheter out are about the worst sound ever, and it is almost impossible to comfort him.

The little guy got his catheter taken out yesterday, and I was able to get back out and run today. Hopefully nothing comes up and I can stick to my training plan until my half marathon and the end of May. I have to say, the screams coming from your 9 month old as he tries to urinate the first few times after getting a catheter out are about the worst sound ever, and it is almost impossible to comfort him.

Poor baby. That sounds awful. :( I hope her gets back to normal quickly.

Poor baby. That sounds awful. :( I hope her gets back to normal quickly.

Thanks. He seems to be doing much better today. We think he started holding his pee yesterday because he soaked through his diaper last night, something that never happens.

This training cycle does not seem to be for me. I finally got back into the swing of things after my illness and things were going well. Then Thursday we took our son down to Mayo Clinic for a third opinion with a urologist on in issue he's been having and we were told he would need surgery. We decided to try to do it as soon as we good so it would be done before he started walking. Well that lead to us driving back down yesterday for surgery. His surgeon tried something that has never been tried before as far as he know and was able to leave him uncircumcised for a condition that has historically required circumcision. We are very happy with the outcome. Though he has a catheter now for the next week which all but requires two people to change his diapers, and yes diapers is the right word as he wears two at a time. One with a slit in it to stick the catheter through and a second to catch the urine. The frequency of diaper changes and the adminstratio of various medicines ever 1-3 hours is making it difficult to get runs in. Hopefully in the next day or two the frequency of his pain meds will reduce and I can try to run. While I'm released everything went well and there were no complications with the surgery it's annoying that I can't get into flow of things with running. And if you met my son today, you would never know he had outpatient surgery. Nothing slows down infants I'm pretty sure.

I'm so sorry to hear about your son's surgery, but glad to hear he's doing better. I swear, they like to scare the living daylights out of you with something and then they bounce back so quickly you'd never know anything was wrong!

I'm so sorry to hear about your son's surgery, but glad to hear he's doing better. I swear, they like to scare the living daylights out of you with something and then they bounce back so quickly you'd never know anything was wrong!

Thanks. He mad his return to daycare today, and apparently had one of his best days in a long time. The whole thing was definitely harder on mom and dad than on the little guy. His incision hasn't healed yet and there's still lots of swelling, but he's getting much better and the problem he had definitely seems solved.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter