A Glimmer of Hope at Walmart!

TimNDansMom

DIS Veteran
I wandered to the "seasonal" department in our local Walmart today, expecting still to see the last few remnants of 75%-off Christmas stuff.

But instead I saw seed displays, potting trays to get the seeds started in, gardening gloves hanging at the ends of the aisles and 2 BBQ's sitting beside the last (I guess) snow blower! The rest of the shelves were filled with larger Rubbermaid containers, obviously temporary, in wait for the rest of the gardening supplies to come in, I expect.

It wasn't a whole lot but I felt so much better after seeing those first signs of things to come. My knees were still knocking from walking in from the parking lot, it was so cold out!!

when I went in to our store yesterday, I was sooooo excited to see beautiful live flowers! They had some really nice potted tulips, crocus, hyaciths (i can never spell this right) and I think some daffodils. Couldn't resist. :rolleyes:

Good thing there's no stopping Springs advance, although going by today's snowy forecast it's sometimes hard to tell it's on it's way!! :)

I had hoped to get out to my favourite garden centre this weekend, the one that does the big Christmas open house, and get a feel for Spring, but I think I'll be shovelling most of the day!

Julie, remember we talked about how the days are getting noticeably longer? I love when that happens, another harbinger of warmer, sunnier days to come! :sunny:

Did you buy the store out, Poohtown? ;) :)

It's been so warm here the last few days that I felt like I needed to be working in the garden. It literally felt like I should be planting my annuals and putting my baskets together. This winter has been so strange. Our ski bus was canceled again due to lack of snow. It's been raining in the mountains for the last week. I would love to see a real winter some time.

*sigh*

I thought spring was on the way. We got hit with snow....and snow...and more snow....

I'm really, really ready for spring. And summer!!!

we dont like anyone parking near the New truck so we park out in left field I swear.....and walk to the store even with the winds and 5 below zero ......get the dog food and see all the seeds out and the hoses and gardening tools. WEIRD.......we are snow bound today and I hate winters

gina2000 said:
*sigh*

I thought spring was on the way. We got hit with snow....and snow...and more snow....

I'm really, really ready for spring. And summer!!!

Never fear friends, it is on it's way. Just think of the last few days as a bit of a detour! ;) :)

Always wonderful to see you here, Marie!! :) :)

In the bleak midwinter
Frosty wind made moan,
Earth stood hard as iron,
Water like a stone;
Snow had fallen, snow on snow,
Snow on snow,
In the bleak midwinter,
Long ago.

- Christina Rossetti -

It may not sound very warm and cheery, but it is appropriate! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter