A gift question.

crazyme5kids

DIS Veteran
My mother loves to garden. Her birthday is at the end of April, so I thought I would give her something for her garden, or something to use for gardening.
If you were getting or receiving, or have gotten a gift for your garden etc..., what would you love to get, or what have you gotten that you loved? I would like to get something really nice, and can spend up to $150.00 or so. Any ideas or suggestions?

I LOVE gift certificate. I just sent my son one from White Flower Farm (although they have gotten very expensive again). They have a deal where they take 15% off gift certificates - i.e. you get a $50 certificate for $40, etc. In other words a $150 certificate would cost you $128. I love picking out what I want for the garden.

In the case of Florida, however, it's demolition for the fire ants. I have been bitten so much I look like I have leprosy.

I usually get her a gift certificate, so I will probably give her one. Any sugestions to go along with it? She does like getting flowering shrubs and rose bushes. She even loved it when I gave her Irises. I also gave her a birdbath one year.

Hi crazyme5kids! :)

I agree, a girft certificate is a great idea. If you want to add something else, how about one or more of the following ideas:

A subscription to a gardening magazine
Windchimes
A large container or urn
There are all sorts of lovely outdoor lanterns or toches
A good quality pair of garden shears
Stepping stone/s
A trellis - for vines in the graden (and maybe a pretty vine to go with it)
A pair of gardening gloves and a gardening hat (you could add some gardener's hand lotion and sunscreen too!)
A birdhouse

There are all sorts of wonderful things out there, I find the trouble is in not buying....everything!! ;) :)

Let us know what you decide on, okay?

Kim :)

A few days ago I saw a small planter/fountain on QVC that was very reasonable. It was easy to set up and sounded lovely. I thought it would make a good gift for my in-laws when I saw it. Maybe she'd like a small fountain.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter