A few solo hours in the Disney area

aschwarz

Mouseketeer
Hi all!

I'm going to be in Orlando for work next week and will have a few hours of free time, and I can't imagine not getting a tiny dose of Disney when I'm going to be so close by.

I don't want to spend $ on a park ticket and face the crowds for such a short amount of time, but I was considering hitting up Disney Springs for shopping or visiting a resort and enjoying a solo meal.

Would you recommend making a dining reservation at one of the deluxes (my "home" resort is Beach Club, and I'd love to walk along the Boardwalk and go for a Beaches and Cream trip, but I also love GF and Polynesian and might need a Dole whip while I'm in town!) if it's just me, or would I be able to snag a walk-up? This will be next Friday the 27th, either in the daytime hours or evening depending on my schedule.

Basically looking for either ice cream or Mickey waffles without a character meal to tide me over until I come back to FL next :) thank you!

I would never count on a walk-up for Disney dining - get an ADR if you want to eat at a table service.

I'd probably go to Disney Springs though and eat at Earl of Sandwich or D-Luxe Burger, but that's jut my preference.

Thanks! I made a breakfast reservation at Grand Floridian Cafe for my beloved Mickey waffles just to secure something, and if my plans shift and I have the evening free instead, I'll probably just head to Disney Springs and see what last-minute reservations open up or counter service options look appealing. :)

If you don't mind conversing with strangers, check out Trader Sams or Jock Lindsay's--both are pretty easy to squeeze in at the bar as a solo. Both have good apps and fun stuff to look at. Bonus Dole Whip before or after at Trader Sams :)

If you don't mind conversing with strangers, check out Trader Sams or Jock Lindsay's--both are pretty easy to squeeze in at the bar as a solo. Both have good apps and fun stuff to look at. Bonus Dole Whip before or after at Trader Sams :)
Thank you! I have always wanted to try Trader Sams but never made it there, so maybe I will give it a go.

Thank you! I have always wanted to try Trader Sams but never made it there, so maybe I will give it a go.
Disclaimer: it's not my fault if you come home with a giant ceramic Nautilus taking up your entire carry-on bag!! LOL It's lots of fun.

Disclaimer: it's not my fault if you come home with a giant ceramic Nautilus taking up your entire carry-on bag!! LOL It's lots of fun.

Oh, that Nautilus! I love mine. Just be warned if you go solo, they have to serve the drink with it. The Nautilus is set up for more than one person. By all means, if you can drink that much alcohol, go for it! I don't even drink, so I had to find some people to drink it for me. It wasn't a problem! I did have to sit outside because the wait for inside was pretty long. They did let me take a peek in there though and it is very cool. Jock Lindsay's also has a few cool mugs as well, but nothing as grand as the Nautilus.

Oh, that Nautilus! I love mine. Just be warned if you go solo, they have to serve the drink with it. The Nautilus is set up for more than one person. By all means, if you can drink that much alcohol, go for it! I don't even drink, so I had to find some people to drink it for me. It wasn't a problem! I did have to sit outside because the wait for inside was pretty long. They did let me take a peek in there though and it is very cool. Jock Lindsay's also has a few cool mugs as well, but nothing as grand as the Nautilus.
That's actually a great point; thanks. I had two friends with me to finish that, and we were staying onsite and riding the monorail that night. Between the Nautilus, the HippopotoMaiTai and the zombie head thing, we were pretty silly by the time we got to dinner. But no, my monkey head from JL isn't nearly as cool.

And I will also say, I'm not a huge lover of rum unless it's majorly doused in fruit juice, but I did like the combo in the Nautilus more than I expected. We liked all our drinks there and Jock Lindsay's too. The bao sliders were also the bomb.

Thanks friends! I am totally not opposed to drinking a little too much and making some friends...just have to be sure I make my flight the next morning! :earboy2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!