A few questions about Poly Studio

henderkm

Mouseketeer
This will my first time staying at the Poly. We have opted for a studio for 5 people as we do not stay in the room much.

My first question for those who have been recently is do they have traditional coffee pots or Keurig type machines? We like to bring our own coffee so it would be nice to know which kind to bring.

My 3 kids also do not like sleeping in the same bed. I know there's a sofa bed and a pull down bed. Is there enough room anywhere for a twin blow up mattress just for the night?

Can you give suggestions of things to do at the resort that are special to this resort?

Thanks fo ryour help.

If the sofabed is out and the bunk is down there really isn't much space left for a airbed. Maybe in the bathroom floor?

My 3 kids also do not like sleeping in the same bed. I know there's a sofa bed and a pull down bed. Is there enough room anywhere for a twin blow up mttress just for the night?

Haven't stayed at the resort yet, but if one of the kids is OK with sleeping on the unopened sofa, It looks like you should have room for a twin air mattress.

Watch the torch lighting ceremony on the lawn by the main pool.

Walk to TTC for the Epcot monorail
(A bit longer walk to the tram drop off area with the new security screening)

Boat to MK

Dole Whips!

Enjoy the general tropical vibe (landscape/music) as you walk the resort.

Of course the general dining and pools are different at each resort.

The only way an air mattress will fit is to leave the couch as is. The bathroom is certainly big enough for the air mattress but its where the toilet is so if others need to use it at night there may be a problem.

I would lean towards leaving the couch as-is and have one of the kiddos sleep on the couch and then there would be plenty of room for the air-mattress. There might be room for a twin air mattress in the hallway, just outside of the bathroom. I remember there being a wider space in the entry way area and then it narrowed down when you got to the closet/kitchenette area. The wider area is where the "connecting-room" door is, so that might be a good area to put it. Then people would still be able to get to the bathroom with the toilet during the night.

I was just looking at my pictures from our last trip and you might be able to pull out the sofa-bed and still have room for an air-mattress. The one thing I noticed though, is that there is a pretty good sized "coffee table" that you will have to move if you open the couch. And that might take up the room at the end of the sofa bed.

How big are your kids? If any of them are much over 5'5" (my height!), they might not be to comfortable on the pull-down bed. I tried it out when I was there and I just fit.

Have a great trip!

Maybe the hallway?
You are brave in a studio with five people. I have two kids and we always get a two bedroom LOL

I was there in April with 3 adults and only had the bed down and a bit tight. We were neat and found it hard to have things out. There is very little storage, so lived mostly out of our suitcase. If you put a blow up in the hall area it will be in the way of anyone who has to use the bathroom. I will be honest and tell you to use another resort unless you are stuck on staying at the Polynesian. We stayed there many years ago in one of the standard rooms and felt we had more room and storage. The extra shower didn't do much for us. Hope this helps.

This will my first time staying at the Poly. We have opted for a studio for 5 people as we do not stay in the room much.

My first question for those who have been recently is do they have traditional coffee pots or Keurig type machines? We like to bring our own coffee so it would be nice to know which kind to bring.

My 3 kids also do not like sleeping in the same bed. I know there's a sofa bed and a pull down bed. Is there enough room anywhere for a twin blow up mattress just for the night?

Can you give suggestions of things to do at the resort that are special to this resort?

Thanks fo ryour help.

I actually know all the ins and outs of this question.

I had to fit a twin bed in somewhere for my mother's safety - very long story. She has dementia and I needed her very low off the ground and on something where her movement is lessened. I actually had her on the small murphy pull down for these safety reasons and she rolled off the first night (when she falls she can't help herself so thank God I woke up ). I had brought an alternative for her safety that works in her daily life.

I thought it would fit in the hall. Doesn't work, barely fits and can't get by for toilet, as others have noted. If anyone wants to leave before he/she wakes up, not doable. And regardless it is a safety hazard if there is an emergency especially when one's vision is lessened. The only way it would work is if you brought a narrower cot so there is walking room. But honestly I would hate to worry that someone would roll into the space.

But unbelievably so a twin does fit in the first washroom. I just couldn't choose that at I was not okay with that for my mother. But it does fit.

Everyone is right, the option is not bringing out the couch. Or telling your kids to deal. Insert smile and laugh.

When the couch is out you still have the huge chest (and it is huge) and table and chairs to deal with, so that is not an option.

As far as the resort, you are all going to have so much fun. You will all love both the pools and the water play area.

Don't overlook ordering room service. It's a really relaxing way to eat. They bring it in with such service for you all. If you can I would bring some folding camping chairs for this option. I ordered one and had it delievered for my mom as they are safe for her in general.

The Twilight Feast on takeout is 'Ohana room service. Do not order for five. Order for much lower, they bring so much food. It's wasteful.

I have easily fed three people on one order and still had leftovers. I was not being cheap I had read in advance how much they send. You can order to time it for the fireworks, if you are lake view.

Ordered breakfast many days as Kona has a great one and it is not that expensive.

You can also order drinks!

If you are standard view the lake side third floor platform outside of Tokelau is a perfect area to watch the fireworks.

There is a torch lighting ceremony every night and movies on the grassy area by thelobby. And a dole whip window.

Also, as others have stated it is great to walk right to the Epcot monorail.

Don't forget that if transportation is packed coming home from the MK you have many options. Small boat - monorail to Polynesian - large ferry to TTC and easy walk. Heck even express monorail to TTC and easy walk but that's usually packed anyway.

Don't overlook the proximity to the Grand Floridian. The pathway over there is another spot to watch the fireworks, different perspective.

Have a wonderful time.

Last edited:
How big are your kids? If any of them are much over 5'5" (my height!), they might not be to comfortable on the pull-down bed. I tried it out when I was there and I just fit.

I am pretty well 5'10" and sleep on these pull downs at the Polynesian and the Grand Floridian. And love them. Stating only because everyone is different with thoughts on these beds.

I would lean towards leaving the couch as-is and have one of the kiddos sleep on the couch and then there would be plenty of room for the air-mattress. There might be room for a twin air mattress in the hallway, just outside of the bathroom. I remember there being a wider space in the entry way area and then it narrowed down when you got to the closet/kitchenette area. The wider area is where the "connecting-room" door is, so that might be a good area to put it. Then people would still be able to get to the bathroom with the toilet during the night.

Great idea on the bold and it is what I thought before I tried it. Really thought I had this option. Didn't work.

And once again is a safety concern if there was an emergency.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter