A&E Series about Laci Peterson

I go back and forth, I'm easily swayed I guess! I just don't think there was enough or any evidence to put a man on death row. Yes he was odd, a cheater, creep, etc. but that doesn't make him a killer.

There was plenty of evidence. Very few killers are polite enough to video themselves committing the crime, so police mostly have to deal with circumstantial evidence. And a jury of 12 felt the evidence left no doubt. The man was a killer who freaking out about a child cutting into his life so he disposed of him and his mother like they were trash.

Well based on what I saw I guess the defense didn't do a good enough job investigating some other things.

One thing that made me go hmm, is that another pregnant woman was killed and her body was found in the exact same condition as Laci's, and I won't give the gruesome details but it does make one wonder if the same person committed both murders.

There was robbers in the neighborhood around the same time Laci was killed.

Why woukd Scott put himself where the body would be found

People claimed they saw Laci walking the dog in the park well after Scott left.

Is Scott a lying cheating dirt bag Yes!!!!! A murderer Im not sure.

I haven't watched this week yet, but last week I learned something new with the computer searches in the am Dec. 24 for women's clothes and sunflowers. Scott never struck me as a criminal mastermind, so that was likely Laci. Oh, and the Martha Stewart episode, he was right about the meringue. It did cause me to go hmmm a bit. Was Scott smart enough to send the dog out with the leash to be found? I'm like 98% sure he did it now! he for sure was involved.

The show had an explanation for all that. I guess he went to stay with family because he was being hounded by the press and thus also changed his appearance. I can't recall the reason for the money. I'm not saying he didn't do it, but I'm saying there is reasonable doubt, IMO.
The reason why he supposedly had all that cash was laughable.

I've been watching it, and I find it very interesting. I also followed it when it first happened, and like others, I was sure he was guilty. Now-hmmmm! I'm wondering how much of the "Well, he was cheating on his poor, pregnant wife-I'll bet he's guilty" feeling played into decisions.

On the show they talked about how the police announced Scott's alibi to the public by saying where he was, and if someone else had killed Laci and still had her body then that gave them the perfect opportunity to dump it where Scott was that day. Did you watch the show last night? They also talked about the timeline and some evidence that was left out because there were certain pages in Scott's case that were missed by the scanner and left out, such as critical information from the mailman about the dog. And the fact that police basically ignored the robbery that happened across the street. There was another aspect about a tip from someone who knew the robbers, but I can't quite remember the details but it was significant.

I do agree that Scott telling Amber that it would be his first Christmas without his wife was telling.

There was robbers in the neighborhood around the same time Laci was killed.

Why woukd Scott put himself where the body would be found

People claimed they saw Laci walking the dog in the park well after Scott left.

Is Scott a lying cheating dirt bag Yes!!!!! A murderer Im not sure.
Robbers don’t typically kill people and if they happen to, purposely or by accident, they don’t clean up the crime scene and remove the body. They certainly don’t hang onto it in the hopes that the cops will give away the main suspects alibi so they know precisely where to dump it.

I didn't watch this series, but I remember being on an internet forum back when the trial was taking place. I think it was on the AOL message boards. There were some quite heated arguments both for and against his guilt. There was a fairly large number of people who argued that Amber killed Laci.

Then there were those who fantasized about becoming Scott groupies when he was acquitted.

There was also zero forensic evidence found inside the house. No signs of a struggle, no signs of cleanup, no scratches, nothing. For a murder so vicious, how is that possible?

There was also zero forensic evidence found inside the house. No signs of a struggle, no signs of cleanup, no scratches, nothing. For a murder so vicious, how is that possible?

He could have drowned her in the pool, that's not hard to clean up.
Where did it say it was a vicious death?

I didn't watch this series, but I remember being on an internet forum back when the trial was taking place. I think it was on the AOL message boards. There were some quite heated arguments both for and against his guilt. There was a fairly large number of people who argued that Amber killed Laci.

Then there were those who fantasized about becoming Scott groupies when he was acquitted.

Towards the end of last night's show, Scott's sister and sister-in-law hosted what they called a "SPA weekend" with SPA standing for Scott Peterson Appeal. A bunch of women who apparently met each other through message boards about the case all got together to go over the evidence, transcripts, etc to try and help the appeal. I didn't follow the case closely at the time it occurred but those message boards must have been intense!!

Her head and limbs were missing, and all of her internal organs were gone.

Every single organ was gone?

Edit- I had no idea about that, just did some reading.
According to the forensic pathologist who performed the autopsy there was no conclusive evidence that Laci's extremities had been cut off.

I didn't read any info on whether they think the organs were physically removed. I did read that the chest cavity was open and barnacles had formed on her ribs.

It is possible that her organs were eaten by fish.
He could have strangled her and dumped her. Nothing gruesome as far as blood.

Last edited:
Her head and limbs were missing, and all of her internal organs were gone.

Which was all explained by pathologists at the trial. The limbs would have been weighed down so she would stay under the water. In the course of decomp, they became detached from the torso. They weights would have held the limbs down while the torso floated. Her head was probably removed to hinder ID if she was found. And she was in the water for months. Fish and other animals would have gotten to her organs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter