A couple BWV questions

dsneygirl

<font color=blue>My little pirate is here<br><font
We're now less than one month away from our first stay at the BWV and I have 2 quick questions. I know everyone complains about the loooooong hallways so I would like to request a room "close to the main elevator" who knows if it will work but it's worth a try. We have standard view is there any other kind of location I should request?

Secondly what is the pool like for little ones? Is there is splash area or wading pool?

Thanks

We're now less than one month away from our first stay at the BWV and I have 2 quick questions. I know everyone complains about the loooooong hallways so I would like to request a room "close to the main elevator" who knows if it will work but it's worth a try. We have standard view is there any other kind of location I should request?

Actually, not everyone complains about the BWV hallways. Many prefer to be away from the elevators as it provides a better view of Illuminations fireworks and is quieter. Near the elevators means near the front entrance and all the traffic, loading/unloading and ME cage clattering as well.

Secondly what is the pool like for little ones? Is there is splash area or wading pool?

Yes, there is a very nice kiddie pool and splash area at the main pool. They'll have a blast there! :)

Actually, not everyone complains about the BWV hallways. Many prefer to be away from the elevators as it provides a better view of Illuminations fireworks and is quieter. Near the elevators means near the front entrance and all the traffic, loading/unloading and ME cage clattering as well.

Yes, there is a very nice kiddie pool and splash area at the main pool. They'll have a blast there! :)

I am one of those that will never complain about the hallways. I think it really is not as long as people allude to...IMO. We took our daughter who was 10.5 months old at the time in the kiddie pool with wife and she loved it.

I am one of those that will never complain about the hallways. I think it really is not as long as people allude to...IMO. We took our daughter who was 10.5 months old at the time in the kiddie pool with wife and she loved it.

I found a pic of the kiddie pool....

IMG_5376-1.jpg

Isn't there also an animal or two that sprinkles water? We haven't brought DGC to the BWV yet, but I think I saw an elephant.

Bobbi

This was from February 2006. DD was 2.5 at the time. She REALLY liked the pool and to the left (off camera) is the playground area...which she also really enjoyed. There's not an actual splash area, but the wading pool (see below) is nice and the elephant sprays water out of it's trunk.

swimming5gd1.jpg

This was from February 2006. DD was 2.5 at the time. She REALLY liked the pool and to the left (off camera) is the playground area...which she also really enjoyed. There's not an actual splash area, but the wading pool (see below) is nice and the elephant sprays water out of it's trunk.

We bought our daughter the same bathing suit in the BWV gift shop the night we took our pic! Wife forgot hers at home.

I've stayed at BWV standard view many times and each time was in the second half of the hall. Unless you have a physical disability, the walk issue is greatly exagerated. I agree with Granny, I'd rather be down farther, you get a better view and it's quieter. I've always requested across from the bus stop, top floor, and have never been disappointed.

The first time we stayed at BWV, we went round and round, getting lost, trying to find our room in those hallways but as one poster said, the farther away from the elevators, the less hallway traffic there is. This has never bothered us as the foyer to the room becomes a sound barrier with the closet and kitchen closest to the hallway. Everything is truly well designed to keep guests comfortable.
In some cases, when you're farther away from the elevator, you can exit through another door, if doing steps are OK for you. Once, we were exited directly across the main drive from the bus stop...that saved quite a few steps. On another stay, we exited to the Quiet Pool a few steps away from the walkways on the waterway.
Being down one of those lo-o-o-o-o-ng hallways isn't all that bad!
pat
::MinnieMo

The first time we stayed at BWV, we went round and round, getting lost, trying to find our room in those hallways but as one poster said, the farther away from the elevators, the less hallway traffic there is. This has never bothered us as the foyer to the room becomes a sound barrier with the closet and kitchen closest to the hallway. Everything is truly well designed to keep guests comfortable.
In some cases, when you're farther away from the elevator, you can exit through another door, if doing steps are OK for you. Once, we were exited directly across the main drive from the bus stop...that saved quite a few steps. On another stay, we exited to the Quiet Pool a few steps away from the walkways on the waterway.
Being down one of those lo-o-o-o-o-ng hallways isn't all that bad!
pat
::MinnieMo

The hallway exits to ground level is a great time saver. I’m curious how you got lost, aren’t the rooms in numeric order?

I agree that the LONG hallways get more bad press than they should. I had braced myself for them and yes, they are long, but unless you have physical difficulties, they just weren't that big of a deal. No worries.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter