A “Food and Non-Alcoholic Drink” Festival For Me! Aug. 30-Sept. 6, 2017! *COMPLETED 10/1/17*

Bought Merchandise

Here I am going to show you all of the merchandise that I bought on this trip. I did quite a bit of shopping whether if that was at Disney Springs or in the Theme Parks.

At Disney Springs, I bought this new Star Wars shirt at the World of Disney. I am saving to wear it for when I see Star Wars: The Last Jedi this December.

At the Food & Wine Festival Center, there is a place where they are selling a lot of different prints/pictures. I found this print that depicts several images of Disneyland so I had to buy it. I grew up 20 minutes from there, and it reminds me of my home park whenever I look at it now.

One day when I was in Disney’s Hollywood Studios, I went into the Star Wars Launch Bay and saw this print. It was the day after Force Friday 2. I looked at this print, and I was very tempted to buy it. Eventually I gave in and I bought it.

At the Food & Wine Festival I was given several Annual Pass buttons. I really think Disney could do better with an AP gift especially since the year before was a lot better.

Disney Pins I bought on this trip:

My pin collection is now up to 282 Disney pins.

Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party Pin:

(1/2)

(2/2)

(1/2)

(2/2)

Food & Wine Festival Pin:

Food & Wine Festival Pin:

Happily Ever After Pin:

Lion King pins (This set was released on my trip):

Jungle Cruise Pin:

Gold R2-D2 Pin:

Gold BB-8 Pin:

Disney Cruise Line Pin as a gift to me from @lucas and her husband so that I remember the cruise that I met them on this summer. Thanks again @lucas for this pin! It was an added surprise to my trip, and it was also great to see both of you!

(1/2)

(2/2)

That’s a look at all of the merchandise I bought on this trip.

Last edited:
The security lines at MCO can be rough in any day. Makes TSA precheck worth the investment.

I've never been to ASMu. It looks like. A great resort!

Great end to a great WDW trip!

I know Brazilian tour groups often get a bad rap automatically but when you routinely see them do things like be rude or something it is hard for them not to have that bad rap. I had a friend who was staying at Sports and her room was flooded because a group above them left the bathtub water on.

I am so glad I got pre-check to help expedite the process a bit. While my local airport is never too busy Orlando can get really busy.

Great end to a great WDW trip!

I know Brazilian tour groups often get a bad rap automatically but when you routinely see them do things like be rude or something it is hard for them not to have that bad rap. I had a friend who was staying at Sports and her room was flooded because a group above them left the bathtub water on.

I am so glad I got pre-check to help expedite the process a bit. While my local airport is never too busy Orlando can get really busy.
Well, if I had that situation happen to me, I would be so mad!

MCO wasn't even busy. It's just the people working TSA were a lot slower than normal.

Do you know how to sign up for pre-check?

Applying for pre check was super easy and we got an appointment within a couple of days. About a week or two later we had known traveler numbers. As much as you fly it would be worth it. If you go international frequently then there may be better options for you than pre check.

Dh and I have global entry cards - $100 for 5 years. It was a very easy process. We like it besides the guaranteed pre-check we also use it when cruising out of Port Everglades in Fort Lauderdale. Port Everglades is the only cruise port currently approved to accept the Global Entry program, but we live in the Fort Lauderdale area and cruise frequently from there. And, it really saves us a lot of time when disembarking.

https://www.cbp.gov/travel/trusted-traveler-programs/global-entry

Last edited:
Applying for pre check was super easy and we got an appointment within a couple of days. About a week or two later we had known traveler numbers. As much as you fly it would be worth it. If you go international frequently then there may be better options for you than pre check.
Thanks for the info. I'll keep it in mind for the future. I normally don't fly as much. This has been a crazy year where I have flown more than I ever have in the same timeframe.

Last edited:
precheck

Go to the link, its $85 for 5 years. You can also get Global Entry which includes pre-check if you plan on traveling outside the country. You schedule an appointment and they check your background and you are good. Very simple and easy process.
That's not a bad price. I'll definitely look into it. Thanks!

Dh and I have global entry cards - $100 for 5 years. It was a very easy process. We like it besides the guaranteed pre-check we also use it when cruising out of Port Everglades in Fort Lauderdale. Port Everglades is the only cruise port currently approved to accept the Global Entry program, but we live in the Fort Lauderdale area and cruise frequently from there. And, it really saves us a lot of time when disembarking.

https://www.cbp.gov/travel/trusted-traveler-programs/global-entry
Now getting it for cruises would definitely be worth it! I don't think Disney would utilize it though since they don't go out of Fort Lauderdale. :( Is it sad that I really don't want to cruise any other cruise line ever again?

Great reading your report. Thanks for sharing!
Thank you for reading it! It means a lot to have people that would actually read about my trip. I'll have one more post out tomorrow, as well as, a link to my next trip report. I hope to see you at the next one!

Great report! I enjoyed all the pictures. And good choices of souvenir!
Thanks for reading it! I am glad that you followed along.

I normally don't go for prints, because I don't like to carry them (one I got my last night so couldn't be shipped to my resort). Pins have always been my souvenirs since I was a kid. That explains why I have so many.

Conclusion + Trip Highlights!

My Dad and I would like to thank all of you for following our adventures while reading my trip report! It was definitely a crazy trip, and I’m happy all of you have decided to follow me as I told you about everything that I experienced.

Picture taken on our Disney Cruise this summer during one of our excursions.

Highlights:

I had several highlights on this trip to Walt Disney World.

Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party is always a highlight whenever I go to it. I have never been to the Christmas Party, and I plan on getting to one of those at some point. It’s an awesome experience getting to fill two bags full of candy while you are inside the Magic Kingdom. Also, getting one of the best meet & greet pictures I have ever gotten was a plus!

The Food & Wine Festival this year is amazing. I think I enjoyed it a lot more than I did last year. Yes, the crowds are there. However, I really didn’t have a “bad” food item. It really was more of me comparing price to the portion given. Some things I know I wouldn’t get again, but I never thought anything was bad.

My favorite dishes of the Food & Wine Festival out of the things I tried were:

1. Loaded Mac N’ Cheese from Active Eats.
  2. Crispy Chicken from Farm Fresh
  3. Red Hot Spicy Thai Curry Beef from Thailand
  4. Lump Crab Cake from Coastal Eats
  5. Crispy Calamari from Italy

That is my order of the top food items on this trip. I’m excited to try more on my upcoming trip.

I know I didn’t try a lot of non-alcoholic drinks this trip, but the Strawberry Smoothie from the Almond Orchard is my go-to non-alcoholic beverage. I think I had it 3 times on this trip.

I did have some crazy experiences with guests and cast members that I’m still trying to forget, so I won’t talk about it anymore. :D

My favorite meal of this trip was easily the scallops at Flying Fish. I was afraid to try the new dish, but I was saying “YES” to everything on that plate. Everything really worked well together.

My favorite entertainment will always be the Voices of Liberty. They are always a huge highlight for me. I also really enjoy the Festival of the Lion King, but I am also a huge Lion King fan.

My first time staying All-Star Music was definitely an experience. I knew I wouldn’t be in the room to often, so I was ok with staying at All-Star Music. It really is a nice resort though that is well themed. The crowds really weren’t there on this trip, so I didn’t have many horror bus stories. It was a very pleasant resort to stay at, and I’m glad I’ll be staying there again shortly.

Conclusion:

So, once again, thank you to all of you for reading my trip report. I hope you had as much fun reading it as I did typing it up and preparing it for all of you to read! I hope this helps all of you with any future vacations that you might have scheduled to Walt Disney World.

If you have any questions, always feel free to message me about Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, or Aulani. I would be more than happy to help with any future planning questions.

Picture taken at Aulani: A Disney Resort & Spa!

So, in the words of Mickey Mouse…
"See Ya’ Real Soon!!!”

I'm a long time lurker but wanted to let you know that I've enjoyed reading your report. I especially loved how you ended it with the resort summary, merchandise purchases and food wrap up. In all of the trip reports I've read, not many feature All Star Music so I loved seeing all of the pics. Thanks for sharing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!