9/29 'OHana Dinner Review

JC Butterfly

DIS Veteran
In a previous review I mentioned that my husband and I are "Polynesian Wannabees" since it's our favorite resort but we've never stayed there, so we make a point to eat there as often as possible.

The chance to walk the luciously landscaped grounds would be reason enough to come here, but the fact that 'OHana is here makes it the closest thing to heaven we'll experience for a while.

'OHana has such a friendly and welcoming atmosphere as your host greats you and explains how we're all family and we'll be joining our "cousins" for dinner. The chairs have a wicker/bamboo look. The windows over look the lake with the castle in the distance, magical!

The starter is a pineapple bread but don't fill up too much on that. Soon to follow are vegetable and shrimp won-tons, bacon-fried green beans, tossed salads, fried rice, etc.

It's all you can eat but everything is brought to your table so you don't have to move.

Then comes the turkey and pork. I'm not a huge fan of these items anywhere so I certainly don't fill up on them here (although they are quite good) but the real treat for me is the delicious steak (varying to well done for my husband to medium rare for me) and the SHRIMP

skewers and skwers of JUMP shrimp brought right to me. This is one item where I find myself eating until I'm beyond stuffed because it is just so good.

Of course this time I forgot about the wonderful dessert. Fresh pineapple dipped in warm carmel. I can't even tell you how heavenly this is. I was reluctant to try it the first time because it didn't sound like a good combination. but once i tried it I'm not longer shy to ask for seconds or thirds, really really good!

As a childless couple we appreciate that the kids are kept well entertained by spontaneous parades around the place, hula-hoop contests, etc but it never negatively intrudes on our dinner.

This is a must do at least once every trip, twice if possible . . . yes, it's really THAT GOOD!

thanks for the great review...we are trying this restaurant for the first time in December....I can't wait!

We loved Ohana! Their breakfast is fabulous, too! We requested a window table and had a great view of Wishes.

What a very nice review. We will be doing the O'Hana Dinner in November.
Can't wait.

We've sat in multiple places in this restaurant, it's quite big.

Some tables are more interior and you're actually sort of looking out into the hotel's atrium.

Some of the window seats overlook the boat marina where you rent things. It's a nice view of the water but not necessarily of fireworks.

There is a lot of tropical foliage around this resort so some of the windows are "obstructed".

I think that you could request a window seat but I doubt they could guarantee it as it's always a very popular place to dine.

If you really wanted to see the fireworks from there I would suggest having an earlier dinner and after dinner to take a stroll on the beach where the view would be very very good.

also just outside the restaurant is a sitting area that I think would have a good view of fireworks if your table didn't provide that for you.

Hi.. great Review!

we are trying to decide between Ohana's and Kona for our trip in December.. it is 3 adults.. Some of the reviews I read said it was kind of noisy at Ohana's, but all say the food is wonderful! We are like you ' "poly-wannabee's"!!! and can't wait to eat there. Did the Luau last year and it was great.

I haven't called yet for PS.. hope it isn't too hard to get a Saturday night? How late do you think they take them? We don't mind eating a late dinner.

We aren't really concerned about the fireworks as we are going to see them on Sunday night at MVMCP..
Thanks for any input!

We LOVE Ohana. Leaving on Friday and going there on Saturday night. If you don't get seated by a window once the fireworks start they dim the lights and everyone walks over to the side where the windows are and watches. The kids program is too cool. My son loves those rolling coconuts and getting gummy worms at the end. It is one of the highlights of his trip. Also because he is such a picky eater it is nice that we can order for him from the kid's menu. If you haven't been there before - THIS IS A MUST!!! Can't say enough great things about it!:earsgirl:

Enjoyed this review as well as all your others.

We're old time Polynesian folk and have never tried 'Ohana for dinner. Maybe we'll have to give it a try one of these trips!:D

'Ohana (correct spelling-sorry, pet peeve)
is one of our favorite places for dinner. Never had it for breakfast but it is on our list of 'to do's'.

I think I have read all your meal reviews now. Sounds like you had quite a time eating around the world! You dined at some of our favorite places. Thanks for taking the time to post your thoughts!:wave:

I loved Ohana's. The only thing I didn't like or know was the shrimp have there legs still attached and you have to peel them. To much work if you ask me. But the food was wonderful and will comeback often. The Green Beand were fantastic as well.

Thanks again for another great review. I think you ate at most of the places we are trying for the first time on our upcoming trip. It is great to see new reviews for the places we are trying.

Originally posted by Josh's Mom
Also because he is such a picky eater it is nice that we can order for him from the kid's menu.

Josh's Mom,
What did the kid's menu consist of? Did you have to request it-or was it offered by the CM? Was it still the 'Ohana "fixed price" for your child?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter