9/16/2017 Magic Transatlantic from Barcelona

OMG, I can't even imagine. Trying to remain positive for you, at least you found out before you left home.

Our flight is at 11 pm tonight. We have car service picking us up at 7:30 pm and will hopefully be at the airport by 8:00 pm. Safe and trouble-free travels to all!

Thanks I'm so glad they did before I left although still no e-ticket for flight! Hope your flight went well

Sarah -- thank you so much for your good wishes. I do hope you have a safe trip and please be careful going down those stairs with that luggage. Don't they have an elevator? They should. Take care and safe travels!

I shall miss you all on this thread -- but will be virtual traveling with you over the ocean! Check back in here when you return so I know you all had a good time and are safe.

I will check back in definitely! And no elevator so have to move myself! Never mind I'm sure I can throw it down and hope for the best

I weighed my suitcase last night... it's just about at the weight limit. I need to add a couple more things too...
Will maybe try to shift some to my carry on.

Oh dear! Hopefully it will be fine

Yes! We made the 10.5-he flight with no problems (well, except we literally had a screaming baby seated next to my DH the entire way :scared1: and the dad would bump my DH every time he had to get up, which was every 15 minutes)! DH is annoyed I didn't splurge on the upgraded premium seats and told me never again will he do a long-haul flight in economy (and he's the tight wad)!

Now we have one last 6-hr layover and I admit I had a mini-breakdown and had a few tears when every place to eat was totally filled and people were pushing around you to grab tables. Gatwick has quickly become one of my least favorite airports--WAY too many people to handle on jet lag and no sleep!!

LOL Im weird I love flying economy TA! Gatwick is my least favourite airport! Its a nightmare. Hope you are feeling better.

Got a mani/pedi this afternoon and checked in for our flights! We leave tomorrow morning! One more sleep!

Oh lovely! My mani is tomorrow and flight on Friday! Can't wait! On complete count down already

Sitting at the airport gate now. All bags were under the max, and they did weigh our carryon bags as well. Glad I ordered the wheelchair because the walk to the gate was far, and the security line was long. Had to go through the full body scanner, but I did not need to remove my shoe or my boot.

Oh I'm so glad it worked out! And yes booking the chair sounds like it was a good option! I hate walking the airport and haven't damaged my foot so you would have been a mess I'm sure without it.

This is my "see you on the other side" post. This thread has been so much fun and I will check back in after the cruise.

Greetings from Barcelona!

Our flight on Norwegian landed on time and getting through passport control went quickly despite the long line. My husband is now spoiled by the comfort of premium seats.

We took a Barcelona/Montserrat tour through Barcelona Day Tours. We enjoyed it very much. There was an older couple sitting near us on the small bus who will also be on our cruise. It's their first Disney cruise. Keeping with the It's A Small World theme, two women who were on our flight, decked out in Disney-themed attire and carrying a DCL platinum canvas beach bag and a Disney Dooney & Bourke purse, were in Montserrat when we were there.

Speaking of Montserrat, I wish we had more time there. We took the funicular up to nearly the top and would have appreciated extra time to hike further up. It was amazing!

We were supposed to go to Monserrat today but we begged off because of the cloudy weather. We've loved walking/shopping/eating in the Gothic Quarter and have done most of the RICK Steves walking tours over the past 2 days--we are exhausted, LOL!

We had one slight snafu with our flight from London to BCN--because of the strike, our plane was nearly 2-hrs late so we had over an 8-hr layover in Gatwick; absolutely horrible! Then we get there and of course, one of our bags that we checked clear back in Oakland didn't show up. They figured it was still in London and would be shipped in on the next flight to BCN. Long-story short, after a full day of worry, the bag was sitting in our room after a very full day of sightseeing!!

Tomorrow, Parc Güell and Sagrada Familia, with fingers crossed for NO RAIN!!

Greetings from Barcelona!

Our flight on Norwegian landed on time and getting through passport control went quickly despite the long line. My husband is now spoiled by the comfort of premium seats.

We took a Barcelona/Montserrat tour through Barcelona Day Tours. We enjoyed it very much. There was an older couple sitting near us on the small bus who will also be on our cruise. It's their first Disney cruise. Keeping with the It's A Small World theme, two women who were on our flight, decked out in Disney-themed attire and carrying a DCL platinum canvas beach bag and a Disney Dooney & Bourke purse, were in Montserrat when we were there.

Speaking of Montserrat, I wish we had more time there. We took the funicular up to nearly the top and would have appreciated extra time to hike further up. It was amazing!

We loved Montserrat and had a great time there. It was pouring when we got off the ship and cloudy on the way up -- but it made for a nice spooky atmosphere. The clouds broke later and we had spectacular views.

Have fun all.

Live from the Disney Magic! I am currently running laundry and took the wash cycle time to deliver my postcards. @dencord's stateroom says 6650, but there is a fish extender for Nate & Jenny attached to that stateroom. Anyone have a different cabin for them?

Live from the Disney Magic! I am currently running laundry and took the wash cycle time to deliver my postcards. @dencord's stateroom says 6650, but there is a fish extender for Nate & Jenny attached to that stateroom. Anyone have a different cabin for them?

Unless they got upgraded at the port or just before sailing, that's the only stateroom I have for them.

Dear cruisers,
We apologize for not writing you before but we were in shock!

When me and my family arrived to embark, Disney told us that we needed a Canadian visa even to be on board.
Neither our travel agent or Disney were clear at this point. Our TA told us that we did not need it if we stayed onboard, and Disney never sent us the traditional booklet were it was explained. It was the sadness moment in my life... stay in the port and see our magic dream go away!

Besides the sad and angry moment, we also have your FE gifts (see picture) prepared by my kids! We also feel bad because you have prepared gifts for us...

Sorry for that, but we never expected to live this moment.

Have nice cruise and enjoy it!!!

IMG_9429.JPG

Dear cruisers,

When me and my family arrived to embark, Disney told us that we needed a Canadian visa even to be on board.
Neither our travel agent or Disney were clear at this point. Our TA told us that we did not need it if we stayed onboard, and Disney never sent us the traditional booklet were it was explained. It was the sadness moment in my life... stay in the port and see our magic dream go away!

Besides the sad and angry moment, we also have your FE gifts (see picture) prepared by my kids! We also feel bad because you have prepared gifts for us...

View attachment 270557

I don't know what to say -- in all my years I've never heard of this happening to anyone -- much less after flying so far. Will you get a refund of your monies? I am so terribly sorry that this happened to you and your family because of so much miscommunication. I hope that it gets resolved money-wise and you and your family were able to make a mini-vacation in Barcelona!

Unless they got upgraded at the port or just before sailing, that's the only stateroom I have for them.

Okay, I am not going crazy. Someone who is participating in the FE group for this cruise posted on the other thread, and their names are Nate and Jen and are in SR6650.

@dencord7, if you see this, please let us know your correct stateroom number.

Dear cruisers,

View attachment 270557

I am so sorry this happened to your family. I hope you were able to make the best out of a disappointing and frustrating situation.

As we were getting ready to depart Ponta Delgada, Captain Marco announced that our Newfoundland port was canceled due to impending hurricane weather. Instead, we are arriving a day early in NY and spending the night on the ship. They will allow passengers off the ship to explore NY. I don't know if they are working on any excursions, but I wonder how this affects not having to pay the VAT in the onboard shops.

As we were getting ready to depart Ponta Delgada, Captain Marco announced that our Newfoundland port was canceled due to impending hurricane weather. Instead, we are arriving a day early in NY and spending the night on the ship. They will allow passengers off the ship to explore NY. I don't know if they are working on any excursions, but I wonder how this affects not having to pay the VAT in the onboard shops.

UGH, our cruise leaves Saturday for St. John's and Halifax and Boston. I have a feeling we're in for some rain.

It shouldn't affect the VAT-free purchases onboard. The ship has left the EU and will end the sailing in the U.S.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter