8th - 15th October 2005 Why the exclusion ?

Fred20

Earning My Ears
Just wondering if anyone is in the same boat as me on this .

It's my understanding that the new AP window is for the period 8th October - 19th December and to qualify for the Best Rate Package you must book 120 days out . This deal was released on the 17th June 2005 and therefore 120 days added on makes 15th October . Therefore even if you had elected to take Disney up on this deal the earliest effective date for a booking would be 15th October 2005

I currently have a 4 night stay at Yacht Club booked for our wedding (10th - 14th October 2005 ) followed by a 2 night stay at AKL (14-15th October ) . If Disney is to offer a two tier system AP rate system based on Passholder Best Rate clients getting the deeper discounted then they have effectively excluded me and anyone else booked for these dates from entering into this program and thereby making the greater savings

Obviously with it being our wedding I am reluctant to cancel and stay offsite but it seems a little strange to me that Disney would announce a deal commencing on the 8th October but then exclude people from signing up to the deal becasuse they hadn't done the math , and it's left me feeling a little disappointed that I may miss on on a deeper discounted when I would be quite happy to enter into the scheme

Your thoughts would be appreciated , is it just an oversight or does Disney already have significant bookings for this period and therefore not need to discount at a greater level

Fred

Why couldn't they have included one more week in the dining plan??? That would have made my life so simple . . .

I have been reading these boards for over a year to get used to the swing of things - since that time they have changed ticketing, discounts, dining and now APs!

Just when you think you have a handle on it, poof - it's changed!

I would be happy with ANY discount. Free dining would be awesome, an AP rate would be awesome, etc etc. Maybe we should email Disney directly with our concerns. I wonder if this is cause for a group class action lawsuit..LOL.. how do you offer a discount and render it unattainable?

Just a guess, but perhaps they originally intended to launch the Best Rates program a week or two earlier than they did but then ran into some problems that caused a week's delay in going live with the web application. Based on what I can see, even now that it's live, the web application is still a work in progress.

I've sent an email through to Disney explaining the situation re the unavailabilty of certain dates - I guess it's a case of wait and see . If I get a response I'll post it

I'm still hopeful that there will be some discounting on these dates through the "old" AP system - especially as there is no way that anyone could pick up the discounts through the "Best Rates" program

I am in the same boat. We are going from Oct. 8-15 and no AP rates yet. They really didn't do their math. I guess it is a wait and see thing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter