$80 scrapbooks...

hopemax

Note to Self:
So before I left on my cruise, we were all chatting about the sillyness of MS's 18 x 18 $80 and can't use coupons scrapbook.

Well, about halfway through the trip, I decided maybe it wasn't a crazy idea after all! I planned on taking pictues of the menus so I could remember what we had for dinner each night (I took photos of the food too), but our server thought it would just be easier for me to keep my menus! So I ended up with a full set of menus, dinner and dessert for 14 days! The menus are 14 " tall, so I was starting to fret about what to do with them, and if I would have to think about purchasing the MS book.

However, in a shop in Gibraltar I found a beautiful handmade scrapbook. The cover is made from wood fibers, and has a deep embossing of a mother and child elephant. It was 16" tall x 13" wide, so perfect for my menus. Problem was it cost 45£ (about $90). After not finding much that I wanted to purchase, I decided to spend the money on the book.

Of course now I have to see if Costco still sells the pack of handmade papers, because regular scrapping papers wouldn't look right.

Welcome home!!! (even though you are going through post-cruise depression)

As for spending $90 on a scrapbook that sounds like a wonderful souvenir, I wouldn't blink at that, and would do the same in a heartbeat. Not only is is considered vaca monies, and so in my budget, it sounds fab!!

Can't wait to read the trip report! Please post the link for us as you get it posted!!!

To put it into perspective for you, over here I have to pay £32 for the white window CM coverset, so for a handmade album which no-one at home has, BARGAIN :goodvibes

I've never been to Gibraltar - if I'm going to buy £45 albums DH would probably rather I never did :lmao:

Yes, but you ended up with a wonderful souvenier, not a mass produced, sold all over the place, how can that woman be so freakily organized, does she really need any of my money, scrapbook by Martha.

It sounds perfect and what a nice souvenir.

I was at Costco the other day and they were still selling the handmade paper.

I'm sure your scrapbook is beautiful and what an incredible souvenir. I too ended up with all the menus from DCL's Panama Canal crossing cruise in May 2005 and I put all my menus in a Creative Memories 12X15 Big book album. I make corners for the menus so they could be removed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter