8/8/16 Alaska is a WONDERful first cruise! (Completed!)

Geomom

DIS Veteran
Disney Wonder to Alaska: 8/8/16-8/15/16 Trip Report:

Background:

We are a family of 4 from Massachusetts: DH (turned 49 on 8/4), me (45…until 8/24), DD 16, DD 12. We LOVE the Mouse! We are Disney Vacation Club Members (DVC) since 2008 and have been going to Disney World in Florida 1-3 times per year, using our Disney timeshare. We get DVC Annual passes every 2 years, squeezing 3-4 trips out of them by going during April vacation, then a fall trip (Columbus Day weekend or Thanksgiving), and then February vacation. Every time we hit that February one we have a 14 month lag before the next trip—so every 2 years since 2012 (when our youngest was 8), we’ve been taking 2 week trips to National Parks out west. 2012 was Colorado, South Dakota, and Wyoming. 2014 was Utah, Arizona, and New Mexico. We’ve hit all the National Parks I really wanted to take the kids to. So here we are looking at 2016 coming up, likely our last big family trip with both kids as DD16 will be graduating in 2018 and heading off to college…when I discover that Disney Cruise line goes to Alaska. DH and I have always said we’d only do a cruise if it went to Alaska…and a cruise with Disney? Yes! It took a while to get DH on board with this idea—and lots of Disney Cruise Line advance research on my part as DH feared he’d be bored on the sea days. When DH said ‘book it’, I really didn’t believe him. So…having done enough research on the DISboards, I had already gone onto the DCL website, decided the cheapest category we’d be willing to do, picked our room based on the availability—and then promptly contacted Dreams Unlimited and booked the room I’d chosen (Category 9C, deck 2 Ocean View, room 2116) through them to get the $300 in onboard credits, and used our Disney Visa (for all payments) to get our $50 in Beverage credits. (Another perk of booking through Dreams Unlimited was the great gift basket they sent us before the cruise!) I booked on March 28, 2015. August 8, 2016 was soooo far away. Sooo much time to plan and research even more…to the point that I totally annoyed DH. We all applied for our first passports in March (after my oldest turned 16), and had all of our passports in hand by late April. I had ‘issues’ with Air Canada…flights and sizes of planes kept changing, messing up my carefully chosen seat selections (that I paid for)…thankfully the last change was in April. But, finally, the day to leave arrived!

Friday 8/5/16, Travel Day--Boston to Vancouver (via Toronto):

We have 10 bags! 3 checked luggage , 3 carry-on size luggage, and 4 backpacks. We left home at 7:30AM, Dad driving us into the airport in Boston. (I have not flown out of Boston in 17 years—we usually use a smaller and closer regional airport that has non-stop Southwest flights to Orlando.) As it was a weekday and Boston traffic is horrendous, we left earlier than we needed to…yeah, we got in by 8:30AM. We drop our checked bags off at the Air Canada desk, then go over to security. I’ve never seen such a thing in my life…it’s only a security line for Air Canada flights—so, no line. We’re through in seconds…and into an area with only 3 gates. The only thing passing for food here is a mini coffee stand with some premade food and some refrigerators full of soda and bottled water to purchase. The women’s bathroom only has 2 stalls—to tell you just how small an area we are in. We’re in here by 9-9:15AM…and our flight is at 12:15PM. We get through that time, and board our 1hr. 50 min. flight to Toronto. On the flight, they came by with the drink cart and free pretzels. In Toronto, we have to go through Customs, and another security line before getting into the area with the Canadian flights. We did NOT have to pick up luggage—it was checked straight through to Vancouver. It might have taken an hour to get through all the stuff in Toronto (an hour with no bathrooms in sight). Once we were through, we found our gate area, and then got dinner at a Noodle place. This was all new to DD12 and she LOVED her noodle bowl! DD16 got vegetarian sushi. DH got sushi. I can’t remember what I got, but it was yummy!
copy DSCN0012 - Copy.JPG
After dinner, we sit at some chairs near our gate for a bit, then I get up and look at the departure boards--our gate has changed. As we initially had 4 hrs. between our flights, we took our time going to the new gate area—where there are actually shops to look through. DH bought the kids their first Kinder eggs there—which the kids loved, especially these 'Palace Pets' themed ones.

copyDSCN4958 - Copy.JPG

Eventually it’s time to board our 6PM flight to Vancouver. The flight is about 5 hrs. long, but with the 3 hr. time difference, we land at 8PM Vancouver time. We get our luggage, get a taxi. (Yes, the taxi driver was just as crazy as everyone has said—zipping around other cars, and despite the fact they’re supposed to take credit cards, they prefer cash—so we pay him in some Canadian cash I’d picked up before we left, $35 CAD fare plus a tip.) By the time we get to the hotel, I’m at my limit as it’s now about midnight to my body…and yeah, I didn’t sleep well last night. Our hotel—Westin Bayshore. We got the ‘pay your birth year’ deal. First night is rack rate, next 2 nights you pay the last 2 digits of your birth year. With the exchange rate, our hotel came to $191 USD/night with tax! We have a gorgeous view from our room—straight on harbor view. I had actually packed smart—one of the carry on baggage had our pajamas, and the first day Vancouver clothes in it, as well as toothbrushes and toothpaste in my liquid/paste/gel bag—so nice and quick getting ready for bed. We got to bed around 10PM local time. Goodnight Vancouver!

View from our room at Westin Bayshore:
copyDSCN0028 - Copy.JPG

View of Westin Bayshore from Stanley Park:
copyDSCN0152 - Copy.JPG

Saturday 8/6/16: Vancouver:

Staying up so late helped reset our bodies to the right time zone. I woke up early enough to see a cruise ship coming into Vancouver, which got my hopes up for possibly seeing the Wonder in 2 days if I timed it right. While the hotel room had coffee, it was enough to make 2 cups, so DH got up around 6:30-7AM and went down to the Starbucks in the lobby to get breakfast: pastries, the kids’ drinks, and more coffee for us. I unpack our ‘Vancouver’ bags and don’t touch the ‘cruise’ ones. Today we’re exploring Stanley Park--and it is a gorgeous sunny day in the low 70's--feels so much better than what we left in Massachusetts (humid and low 90's). Our hotel is right along the seawall, so an easy walk there! We stop at an information booth to pick up a Stanley park map, then walk over to the Vancouver Aquarium. I had already purchased tickets online and printed them out—so no waiting to buy tix. The Aquarium was so much fun! We went to the Beluga Whale and Porpoise training session (everything they have the animals do is in order to take care of them, or behavior they would do in the wild—and it is all voluntary on the animal’s part). We looked at the other outdoor exhibits, had an early lunch at 11AM, did the 4D show, looked at the indoor exhibits, went to the Manta ray touch tank—which DD12 LOVED!
copyDSCN0040.JPG

copyDSCN0077.JPG

copyDSCN0081.JPG
We did a little shopping in the gift shop, then left to explore more of Stanley Park.

We made our way over to the Miniature Train, ($20/family of 4)—nice ride through the woods, with various objects placed there to look at on your ride.
copyDSCN0107.JPG
We stopped for ice cream next, then got back onto the seawall over by the water play area and started the walk back towards our hotel.

Lumberman's Arch:
copyDSCN0114.JPG

S.S. Empress of Japan:
copyDSCN0124.JPG

Girl in a Wetsuit:
copyDSCN0128.JPG

We got DD12 down onto a beach area at one point to touch the water so we can say she touched the ‘Pacific Ocean’—we live on the Atlantic and this is the farthest west she’s been. (DD16 went to San Diego with us when she was < 2 yrs.)

In the pic below, Lion's Gate Bridge is in the background, and a pic of the girls with a harbor seal in the background!
copyDSCN0130.JPG copyDSCN0138.JPG

At some point during the walk back DD12 started complaining that it was too much walking and she’s tired and hungry…and continued complaining until we were back at the hotel and we took her to the pool. We did stop to look at the Totem Poles along our walk, saw a cricket game being played nearby—which is something we’ve never seen in person.
copyDSCN0139.JPG

After walking more with both kids complaining now, we sat on a bench for a bit and gave the kids some snacks we had with us. We probably made it back to the hotel by 4:30PM or so. DD16 rested and watched the Olympics on TV while we took the big complainer to the pool—where she was now happy. (DH had his fitbit on, we walked 15,000 steps, 7 miles.) We were at the pool until 6PM or so, got dressed, and then went looking for food. Went to Cardero’s—45 minute wait…big surprise as it’s a Saturday night and 6:30PM. We wandered farther on the seawall towards downtown…but didn’t walk far enough to see any restaurants…so we ventured up to the street level…didn’t see much, started walking back towards the hotel. Anyway…we ended up at White Spot, 10 minute wait. It was food. I did enjoy my Crunchy Asian Noodle Salad, and DD12 enjoyed her teriyaki chicken rice bowl. I think DD16 got a chicken Caesar salad, and DH maybe Fish and Chips? After dinner, we walked back to the hotel, checked out the shop…bought more Kinder eggs there, and some other chocolates, then headed up to bed.

Your comment about Cardero's mirrors my own! 45 min wait, so we went to White Spot instead. :P

Sunday 8/7/16: Vancouver--part 1:

More Starbucks breakfast in the room—had DH get me a yogurt/granola cup. After breakfast we headed out along the seawall towards downtown. At the convention center was an Anime Festival—the cosplaying was a fun thing to see. We managed to find the Seabus Station, bought daypasses for all of us. We took the Seabus to Lonsdale Quay, then took a bus to Lynn Canyon State Park with the shorter FREE suspension bridge. The Disney Channel movie ‘Descendants’ was partially filmed here (the scenes with Mal and Ben on their date—going over a suspension bridge, and Ben diving into the water), and my girls LOVED that movie. DD16 isn’t fond of heights, but the Disney connection to this suspension bridge had her willing to do it. But first we had lunch—and managed to miss the rainshower! LOTS of people here, but we all made it over the suspension bridge, then walked to the 30 foot pool where we saw people diving into it.

Lynn Canyon State Park, suspension bridge
copyDSCN0171.JPG

copyDSCN5087.JPG

copyDSCN0195.JPG

copyDSCN0178.JPG

copyDSCN0181.JPG

30 foot pool
copyDSCN0189.JPG
We spent some time there, then walked back over the suspension bridge, went to the Ecology center and gift shop, caught a bus back to Lonsdale Quay.
copyDSCN0203.JPG

Explored Lonsdale Quay shops a bit, heard some live music…and bought even more Kinder eggs. And yes, we were eating ALL the chocolate before we boarded the Wonder.

View of Downtown Vancouver from Lonsdale Quay:
copyDSCN0199.JPG

Last edited:
Sunday 8/7/16: Vancouver--part 2

We took the Seabus back to Downtown Vancouver, then walked around looking for a place to eat. It was around 4:30PM, so we had no problem finding a place that early. We ate outside at The Cactus Club Café, and had a ‘show’ with our meal. The restaurant was right next to the Olympic Cauldron, and tons of the Anime Cosplayers were walking there to have their pictures taken. This was a highlight of the Vancouver part of our trip.
copyDSCN0215.JPG

copyDSCN0212.JPG

copyDSCN0213.JPG

copyDSCN5112.JPG

copyDSCN5104.JPG

For dinner at Cactus Club Café, we got a bunch of appetizers that we shared—Kobe Style Meatball Trio, Edamame, Szechuan Chicken Lettuce Wraps, Butternut Squash Ravioli, Crispy Yam Fries, and Truffle Fries. We also got dessert—Caramel Chocolate Mousse, Chocolate Peanut Butter Crunch Bar, White Chocolate Cheesecake, and Key Lime Pie. We were there during Happy Hour, so I got the Summer Smash, and then the Bellini for $2 off each. After dinner we walked back to the hotel, watching the seaplanes landing.
copyDSCN0228.JPG
That night we took DD12 to the indoor pool…or rather DH spent time with her in the pool and I spent the time in the hot tub watching them, and DD16, again sat in the room watching the Olympics on TV.

Monday 8/8/16: Vancouver and the Disney Wonder!--Part 1

I wake up around 6AM and run to the window…no ship yet. I go back to bed for 15 minutes, then check again—yeah, I can’t sleep any more—the day is finally here! Eventually the Disney Wonder shows up. (Maybe 6:30AM?) I snapped a bunch of pictures as she went by the hotel.
8-8DSCN0236.JPG

8-8DSCN0239.JPG

We have another Starbucks breakfast, and decide to pack a couple of the beverage holders to use on the ship. (Yes, they came in handy to carry 2 cocoas and 2 coffees back to the room.) Checkout is at Noon, our PAT is at Noon—so no rush to head out this morning. We pack up our bags, stick the Disney Wonder luggage tags on, and head down to the lobby around 11AM. We checkout (confirming that I got the deal I expected!), and ask about a Taxi—they’re always just outside the hotel—so we get into one, and we’re at the port by 11:15AM, cost is under $10 CAD. It was a VERY easy process to get checked in and to go through Customs and Security—people are telling you what to do and where to go, so there was no chance to get lost or confused. I’d say we were in the waiting area by 11:45AM. We had boarding group 14, and boarding hadn’t started yet.
8-8DSCN5137.JPG

We took pictures with Minnie, then just sat to wait while flipping through the paper Navigator for the day...and yes, we are one of 'those' families with matching shirts. We have 2 matching shirt designs. Eventually they start boarding people, the groups get called pretty quickly, I’d say we were on the ship by 12:30PM. We went straight to Parrot Cay for the buffet lunch, especially as our room is 1 deck below it. I order a drink of the day ‘Captain’s Mai Tai’. Yum! Lunch was good, but we got finished before 1:30PM and the rooms are still roped off. Oh well, so we started wandering around the ship. We went to the Disney Vacation Club (DVC) desk, showed our DVC member card, and picked up our 4 free red ‘DVC Member’ lanyards to use for our key cards. Such a great perk to get free lanyards on our first cruise! We walk into Studio Sea and take some pics, especially a pic with DD12's favorite show poster!
8-8DSCN5146.JPG
We stop by Oceaneer’s Lab to finish signing up DD12—at 12 she could go to the Oceaneer’s Club/Lab and Edge...and since it is her first cruise, who knew what she might prefer. One reason we signed her up was to get the MagicBand that unlocks the cruise ship on Disney Infinity 3.0. (So…other than signing her up, she made 1 trip to the Oceaneer’s club one day—she made it as far as the bathroom to wash her hands—saw how small everything was and decided she was way too BIG for that club and immediately left without walking into any of the Club or Lab rooms—so Edge was it for the trip.)

We did the 1:45PM walking ship tour, then we go to the room, drop off our day bags, bring the checked luggage into the room…where DH says, it’s smaller than I thought it would be…a lot smaller. The redeeming feature is the porthole, and the split bathrooms. We head off to our Muster Station for the 3PM drill. After the drill, we go up to the sail away party. DH gets the girls their first ice creams. The girls had a great time dancing to the sail away music! And then we were underway!
8-8DSCN0251.JPG

8-8DSCN5161.JPG
We did a quick tour of Vibe to get DD16 her sticker, then we went down to deck 4 to be outside when we went under the Lion’s Gate Bridge.
8-8DSCN0271.JPG

8-8DSCN0264.JPG

8-8DSCN0262.JPG
Next we brought DD12 to Edge on deck 2 to get her sticker, and she decided to just hang out there. Edge is in midship of deck 2, and our room, 2116 is aft. I told her we’d come get her at 5:25PM to get her ready for dinner at 5:45PM. DH, DD16 and I went back to the room to unpack. Um…so bad mom here, didn’t come get DD12 at 5:25PM as I was still unpacking and trying to get everything off the bed before the stateroom host (Edrian from the Phillipines) came in during dinner. DD12 found her OWN way back to the room, using the map on the DCL Navigator’s app on her phone. She also knew we were right outside the Aft Elevator area…she just couldn’t figure out how to actually get the door to open—unlocked it, but couldn’t push the handle down enough to open the door. Luckily we heard a noise at the door, looked out the peephole and saw her.

Continued in part 2:

Last edited:
Monday 8/8/16: Vancouver and the Disney Wonder!--Part 2

Our dining rotation was PTAPTAP, so first night is Parrot Cay. We went up the 1 flight of stairs, and were seated. Our servers for the week were Head Server: Rakesh (from Trinidad and Tobago), Server: Hernan (from Chile), and Assistant Server: Olena (from Ukraine.) We enjoyed all of them. Some nights Hernan did magic tricks for the kids and Olena made origami for the kids. There were 2 nights that our servers seemed REALLY busy and they didn’t come by our table as often, but DH and I had no issues with that, other than feeling bad for them.
8-8DSCN0282.JPG

8-8DSCN0284.JPG

Anyway…by the time we were seated in Parrot Cay, DD16 and I are feeling a bit queasy from the motion of the ship (bending over and moving all around the cabin to unpack didn’t help any!) We can all feel our seats vibrating from Parrot Cay’s location in the very aft of the ship. The kids both ordered off the kids’ menu tonight.

I had ginger ale tonight to settle my stomach, the Island Salad, Pork Cordon Bleu, and the Sticky Date Pudding for dessert.
8-8DSCN0276.JPG

8-8DSCN0280.JPG

8-8DSCN0288.JPG

DH had the Ahi Tuna Stack, the Creole Crusted Grouper, and something chocolatey for dessert…I forgot to take a pic of the menu, I’m guessing it’s one of the regional inspirations as it doesn’t look like something from the old menu.
8-8DSCN0278.JPG

8-8DSCN0279.JPG

8-8DSCN0285.JPG

The kids both got Mickey Bars for dessert—a great first night dessert! After dinner, we go back to our room to finish unpacking, then went to the ‘All Aboard: Let the Magic Begin’ show. We had a little time before the show to check out the shops—which were very busy as it is the ‘between show’ time. DD16 noted that there was a line to get into the theater, and we should join it. The show was a nice preview of the shows to come, we enjoyed the ventriloquist Michael Harrison…but we did feel bad for the kid who got picked—although the kid’s reactions just made it sooo much funnier. After the show, the kids were too tired to go to their clubs for the first night activities. I think we went looking for a snack for them, and ended up just getting them more ice cream. DH's big complaint was not the right type of food available from quick service when he wanted it--we wanted something sweet after the show--on deck 9 Cove Café has cheese/meat/olives, then there is pizza, and then ice cream.

When we get back to the room, we've had our turndown service with 'Sleepy' chocolates and our first towel animal (Lobster)!
8-8DSCN0290.JPG

8/9/16: Day at Sea--part 1

DD16 is definitely feeling seasick this morning. She started wearing seabands within the first hour of the ship moving…but they’re either not in the right place, or not working for her. And…we have our character breakfast planned for 8AM (free tickets we had booked in advance). The rest of us feel fine now—DH and I can feel the ship moving, but no queasiness. DD12 only felt big movements for the whole trip. We go to the breakfast anyway, in Animator's Palate. Felipe from Peru is our server that morning. He’s great with DD16—gets her green apples and ginger ale, in addition to the tea and toast she ordered. She also gets a croissant and picks at that and the toast a bit. She does perk up every time a character comes by, but she’s not happy this morning. (We were SO happy that we aren’t paying extra for the character breakfast, as she’s really not eating anything.) Felipe makes hats for everyone. I have no idea what anyone ordered this morning and I know I was focused on DD16. I did love that they bring trays of pastries around to all the tables at all the sit down breakfasts—I got my chocolate croissant, so I’m happy. It was great seeing the characters in their sailor outfits.
8-9DSCN5217.JPG

8-9DSCN5218.JPG

8-9DSCN5219.JPG

8-9DSCN5220.JPG

8-9DSCN5223.JPG

8-9DSCN5221.JPG

8-9DSCN5224.JPG

8-9DSCN5226.JPG
I had no issue with how quickly they came by—it’s really no different from the character breakfasts at Disney that we’ve paid for. Felipe told us to take the green apple bowl with us, so we went down to our stateroom and put it in the beverage cooler. I had brought the Dramamine Naturals—pure ginger in a capsule. As DD16 has yet to successfully swallow a pill, and these are giant, and they say you can just open them up and add to food/water, we open one up, add it to a little water and try to get her to drink it—way too strong, so we add it to a full bottle of water, and she sips it over the next couple of hours—and starts to feel better. We go up to the 9AM Disney Vacation Club (DVC) Member Celebration in Studio Sea. DH and I fill out the raffle forms—I end up winning a Disneyland 60th anniversary pen. (It’s not the $200 in onboard credit, but it is ‘something’. ) At the celebration, they hand out free sparkling cider with a cherry in it, mimosas, champagne, and Evian water bottles. I have both a mimosa and a glass of champagne. We grab water bottles for all of us and end up taking them back to the room later to use for our excursions! Before the event starts, Belle (in her blue village dress) is waiting for someone to come up and take pictures with her –so DH went up with the girls and took their pics.
8-9DSCN5228.JPG
The moment the event starts, Belle leaves. There were very few kids at our celebration…I didn’t see anyone else go up to her…maybe before we got there? A DCL entertainment staff runs the game portion of the event—Jamesy from the UK—and he is a hoot! He used to be on the Dream. He said Hawaii was on his bucket list, so he transferred to the Wonder…which then stopped going to Hawaii…so here he is going to ALASKA instead. There are also a man and woman running the DVC portion. The man is the voice of the monorail. They divide us into teams and we play some games. At the end they toss some 1gig flashdrives to the crowd—we manage to get one! The last half hour is the ‘advertisement’ portion of the event, where they try to get you to buy more points, but it is a ‘soft sell’. At the end we all get 25th anniversary pins.

8/9/16: Day at Sea--part 2

After the event ends, we do Anna’s Chocolate chase scavenger hunt and then say ‘now what.’ (Which is what DH feared about sea days.) I think having DD16 feeling seasick, and it being our first full day on any cruise, had us off our game. The kids had no interest in what the clubs held at that time, and they wanted to meet Stitch at Noon, and the 2 movies being shown would conflict with that. So we wandered around a bit, took pics outside.
8-9DSCN0313.JPG
8-9DSCN0337.JPG
8-9DSCN0345.JPG

8-9DSCN0349.JPG

8-9DSCN0350.JPG
We went to the shops, asked about the Glitter and Go package for DD12, and made her an appt. for 3:40PM. We got a light lunch by the pools, visited Stitch at Noon.
8-9DSCN5234.JPG

DD12 went to her club, we go to the room. We immediately get a text from DD12 via the DCL Navigator’s App that there is nothing going on in the club and she’s bored. So I text her back asking if she wants to go to the pool. YES! So, I take her to the pool, and send DD16 and DH to the Animation: Mickey Mouse class in Animator’s Palate. They had a great time in the class led by Mia (Magic in Action as she calls herself.) They used to have free drawing classes at Hollywood Studios, so as I hoped, this was like that.
8-9DSCN5245.JPG
Meanwhile, DD12 and I went to the Goofy pool. I think there were 11-13 of us in the pool due to the cooler weather (and the lifeguards are in pants and jackets)—but the pool is nice and heated. The maximum capacity for the pool is 44?…I don’t know how you would fit another 31 people in the pool. I barely had any room to swim as it was. It was fun though. We watched part of Lady and the Tramp while in the pool, then I suggested we go into the hot tub, which only had a couple kids in it—who soon left after I started the bubbles up. Brilliant idea on my part—it overheated our bodies to the point that we weren’t cold when we got out. DD12 and I found a table, and I got us some pizza and lemonade. We went back to the room and met up with DH and DD16. We had DD12 take her shower now so she’d be all set before her appt. DD16 went off to Vibe to go to ‘The Northern Lights’ with Cathy Hurst. She had a great time, they drew their own versions of the aurora while listening to Cathy Hurst talk about the northern lights. I went to the ‘Blubber is Beautiful’ naturalist talk with Cynthia Gibson. I was really sleepy, so my eyes shut a few times in the dark theater, but I enjoyed what I did see/hear and learned a bit about the marine mammals. I think I then headed down to Health services to grab some of the free seasickness samples (chewable Meclizine) for DD16, and got an informational sheet about motion sickness. We had DD16 try half a tablet first to make sure she had no adverse effects, and she took the other half later when she needed a little more. (It worked well for her and she felt better after that. She only needed medicine when we had the open ocean on one side—she took a total of 3 pills over the entire week. The actual inside passage, from Endicott Arm through all the port days, she was fine without anything. ) We all met up in time to use our Frozen meet and greet tickets at 3:15PM.
8-9DSCN5246.JPG
Then we headed to the shops, and took DD12 to her Glitter and Go appointment in Mickey’s Mates. I’m so happy she was still young enough for it—she loved it, loves her lip gloss, and felt so special throughout it. Glitter and Go is for ages 3-12, cost $19.95--hair twist, Mickey clip, light makeup, face gem, lip gloss (to keep), and lots and lots of glitter. Great price for what is included! Here is her 'fairy godmother in training' putting on the lipgloss:
8-9DSCN0375.JPG

Last edited:
8/9/16: Day at Sea--part 3

We went back to the room to get ready for formal night. I loved our rotation as we had Triton’s for both formal and semi-formal night.

8-9DSCN5284.JPG
DD16 in full Ariel mode...you can't see it from this pic, but there is a mosaic of Ariel on the wall behind her.
8-9DSCN0397.JPG
Dinner:
I had the Imperial Illusion to drink,
8-9DSCN0386.JPG
the French Onion Soup,
8-9DSCN0388.JPG
Crispy Roasted Duck Breast
8-9DSCN0391.JPG
DH had the Princess Delight to drink
8-9DSCN0387.JPG
Escargot,
8-9DSCN0389.JPG
Oven baked Alaskan Salmon Royale
8-9DSCN0392.JPG
DD16 had a salad, the Mini Potato Dumplings.
8-9DSCN0390.JPG

8/9/16: Day at Sea--part 4

Dessert:
I had the oh so yummy Grand Marnier Souffle!
8-9DSCN0396.JPG
DH had the Summer Berry pudding.
8-9DSCN0394.JPG
DD16 had the Tahitian Vanilla Crème Brulee.
8-9DSCN0395.JPG
DD12 got the Sweet Temptations dessert off the adult menu—which is what she got almost every night!
8-9DSCN0393.JPG
After dinner, I grabbed a free Cosmopolitan from the Captain’s Welcome Reception, and we got into line to meet with Formal Mickey.
8-9DSCN5291.JPG
I grabbed another free drink before we head into the Golden Mickeys. We enjoyed this show. I loved the Tarzan bit—and I’m amazed by what the performers are able to do on a moving ship. After the show, DD16 and I go outside to take pictures of the sunset (our latest sunset of 9:25PM—and there was actually SUN right now!)
(Deck 4 promenade--forward)
8-9DSCN0406.JPG

8-9DSCN0401.JPG
8-9DSCN0413.JPG

8-9DSCN0415.JPG
DD12 and DH go to the Golden Mickeys After Party. DD12 has a great time dancing the night away!

Towel Animal for tonight--Frog! And a reminder to turn the clocks back 1 hour when we go to bed--tomorrow we're in Alaska!
8-9DSCN5319.JPG

Thanks for reading everyone! I should have a new installment up Monday/Tuesday, I'm busy over the weekend.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter