7 NIGHTS RPR.....TINSEL AND SUNSCREEN TRIP REPORT 2017

Once again, another great trip report! I always enjoy reading your reports. And your photos are stunning. It's always good when we get to spend time with our grown "babies".

Thanks so much.......:)

I appreciate the compliments........and so glad to read you enjoy them........

Yes, we are very fortunate with our son......he is fabulous company, and so funny.......I do claim he gets that from me, but others may disagree of course......lol.....but yes, I know what you mean........:hug:

I'm new around here but just had to say I've really enjoyed your trip report. Hope to go back and read you previous one(s). We're in the midst of planning our first trip to UO for March - staying at RPR from the 9th to the 13th (then Portofino on the 15th after two nights on the gulf coast visiting family). It's nice to know that the rooms are a comfortable size for 3. We'll be travelling with our son who is 12. I so hope he continues to enjoy travelling with us as he gets older like your son. Wyatt (my son) is so enjoyable to travel with now and at such a fun age and I am looking forward to the adventures we are going to have. He's been to UO for a day and a half previously with his aunt and uncle and LOVED the rides so we are looking forward to experiencing that with him (and hoping I can get past my fear and enjoy some of the rides too!).

New or not, Welcome and thanks for reading my little musings..........and even better to read you enjoyed it, I thank you for that.....

Oh your son is at a fabulous age to be travelling with......sounds like you will all have a blast on your trip, especially as he already knows and loves the rides......oh you have to try some of the scarier rides ::yes::.......they are amazing!! I chickened out the first year we ever went.....and regretted it for a whole year......following year our first day we marched towards The Hulk and I got on, thankfully no queue. I was terrified just before it set off.........but, didn't look back.......went straight back on time after time......now I go on everything........

We`re at RPR from March 14th for 10 nights......can`t wait!!!! And hope you have a fabulous trip there and enjoy everything about it........:wave2:

Another awesome trip report, Carole! I enjoyed every minute of it and looking forward to hearing all about your March trip. Thanks for taking the time to share. All the great pics are getting me jazzed for our upcoming trip! Take care and all the best to you, Tom and Kyle.

Another awesome trip report, Carole! I enjoyed every minute of it and looking forward to hearing all about your March trip. Thanks for taking the time to share. All the great pics are getting me jazzed for our upcoming trip! Take care and all the best to you, Tom and Kyle.

Thank you so much cocofifi..........I so appreciate you taking the time to tell me.........I`m so glad you enjoyed it!!

Yep March trip coming up......can`t quite believe we have 5 trips to the States booked this year...looking forward to them all so much......

And best wishes to you too, Hope you also have a fabulous trip.......you go soon????

Again, thank you for the lovely comments.......:wave2:

Last edited:

New or not, Welcome and thanks for reading my little musings..........and even better to read you enjoyed it, I thank you for that.....

Oh your son is at a fabulous age to be travelling with......sounds like you will all have a blast on your trip, especially as he already knows and loves the rides......oh you have to try some of the scarier rides ::yes::.......they are amazing!! I chickened out the first year we ever went.....and regretted it for a whole year......following year our first day we marched towards The Hulk and I got on, thankfully no queue. I was terrified just before it set off.........but, didn't look back.......went straight back on time after time......now I go on everything........

We`re at RPR from March 14th for 10 nights......can`t wait!!!! And hope you have a fabulous trip there and enjoy everything about it........:wave2:

I've been psyching myself up that I am going to do at least some of the rides I deem scary - figure I have 40ish days to convince myself I can : ). Decided Dr Doom is a definite and we'll see about the two roller coasters - I have some issues with motion sickness but that is mainly with motion simulators and anything that spins. But going to does myself with Gravol and give it a try. These are things I've always wanted to do but for various reasons have not been possible before so decided it's time to take some risks and do some things that scare me.

With the decision to buy annual passes, my DS and I are conspiring to make another trip before the year is up. This is our ideal type of vacation - some rides, some shopping, some pool/waterpark time, nice hotel etc, so I can't imagine it will be a tough sell to DH.

I guess we just miss crossing paths at RPR. If for some reason, I see you while we are back on the 15th and 16th, I will likely introduce myself. I am still checking for a Club Level room at RPR or PBH for the night of the 15th for my birthday but not holding much hope of getting one at this point. But I also guess you never know, so will continue to check.

(PS, read through your Sept trip report and really enjoyed it too).

I've been psyching myself up that I am going to do at least some of the rides I deem scary - figure I have 40ish days to convince myself I can : ). Decided Dr Doom is a definite and we'll see about the two roller coasters - I have some issues with motion sickness but that is mainly with motion simulators and anything that spins. But going to does myself with Gravol and give it a try. These are things I've always wanted to do but for various reasons have not been possible before so decided it's time to take some risks and do some things that scare me.

With the decision to buy annual passes, my DS and I are conspiring to make another trip before the year is up. This is our ideal type of vacation - some rides, some shopping, some pool/waterpark time, nice hotel etc, so I can't imagine it will be a tough sell to DH.

I guess we just miss crossing paths at RPR. If for some reason, I see you while we are back on the 15th and 16th, I will likely introduce myself. I am still checking for a Club Level room at RPR or PBH for the night of the 15th for my birthday but not holding much hope of getting one at this point. But I also guess you never know, so will continue to check.

(PS, read through your Sept trip report and really enjoyed it too).

Oh I feel your pain.......I have some motion sickness issues, but thankfully it’s only Simpson’s and Transformers I can’t do..........fine with coasters and most simulators.......but those knock me silly! So hopefully you’ll be able to do most things you want to.........the rides are amazing........and definitely squeeze in another trip if you can.......

Oh if you see us please stop us and say hello.........would be lovely to be able to meet you, in real life.....we’ve been so lucky that way with folks we’ve met........

And Thank you........glad you enjoyed reading along.........:)

My daughter and I are going the 4/29 to 5/4. It will will be a super quick girl’s trip, but we will take whatever Universal time we can get!

Oh how lovely!!!

A girls trip sounds like so much fun! You’ll have a blast...........:D

Wonderful trip report again - I finally just caught up!!! Looks like you all had a wonderful time! I just love all of your pictures, paired with great storytelling - perfect :worship: I always hope that our son will want to keep traveling with us as he gets older! We've always done Disney - but did catch a couple of days last year at Universal (for our first HHN). I think your pics have swayed us to try staying at a Universal hotel this trip (just trying to decide which one now).

Anxiously awaiting your next trip - and trip report :cool1:

Wonderful trip report again - I finally just caught up!!! Looks like you all had a wonderful time! I just love all of your pictures, paired with great storytelling - perfect :worship: I always hope that our son will want to keep traveling with us as he gets older! We've always done Disney - but did catch a couple of days last year at Universal (for our first HHN). I think your pics have swayed us to try staying at a Universal hotel this trip (just trying to decide which one now).

Anxiously awaiting your next trip - and trip report :cool1:

Thanks Cyndi..........I am so pleased you enjoyed it, and thanks for posting you did......really nice to read.......

Oh I hope your son does too, it is a real blessing when they still want to spend time with you when they’re adults.......some of my friends get so annoyed their kids won’t go with them..........funnily enough my best friends daughter always wanted to come with us but wouldn’t go with her parents.......lol........

And how happy am I to read you’re planning to stay onsite! Honestly, I am biased but love RPR and Sapphire Falls.........both are gorgeous........closely followed by PBH.........

But you can’t go wrong really........they all have their bonus points........will look forward to hearing about your choice.......

And thank you again........glad you enjoyed it!

Another wonderful trip report,Carole! Always enjoy your take on things.Thank you and am looking forward to the next one!

:D

Thanks so much........very glad you enjoyed it......nice and short this one........

Hope you enjoy the next one too.........:wave2:

:thanks:again for the report especially the pics. This will be our first time at RPR with club level and I was worried about the offerings. After reading your report and seeing pics I know we will enjoy it very much. We started with club level at a different chain and it really was enjoyable, we saved time and money. Looking forward to trying this one.

Hope you have a great March trip and look forward to your report:goodvibes

We aren't fans of Fallon for a different reason. The lack of a proper line really causes my DS anxiety. He has Asperger's Syndrome and struggles when he isn't sure of what to do. He held it together last trip because he wanted to experience it but must have asked me a dozen times if we were waiting in the right place. Not worth it.

Hi I totally understand about something not being worth it. My DD (16) has Asperger's so I understand when something is out of sync for them. When you said how he kept asking if you were in the right place. It brought back DD asking me the same thing but only twice. She was good after that. I was glad because I really enjoyed the ride portion and don't like to do the rides myself. We have been fortunate as she has gotten older she has become more flexible with coming out of her comfort zone. She is starting to try different things but if she has a bad experience it is done and not happening again.

We went this July/August and are going in June this time. We are staying at RPR for the whole Uni part for the first time and she is excited to try something new. However, this was one area I described in my trip report she was having trouble being flexible with. I really think it was anxiety driven though. https://www.disboards.com/threads/summer-trip-report-finally-yay.3642765/ If you look at my first page of this trip report we had a situation with her Asperger's but it did work out. A side note: I did contact Lowes resorts and spoke with them on some suggestions to help with someone who might have special needs in this area. They responded back to me that they would look at it and see about implementing some ideas.

Have a good day!

:thanks:again for the report especially the pics. This will be our first time at RPR with club level and I was worried about the offerings. After reading your report and seeing pics I know we will enjoy it very much. We started with club level at a different chain and it really was enjoyable, we saved time and money. Looking forward to trying this one.

Hope you have a great March trip and look forward to your report:goodvibes

Thanks........

I’m sure you’ll love Club at RP! Staff are just the best too.

I read your TR over the past weekend and thoroughly enjoyed it. So many wonderful pics and it was great to see the parks all done up for Xmas. It’s helping build excitement for my Xmas trip.

You seem to have such a positive, happy family. Thank you for sharing your journey.

I read your TR over the past weekend and thoroughly enjoyed it. So many wonderful pics and it was great to see the parks all done up for Xmas. It’s helping build excitement for my Xmas trip.

You seem to have such a positive, happy family. Thank you for sharing your journey.

Thanks.......that`s so nice of you to say.....:hug:

I am so glad you enjoyed reading it........it was lovely seeing Christmas there, very different for us to see it. We had only ever travelled to Orlando from July to November, so we loved it......and cant wait for our Christmas trip this year again......especially as Kyle has already put vacation time in to come with us.....he has other plans in the summer so I`m glad he has his 6 weeks vacation time to use up or he wouldn't have been able to come.......and especially glad that as an adult he still wants to spend time with us........that's the best bit!!

When do you go in December? It seems forever away right now........

When do you go in December? It seems forever away right now........

I’m so pleased you get to vacation with Kyle again. I hope when my boy is older he is still keen to come on trips with his Mum and Dad. :goodvibes

We arrive in Orlando December 16th and fly onwards to Costa Rica on the 22nd.
In some ways it feels ages away, but in other ways it is too soon.
It will be the longest holiday we have ever been on (5 1/2 weeks) and despite saving hard for what feels like forever, I need that time to save a lot more.
Life is short. I know it will be so worth it. :hyper:

I’m looking forward to reading some of your other TRs.

I’m so pleased you get to vacation with Kyle again. I hope when my boy is older he is still keen to come on trips with his Mum and Dad. :goodvibes

We arrive in Orlando December 16th and fly onwards to Costa Rica on the 22nd.
In some ways it feels ages away, but in other ways it is too soon.
It will be the longest holiday we have ever been on (5 1/2 weeks) and despite saving hard for what feels like forever, I need that time to save a lot more.
Life is short. I know it will be so worth it. :hyper:

I’m looking forward to reading some of your other TRs.

Thanks, we love having the privilege of him still coming with us despite having his own life too......it’s so nice!

What a fantastic trip you have planned!! I’ve never been to Costa Rica, but it sounds beautiful!!! And yes, it’ll be so worth it.......5 1/2 weeks is a lovely time to be away........yes, you never know what’s round the corner. I’m a big believer in things are more than about money at times.......Family is everything and spending time together is priceless. And over Christmas too.......that’s special!

Yep, hopefully new trip report when I get back........I try not to drag them out too long.......and need to get it finished before we go back in May.........

Again, thanks for the lovely comments.......always appreciated.........

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!