7 NIGHTS RPR.....TINSEL AND SUNSCREEN TRIP REPORT 2017

Awesome trip report as usual!! So glad Kyle could be with you all this time, your family photos together were sweet. Thanks for taking us on the journey with you! :)

Thanks so much Donna.........I am so happy you enjoyed reading along!

And yes it was extra sweet that Kyle was with us after missing a few years........

Again, thanks for the lovely comments, always nice to read........:wave2:

How did I miss this TR?? Just caught up! Nice that Kyle could join ! My older DS (Kyle too!) isn't able to join us much for our vacations! Hard when they grow up - and my younger DS is probably not going to be able to join us much longer. Although... Is it bad to say that a part of me is actually looking forward to a couples only trip???

How did I miss this TR?? Just caught up! Nice that Kyle could join ! My older DS (Kyle too!) isn't able to join us much for our vacations! Hard when they grow up - and my younger DS is probably not going to be able to join us much longer. Although... Is it bad to say that a part of me is actually looking forward to a couples only trip???

Hey Patty.........oh I’m easy to miss tucked away on these boards......lol........

You have a Kyle too? I love that name..........

I know what you mean.......fist couple of times it was incredibly hard to go without him......I cried like a baby the first time we left for our overnight at the airport........Skype was a lifesaver though! But, on the flip side........we get to be a couple again......definitely not bad of you to say......it’s so true.......and vacationing as a couple has a lot of benefits too.........so, although we missed him terribly, achingly at times as we had never been away from him for so long, it was lovely just being the two of us for a change......but we did love him being with us in December, even if it was just for the week.......it was almost perfect........just the weather the last day was soooo cold!

So don’t feel guilty for when your younger one stops coming along and you have couples trips.......it really is a new adventure....and so much fun......::yes::

Thanks for reading along, glad you enjoyed it........next trip coming up in March........:wave2:

Just had to pop in to say that I had read this TR and enjoyed it so much I went and read your New York/RPR/HHN report!! Looking forward to catching up with your older ones as well :coffee: Thank you for taking the time to share your trips with us!

Just had to pop in to say that I had read this TR and enjoyed it so much I went and read your New York/RPR/HHN report!! Looking forward to catching up with your older ones as well :coffee: Thank you for taking the time to share your trips with us!

I`m so glad you enjoyed it, thank you for saying so..........

Some of the older trip reports don't have pictures anymore thanks to Photobucket and their awful treatment of folks.......haven't been able to get around to replacing them......so may keep them as they are......have plenty of trips coming up.......

But hope you like the ones you read too.........:)

I'm a late comer to this trip report. I haven't been around much since I finished up my report last summer. But we are planning another trip this year which put me in the mood to read some trip reports. I was very excited to see you had posted again because your reports always have the best pictures!

I'm a late comer to this trip report. I haven't been around much since I finished up my report last summer. But we are planning another trip this year which put me in the mood to read some trip reports. I was very excited to see you had posted again because your reports always have the best pictures!

Hey........:wave2:

So nice to see you post again.......

Thank you so much.......I`m so pleased to read you enjoy reading them!! But, fabulous to know you have another trip planned for your family......I`ll definitely look forward to reading about your trip again.....don't be a stranger........:thumbsup2

WHYYYY didn't I check sooner about this trip?!? I knew you were going! So, late to the party. BUT, I was a little down today (government shutdown business and such) and thought, "hmmmmm... wonder if Carole is around to pick me up?" :) I'm still behind (just saw the thing with the bread you were allergic to -- HOW RUDE!). Excited to keep reading!!! :) (FYI -- if it's too cold for you during this trip and you discuss it, I'll just let you know now that Davy and I went to Silver Dollar City right after Christmas and I rode a roller coaster in PITCH BLACK at 30 degrees!!! -- my eyes were watering and I was dizzy as heck! LOL -- so I may tease you if you complained....)

WHYYYY didn't I check sooner about this trip?!? I knew you were going! So, late to the party. BUT, I was a little down today (government shutdown business and such) and thought, "hmmmmm... wonder if Carole is around to pick me up?" :) I'm still behind (just saw the thing with the bread you were allergic to -- HOW RUDE!). Excited to keep reading!!! :) (FYI -- if it's too cold for you during this trip and you discuss it, I'll just let you know now that Davy and I went to Silver Dollar City right after Christmas and I rode a roller coaster in PITCH BLACK at 30 degrees!!! -- my eyes were watering and I was dizzy as heck! LOL -- so I may tease you if you complained....)

Alice!!!!! Where have you been..........:cool1: you’ve been missed! I was thinking of you a lot recently........wondered where you’d been.......hope you and your lovely son are doing ok........

Oh hope the government thing has been sorted out now.......not much on it on the news over here.......but hey......glad you’re back to read it........and you have a note so that’s ok to be late.......:P

Well, I only complain about the cold on the last day.....Day we were leaving so wasn’t bad at all........although it wasn’t warm enough for pool time or water rides for me........I’m a wimp! So, the cold you speak of at SDC.......uh uh.......not for me.........you were brave!!!

Yes, the bread thing was a blip......rest of the trip was fabulous! And we were over the moon to know Kyle is coming back with us next December too........he has other plans in September and the summer too, so December suited him fine.......he’s out his vacation time in already so he’s sorted.........love the fact he still wants to travel with us....even if it’s just for 10 nights..........::yes::

So, hope you enjoy it......it’s a very short trip for us but so much fun!!!

I'm still not completely caught up but hope to be soon! I must comment though, that Kyle is just getting more handsome. I'm so happy he came with you (I feel like I just know how you feel since we both have the one son!). So far, two of my favorite pics are of you and him -- one he's behind you by a cartoon bubble and then another he's behind (and it's TOUGH competing with pics of Tom's smile!!!). And, I think Kyle and I are related -- I love strawberry daiquiris -- even without alcohol -- and extra chocolate sauce is all me! :) Can't wait to keep reading! Here's some cold pics of us at Silver Dollar City (which is in Branson, Missouri if you've never heard of it). Notice what happened to the fountain behind Davy... :) davy branson fountain.jpg alice davy SDC.jpg

Also -- bummed -- just missing you in NYC. We're going late May/early June!

Oh you are the sweetest!!! yep, happy didn’t begin to describe how glad we were to have him with us.......they never stop being our babies........and you made Tom’s day again.......:hug: And he spotted your Star Wars reference in your picture.........doh......I never noticed!

Those are fabulous pictures of you and Davy.......but how cold is that!!! :eek: Jeez........nope, I’d be sitting in a warm hotel bar with a very alcoholic drink......but I’d be warm.........lol......but you look so happy in that picture, and how grown up is Davy getting...........

I had heard of SDC but had no clue where it was.........now I do!

Yep, Virgin strawberry daiquiris and anything chocolate and Kyle is happy.........:thumbsup2

I forgot you were going to NY this year too........although I’m trying to fit in another NY trip......but with my mum.....she was laughing when I said I’d need to work out when I could take her this year........I said maybe June......we get back from Orlando May 22nd, so I said gimme a week or so to get over jet lag and I’d be ready to be off again.......lol.....Tom just laughed. But this trip with mum and I would probably just be a Long Island Trip I think to visit family.......she thinks this may be her last trip as she’s 83, but........fit as a fiddle!!! But, my aunt who lives on LI does fancy a last visit home as she hasn’t visited Scotland in many years, apart from one of their brothers funeral......so until I know who’s visiting who I can’t make any plans.......I did say I would only leave a Tom and Kyle for a week this time though........last time I took her it was 16 nights we were away......too long, missed my guys incredibly!

Although I could be booked and sorted in less than 20 minutes.......lol........

they never stop being our babies...

LOL, JUST THIS MORNING, I said to Davy, "let me tell you something every mom says, 'you will ALWAYS be my baby!'" So true!

Yup, wearing the Star Wars hoodie! I met some other Star Wars fans in lines that way. One had lived near me and was also an attorney. Such a small world! Send Tom and Kyle over in 2020- when we're planning on doing our Star Wars trip! :)

Still plugging on the report! Almost caught up (which will probably make me sad!).

Hey, they’d go as well!!!

You know how much Tom loves SW.........I wish I did.........::yes::

I did like Star Trek Next Generation.......does that count???

YES.... I bet I've shown you this picture (sorry it's a picture of a picture) before.... View attachment 297759

Alice!!! You dark horse!!!

No......you haven’t shown me that one before.........officially jealous......he’s my favourite character from NG.......how fabulous!!

Was he as nice as he seems, I hope so...........I love his humour.......and his characters humour was the best!

Tom has nipped out to drop something off for a friend, will show him when he gets back..........he’ll love that picture......you look fabulous in it too.......looks a fancy do........

Alice!!! You dark horse!!!

No......you haven’t shown me that one before.........officially jealous......he’s my favourite character from NG.......how fabulous!!

Was he as nice as he seems, I hope so...........I love his humour.......and his characters humour was the best!

Tom has nipped out to drop something off for a friend, will show him when he gets back..........he’ll love that picture......you look fabulous in it too.......looks a fancy do........

Back in college, I produced a news program... and it won an Emmy! :) Brent Spiner was one of the presenters. I was a total fangirl. He was extremely nice and complimentary. He told me to send the picture in and he'd autograph it. I have the autographed one up at home all framed. :)

Awww that’s lovely! What a memento........

Tom is suitably impressed! Data was one of his favourites too.........and glad he is as nice as he seems!

Nothing like meeting your heroes only to discover they’re not as you imagined..........

Once again, another great trip report! I always enjoy reading your reports. And your photos are stunning. It's always good when we get to spend time with our grown "babies".

I'm new around here but just had to say I've really enjoyed your trip report. Hope to go back and read you previous one(s). We're in the midst of planning our first trip to UO for March - staying at RPR from the 9th to the 13th (then Portofino on the 15th after two nights on the gulf coast visiting family). It's nice to know that the rooms are a comfortable size for 3. We'll be travelling with our son who is 12. I so hope he continues to enjoy travelling with us as he gets older like your son. Wyatt (my son) is so enjoyable to travel with now and at such a fun age and I am looking forward to the adventures we are going to have. He's been to UO for a day and a half previously with his aunt and uncle and LOVED the rides so we are looking forward to experiencing that with him (and hoping I can get past my fear and enjoy some of the rides too!).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter