6AM flight and DME?

1) Your DME pick-up time is 3-3½ hrs prior to your flight time.
I thought pickup time was 2:45-3:15 before flight. Did Disney change that?
2) Off course, you can always request a time on the 22nd, but Disney does not like you to stay at non-Disney hotels.
Aren't you entitled to a trip to MCO no later than your checkout day? If they're checking out on the 22nd, why does Disney care?
3) I have personally seen such requests denied.
You saw a request for a ride to MCO on checkout day denied? For what reason? Sorry, I call BS. Assuming all other requirements are filled (staying at a Disney resort, request is the only one for a trip to MCO, and the request is happening on or before checkout day), Disney will allow it.

Day prior . . . when person wanted to airport hotel for a night-before-flight stay.
So (just throwing days out) "Joe Smith" was checked in at a Disney hotel from the 7th to the 14th. He asked for a ride to the airport on the 13th and was denied? Had he already "used" his trip to MCO?

Day prior . . . when person wanted to airport hotel for a night-before-flight stay.

If so that would be check out day, right? Doesn't make sense either way I don't think DME cares how you got to the airport or where you go after :)

Especially since - we have done this many; many times without issue, usually a CM at the resort makes the reservation for us if we haven't done it in advance.

Just find a flight that leaves 3 hours after you’d like to leave the Disney area and put that in as your flight. Voila, they will assign you a ME for the time you want to get to the airport hotel.

You’ll need to find a flight to match your preferred pickup time. It appears the last flight out of MCO is at 10PM, so the latest pickup time is likely 7PM. If you have dining reservations that conflict with that time, you likely need to make your own way to the Hyatt.

So here's the downside. Yes you can tell Disney "I need to be at MCO at midnight" thinking "I can stay at the park until 8 pm. But Disney says "we have a bus going at 7 that gets guest there by midnight, put him on that bus" While it's 24 hours a day it's not on demand and the last buses are timed to the last planes.

So (just throwing days out) "Joe Smith" was checked in at a Disney hotel from the 7th to the 14th. He asked for a ride to the airport on the 13th and was denied? Had he already "used" his trip to MCO?

Been there done that, had no problem. I routinely book my DVC for one extra day and fly out late at night, so my reservation would be for checkout on the 14th, but Disney took me to MCO at 5 PM on the 13th in your example.

Keep this in mind that I am going off how things worked with my trip back in 2010. We had a 7:05 AM flight and were staying at CBR. Bell Services came and picked us up at our room at 2:30 AM in one of there vans and drove us and all our luggage from the parking area of our village (Jamacia) to the customs building in order for us to catch ME. We ended up getting to the airport about 4 AM and were the last resort loaded onto the bus.

My plans for future trips are to make sure it does not involve a flight that early especially since we have a long flight. (8 hours with layover to get there turned into 11.5 hour trip on the way home thanks to weather and mechanical issues with our original flight from the layover airport to home. This could have been longer as when our flight took off we didn't know if we would be able to land due to weather or if we would have to land in another town 5 hours away and then make the drive home in a rental vehicle).

So here's the downside. Yes you can tell Disney "I need to be at MCO at midnight" thinking "I can stay at the park until 8 pm. But Disney says "we have a bus going at 7 that gets guest there by midnight, put him on that bus" While it's 24 hours a day it's not on demand and the last buses are timed to the last planes.

Posters who asked for a late DME bus to MCO wound up with a pickup too late for guests catching a flight. Evidently empty buses are sent to MCO to transport late arriving passengers. One of those buses was used to accomdate a guest who wanted a rude after park closing.

( [we're] checking out at 11:00 AM on the 22'nd. Can [we] request a time to take the DME to MCO on the 22nd?)
3) I have personally seen such requests denied.

Are you sure the CM did not goof? The guests are supposed to take Magical Express back to the airport on checkout day.

Note: The normal deadline for making the request, or any DME reservation at all back to the airport, is morning of the day before the day you will leave.

I'm looking at a return flight home at 7 am. I really don't want to get on DME at 4 am. Can you do Magical Express only on your arrival? Can you opt out of the return trip and just Uber?

I'm looking at a return flight home at 7 am. I really don't want to get on DME at 4 am. Can you do Magical Express only on your arrival? Can you opt out of the return trip and just Uber?

Sure. You're entitled to a round-trip ride, but you don't have to take both parts. Keep in mind, though, that MCO security lines are notoriously long, even early in the morning. Still leave yourself enough time.

Sure. You're entitled to a round-trip ride, but you don't have to take both parts. Keep in mind, though, that MCO security lines are notoriously long, even early in the morning. Still leave yourself enough time.

Good to know and thank you! It's been a while since I've been there. What time would you suggest at the latest? 5:30 for a 7:20 flight?

It seems like security is extra long now with people having to remove all electronics bigger than a phone, all food and, in some cases, books and magazines. I'd leave extra extra time.

you can call DME 866-599-0951 and let them know that you booked your Disney room so that you can have access to your room into the afternoon, however you're spending the last night at the airport hotel, prior to your early morning flight.

If you request DME, is there any penalty if you decide not to use it? Either on arrival or departure?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!