$600 in Disney Rewards.....

Sparky106

Earning My Ears
What would you do with them?! We've been saving and saving for or upcoming trip to WDW in May. It will be me, DH, DS(19) and DS best friend
(19). We are staying at POR for 8 days and have parkhopper tickets. Also have the DDP. A couple of days, we plan on visiting IOA/Universal.

With so many reward points, we don't know what to do! I'm going to order a photopass but other than that, I don't know. We are open to suggestions!

This is our 3rd trip in 4 years and we've never done anything special...visit parks, a few dinner ressies-basically, the normal.

This will probably be our last "family" trip since DS is older. His friend has never been to WDW or IOA/Universal, so anything we do will be new to him.

Thanks for your help!

Melissa

I like to collect art cells and recently have been bringing one home from every trip. Framed they easily could use of $200 to $300 (and WAY WAY UP if you want) from Disney...

Shirts are also nice and can add up really quick, especially for 3 or 4 people!

Spa at GF for you, a speciality cruise at Epcot, great dinner reservations.

Have a great time - it will be a nice trip with the DDP and $600 you will not need a ton of cash.

Wow, you must have been saving:) I just transferred mine and it is no where close to yours:) I would take a tour maybe, carriage ride, a special ornament, music box...good luck with whatever you decide..let us know what you do decide on tho, please.

I would use it towards paying off your Disney package, if it's not already paid for.

If you're looking for something different to do, how about the Aqua Seas Tour at Epcot. It's a behind the scenes tour of the Living Seas tank. It ends with you snorkeling in that tank! Instead of snorkles you use air tanks and regulators like scuba divers use. I couldn't believe when DD8 took off like a pro. And it was so neat to have the sea turtles pass right in front of us to get some air.

We had so much fun when we did it. And I bet the teenagers would think it was 'sweet'.

It was $100 when we did it 2 years ago. I've heard it's gone up some in price, but you can get 20% off if you have a Disney Visa.

A Segway tour sounds like fun too.

Thanks for the ideas! Our trip is paid off, so it really is just "fun money". I think we'll check into the Segway Tour and/or the Illuminations thing at Epcot. We never could have accrued so many points on our own....my DH had had to make some major purchases for work and then was reimbursed for his expenses.

Keep the ideas coming! 72 days until we leave!

Melissa

Segway tours are at Epcot and Fort Wilderness Campgrounds. I think I'd like the campgrounds better.

More ideas geared towards the 19 year olds.

*Disney Quest @ Downtown Disney ($40 a person)
*Parasailing
*Sea Racers (There should be a coupon with your vacation package info)
*Miniature Golf (Disney courses are unique. You have a coupon for this too. Around $12 per person.)

:ssst: I forgot to mention if you go on the Aqua Seas Tour you get into Epcot FREE that day! We met at guest relations in front of the park and entered through a side door. After the tour we were let out into The Seas building. We were shocked by this. Only problem we had was we couldn't get a fastpass since our park pass hasn't been scanned to enter the park. We had to go back up front, go out the turnstile and then back in, scanning our pass. The tour was well worth the money. :thumbsup2

You know you can pay off your room charge with your rewards card right?

We charge everthing to our room all week (OOP food, souvies, TIPS, adult beverages) and then the night before we check out, have our rewards card pay for our room charges.

myself, DH, and DS 20 did the segway tour at Epcot. I think the boys would love it. I know for me, I wouldn't have any trouble spending the 600 at world of disney. I could get several big figs. Have a great trip!

I would do the Keys to the Kingdom tour. We did it about 5 years ago. Very interesting. You get to go into the utilidoors(SP) under the magic kingdom. You will learn a lot about Walt and his Kingdom.

I would do either a Wishes Cruise or an Illuminations Cruise.

DH and I did both the Segway tour and the Keys to the Kingdom tour on our last trip and it was great, but I'd recommend the Segway tour for 19yo's as they may not find the keys tour all that interesting.

We use ours to either pay for ddp or our park tickets?? Or like the pp said, just use them to pay your room charges.:confused3

Have you seen Cirque du Soliel in Downtown Disney? DH and I absoutely LOVE that show! It's fabulous! I don't know if you can charge the tickets then pay them off w/ the rewards. It may be something worth looking into if you're interested!

since you`ve been to WDW before, you no doubt know that food is not cheap, so I would just splurge on great food. If your boys are big eaters, take them to Ohana, its as much food as you can eat. Carnivores love it! I could spend $600 in WDW in one day. Enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter