6-8-02 Just got back TODAY !!! (7 day eastern)

Sauunders

Earning My Ears
14 of us total - 5 rooms - 3 families.... just got back today.....June 1st Eastern Cruise

Rather than a day by day version... I thought I would begin with some thoughts about our trip.... we just got back a few hours ago. After a LONG nap (3 hours !!!) we are unpacking and I'm doing laundry- so I have a few minutes.

First - Category 9 - It was GREAT - the 2nd floor of the ship was GREAT.... We have had verandah staterooms before, but never had a porthole. It was FINE. NO STRESS!!! Actually the 2nd floor has much less movement than any of the other floors.

One day we were at ESPN club (10th deck) and could really feel the movement... then went to our floor and didn't feel a thing.

2- The seas were like GLASS !!! :)
The only real movement we have ever felt was on the first night out... when the boat is going over the gulf stream. It's always rocking then...

3- PARASAILING - we tried to pre-book for this, and was told it was full. We tried to book on the ship, and got it !!! No problem!!!
We got a 1:45 pm time, and our two girls were able to go at the same time... They said it was very relaxing.

4- Other excursions - 2 of the other boys in our group booked snorkeling excursions once on-board, and had no problem.

5- SPA - we hurried up to Vista Spa to get our reservations - and actually got everything we wanted - when we wanted it. No problem!!!

6- PALO- we sent our hubbies up to PALO with specific instructions of times and days. They got exactly what we wanted ... No problem !!!!

One note....Do Palo brunch and Palo Dinner pretty far apart if possible, because you eat SOOOO much, and the food is very similar.... but don't miss either!!!

We did Palo Brunch on Sunday (Sunday Brunch), then did Palo Dinner on Thursday night.

7- Surial Bath - our 3rd Disney cruise... first Surial Bath. It's fun...lots of giggles, but not something we would do again. All of us did it at different times and days, and we all felt the same way. It's a once in a lifetime thing - am I'm glad we did it. I had the most fun putting all the expensive Spa products on me AFTER the mud and steam, etc. They let you use their tester bottles of products - and they are NICE !!! Deep conditioning - great shampoo - nice lotions... great moisturizer... etc... everything they had put on me a few days before in a facial.... - so I acutally gave myself a facial that day too. Worth the money - fun - once....

8- Massage - I skipped the cabana -open-air- massage at Castaway, because I knew it would be too hot... it WAS .... it was really Hot and Humid on Castaway... Probably the hottest day of all... I had my massage on board the ship on one of the at-sea days. I got the massage - facial combination - very relaxing.

9- Rainforest - I love it - my husband hated it. He just doesn't get into that stuff. He doesn't like massages or steam rooms, or saunas, so it wasn't for him. We went in there for one day. That was it for him.

10- Showers - if you need to get a bunch of people showered in a hurry, send some of the grown-ups to the SPA - if they are over 18 - they can workout for free, but they can shower for free too. Their showers are really nice, tiled, spacious, etc. They have shampoo, conditioner and body shampoos there - along with towels. Just don't forget your clean clothes. Once you're clean, you won't want to put that we baithing suit back on....

11- Mickey pool - for those veterans of DCL - they have finally put some mesh flooring around the mickey pool - not one kid fell and busted their head this time!!!! I knew Disney would think of something. It really works ~!!!!!

Well... that's all I can think of for now. I'll write more again soon, as soon as I get more sleep and get more laundry done!!!

Overall, we had an EXCELLENT cruise....

Cool, the day you got off, that's the day I got on. My trip was a 7 day Eastern cruise. Glad to know you had fun.

Andrew D

We arrived back this morning from the 6/1/02 cruise! Had a great time too!! Weather was great!

Opps! I just relized something, I said up above that I left the day you came back. We where actually on the same cruise, I left
6-1-02. Wow, we where both on the same ship! I miss it, I wish i could go back.

Andrew D

saunders,
Welcome home...really enjoyed your trip report! Sounds like you had a wonderful time! Our family of 16 is going in Dec.- 9 adults w/7 children. We are flying in fr Md. and staying the nite before at Radisson at the port. We will have 5 cabins linked on deck 2 - around #2120 -2138 area. Glad to hear you found the rooms suitable. We have early dinner and have requested to be seated together. Any tid bits you can offer our group would be much appreciated...thanx!
:D

Our group of 14 did fine. We didn't make "plans" to meet everyday, we just always knew where to "find" each other. We have a 4 year old daughter - so they knew to come by the Mickey pool to find us. We planned dinner at Palo for all the adults one night and that was really fun!!!!

I'm ready to go again TODAY !!! Wish I could live on vacation on the cruise !!!

We left the young kids on the boat when we were in St. Maartin and we all went to the "clothing optional" beach. It was fun leaving the kids behind - because we were able to RELAX.

We were only gone a few hours - they never missed us.

Some of the older children went on an excursion together (without the adults) and they had fun - note: one of the older children was already 21 years old ....

I'll try to think of more things - - -just remember... have FUN... relax.... make your PALO and SPA appointments FIRST thing when you get on the boat, then just sit back and ENJOY....

(can I come as a stow-away)??? JUST KIDDIN :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter