5 people in Boardwalk 1-Bedroom Villa

goofy4wdw2

DIS Veteran
If anyone has had 5 people sleep in a Boardwalk 1-Bedroom villa (or any other DVC room that allows 5 people but only has beds for 4), what worked best for you? Did you take an air mattress and blankets or a sleeping bag? We are flying so wondering how hard it would be for us to fit a twin air mattress and linens. I booked a 1-BR because it was the only thing available during the dates that work for us. I was hoping something might open up but no luck so far. Thanks!

We have 3 DD's. Two slept on the pull out couch and one slept on a twin air mattress. We always get a 1 bedroom because I'm stingy with my points! lol I take sheets and a blanket for the air mattress, but I also request extra blankets from Disney for the pullout because my girls always get cold with what is provided. Disney has never denied me extra blankets when I ask. In fact they usually bring way more than I ask for. We drive so dragging an air mattress is not a big deal, but it doesn't take up that much room for a twin.

We traveled with 3 granddaughters and have given the 3 girls the king bed and we take the sleep sofa. We can just close the door to the mess too in the bedroom

We only have 4 usually, but we still bring an air mattress. My boys don't like sharing a bed. There is definitely enough room for our full size air mattress. We bring our own blankets and sheets.

You know the Boardwalk studios sleep 5? They have the Murphy bed built into the dresser. We had 5 in a Boardwalk studio this past April. It was tight with all the beds out, but it was fine once we put them up.

I'm not sure how small your smallest is, but we've taken the cushions from the sofa and made a bed out of them for my DD (4, so still small). I will cover the cushions with a sheet and then give her a blanket. Easier than setting up an air mattress and easy to clean up every morning. However, if your smallest is big, it won't work!

I'm not sure how small your smallest is, but we've taken the cushions from the sofa and made a bed out of them for my DD (4, so still small). I will cover the cushions with a sheet and then give her a blanket. Easier than setting up an air mattress and easy to clean up every morning. However, if your smallest is big, it won't work!

IIRC, the cushions for the sleep sofa in the BWV living room are not removable. They are attached to the sofa and fold under when the pull out is used.

IIRC, the cushions for the sleep sofa in the BWV living room are not removable. They are attached to the sofa and fold under when the pull out is used.

Oh! We never stayed in a 1 bedroom, but we stayed at AKL in a studio and the top cushions came off. I thought maybe all of the DVC sleeper sofas were the same.

We found a twin aerobed with sheets, pillow & a light blanket fit perfectly in a rolling carry-on (daughter got the pull-out, & son got the aerobed, which he LOVED)

Get one of those ultra lite camp beds with the wishbone type struts. Very small and light and comfier than an air mates.

I doubt I would ever be brave enough to put 5 in a studio. Unless it was for like one night perhaps.

Don't forget, you can also request bed rails that would really help someone sleeping on a mattress on the floor.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!