Life After Marathons: A Running/barre3/Coffee/Life Journal

Wow, that was a long Disney day! Especially in July when the heat is rough. Glad Slinky Dog and Alien Swirling Saucers ended up being really fun and you didn't have to wait too long for either one.

Love the Scrooge McDuck and Launchpad photos! How awesome that they had that special event happening and you were able to meet them.

I love that you meet characters. My Disney buddy is my soon to be 13yo daughter who thinks she’s to old for that stuff now.

I am excited to check out TSL in November. I think for what it is it looks like a lot of fun.

I think that if you go in with the right expectations (which you will because you're very on top of things and know what is and isn't there), you'll really enjoy it. It's super fun, especially if you're someone who enjoys Toy Story and/or toys depicted in the film.

I can understand the plot being a bit lacking on both NRJ and RoL... I still really like both though. I agree that RoL is a great photographers show. I never stop taking photos of it either.

I really like ROL (even without a plot), but I could take or leave NRJ. I might do it again with FP+, but I don't think I'd wait for it.
I'm pretty sure a decent chunk of the pictures of RoL that I saw before my trip were yours ... so I'm not surprised you agreed on that.

Slinky queue is amazing! The whole Toy Story Land is themed pretty darn well. Glad you enjoyed your time there!

My thoughts exactly - that queue is amazing and I love the theming in the whole land. They did a great job with that.

And runDisney races usually always go over, so it works out. Haha.

Truth. With all the character stops and whatnot, I'm for sure gonna run closer to 27 miles. Nice.
(Which makes the battery issues I'm having with my watch even more annoying ... but I have a few months to figure those out).

Wow, that was a long Disney day! Especially in July when the heat is rough. Glad Slinky Dog and Alien Swirling Saucers ended up being really fun and you didn't have to wait too long for either one.

We have an even longer one coming up!
But yeah, we didn't so much pay attention to the heat and it was brutal.

Love the Scrooge McDuck and Launchpad photos! How awesome that they had that special event happening and you were able to meet them.

Thanks! I had totally forgotten that there was a special event going on at AK, so I was glad to stumble on it and find awesome character meets!

I love that you meet characters. My Disney buddy is my soon to be 13yo daughter who thinks she’s to old for that stuff now.

What??? You're never to old for characters! I hope your daughter grows out of that soon and realizes that meeting characters is awesome at any age!

Update: I went with pink for my AP MagicBand. I was gonna go red to match any potential Mickey or Minnie DisneyBounds, but then I realized that I don't have a pink one yet and that's just wrong.
Will likely either go red or purple for WDW marathon weekend. But I have time to think about it.

Update: I went with pink for my AP MagicBand. I was gonna go red to match any potential Mickey or Minnie DisneyBounds, but then I realized that I don't have a pink one yet and that's just wrong.
Will likely either go red or purple for WDW marathon weekend. But I have time to think about it.
Glad I'm not the only one that's a MagicBand hoarder. :)

Only 20 something... (with two more on the way and a new figment magicband that just came out that I may need)

I said I was rounding up ... I didn't mention that I was rounding up to the nearest 500.
And that's still more than double what I have ... but before a few weeks ago, I also hadn't been in 2.5 years, which explains the lesser number.

GO ON.... because I might have similar feels on this.

The battery is draining way too quickly. I think faster than it did when I first got the watch.
From what I remember, it's supposed to be good for 13 hours on GPS and up to 7 days of smartwatch use.
I ran for like 40 minutes this morning and lost 9-10% battery. At that rate it would only last 6 hours (at most). I need it for a 7 hour marathon.
At first I thought it was the compass I installed, but I uninstalled that and it's still dying too fast.
I might try doing a factory reset tonight to see if that helps, but I don't know if it will. Mostly, I'm annoyed. This battery really should last longer.

The battery is draining way too quickly. I think faster than it did when I first got the watch.
From what I remember, it's supposed to be good for 13 hours on GPS and up to 7 days of smartwatch use.
I ran for like 40 minutes this morning and lost 9-10% battery. At that rate it would only last 6 hours (at most). I need it for a 7 hour marathon.
At first I thought it was the compass I installed, but I uninstalled that and it's still dying too fast.
I might try doing a factory reset tonight to see if that helps, but I don't know if it will. Mostly, I'm annoyed. This battery really should last longer.
I also feel like the battery dies wayyyyy too fast. Faster than advertised for sure. It's pretty annoying and hopefully we can figure out why. @Keels can you help us?! Haha.

I also feel like the battery dies wayyyyy too fast. Faster than advertised for sure. It's pretty annoying and hopefully we can figure out why. @Keels can you help us?! Haha.

Yeah, if factory reset doesn't work, @Keels was going to be my next resource. She's got more experience with this thing than we do.

Also ... how do we feel about the Knockaround special edition Wanderlust sunglasses? I like them, but I don't know that I like them enough to buy them:

https://knockaround.com/products/wanderlust

knockaround-wanderlust-premiums-flyover_1024x1024.png

Update:
She who hesitates does not get new sunglasses.
They're sold out (it was a limited edition). I'm a little sad, but okay with it.

So it seems my sense of humor falls flat everywhere...
This is why last week I said I was going to stop adding my input to conversations. Unsubscribing from like all the threads and conversations now...
(Sorry, that was super whiny. I'm just over people getting pissed and/or criticizing me every time I make a joke that doesn't agree entirely with their life view and I'm ready for it to not happen.)

I'm hoping that Toy Story Land crowds will be more manageable come marathon weekend (I still can't quite wrap my head around typing that). I anticipate enjoying it for what it is and not from what it isn't (Carsland).

I skipped Navi River Journey. I decided to use my tier 1 FP+ in AK on Flight of Passage twice and didn't think that 120 minutes was worth River Journey. My friends who couldn't get FP+ for Flight of Passage liked River Journey, but told me it was maybe worth a 20 minute wait.

Count me in as another adult who enjoys meeting characters. That said, I focus on my favorite characters so I'm not one that tries to meet as many as I can. I just try to meet my favorites. And in that group are Chip and Dale. I really hope they're still around in their dinosaur costumes come January. Because their awesomeness level increases when they're dressed up.

I'm hoping that Toy Story Land crowds will be more manageable come marathon weekend (I still can't quite wrap my head around typing that). I anticipate enjoying it for what it is and not from what it isn't (Carsland).

I'm pretty sure they will be - Slinky Dog waits got below 90 minutes at points when we were there, and we were there during the summer less than a week after it opened. I think the crowds will be fairly manageable by January.
(Also ... ah!! Marathon!!)
Definitely not Cars Land ... but very enjoyable for what it is. I think you'll like it.

I skipped Navi River Journey. I decided to use my tier 1 FP+ in AK on Flight of Passage twice and didn't think that 120 minutes was worth River Journey. My friends who couldn't get FP+ for Flight of Passage liked River Journey, but told me it was maybe worth a 20 minute wait.

We booked less than 30 days out, so there wasn't really an abundance of FoP FP+ available ... which is fine, because we weren't that interested in it anyway. Maybe I'll ride it eventually. And River Journey is definitely closer to being worth a 20 minute wait.

Count me in as another adult who enjoys meeting characters. That said, I focus on my favorite characters so I'm not one that tries to meet as many as I can. I just try to meet my favorites. And in that group are Chip and Dale. I really hope they're still around in their dinosaur costumes come January. Because their awesomeness level increases when they're dressed up.

Chip and Dale are awesome!! I loved the dinosaur costumes (we didn't get a picture with them, but we saw them at the dance party) - I hope they make that a permanent M&G because those costumes are perfect.

I'm one who wondered why Disney was getting involved with the Avatar franchise. I knew they could do something amazing with it, but wasn't sure it would hold a lot of appeal to the average park guest. I still feel the same way today. Flight of Passage is spectacular. I think Pandora looks great. But I still think the area is impacted by the general public not really knowing and/or caring about Avatar. I figure some day I'll ride River Journey. But I'm not about to give up a FP+ for Flight of Passage in order to get a shorter line for River Journey. I'll just skip it until the line makes sense.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!