5/12 Wonder 4-day Day 1

MarkRG

DIS Veteran
Day 1, leaving on the way to Nassau

First of all, good morning from Nassau! I was really too wiped out last night to write it then :) But that was a good thing.

The first day went really great! Took the shuttle from the Radisson. They run multiple ones to cover all the cruise people who take advantage of it, being there were actually more for the other two ships that were leaving the same day. Arrived at the terminal to get dropped in the outer parking lot, as they now let noone except Disney vehicles near the terminal. But with the usual Disney efficiency they have porters there waiting to put your baggage on carts for delivery to the ship. Check-in was a breeze as we had all out documents done, out, and ready with passports to hand over. From the surprise of the castmember, I would guess this is not a usual thing. After that we went over to sit down to wait and to our surprise we met Taswira! :) After a lot of pleasant chatting, we got in line, bumped into another DIS member(sorry! I forgot your name,I am VERY bad on names), got on the ship and proceeded up to the deck 9 buffet.

It was DESERTED! The crew were steering the bulk of the crowd towards Parrot Cay, but we wanted to be up on deck 9. I would guess once the resort cuisers showed that changed. By that time the cabins were available. We had a regular verandah last time, and a navigator one this time. I think the navigator ones are actually better! Will post pics of them too :) Had a number of nice surprises including a Way Cool gift box from Dreams and another DCL bag from Castaway Club. Then we went to meet. Well the meet wound up being small, just us(wdwlvr and I), Taswira, and the couple of pin traders you know as DisneyCruisin. WHERE WERE ALL THE REST OF YOU?? :) Glad to meet the people we did, they are really nice. The lifeboat drill came and we got to actually sit in the nice, air-conditioned Animator's Pallette. Cool. Then we went up to the top deck to watch sailaway for us and the other ships.

The Carnival Fantasy left before us, And after a VERY long safety drill the Royal Carribbean Soverign of the Seas followed us out. The seas were the calmest we have had to date. Wasn't even choppy overnight. Dinner at Triton's was excepional. Lots of empty seats that we guess were people doing Palo's the first night. I do feel a tiny bit guilty, but the Sea Bass was wonderful. Very exceptional. Our waitstaff was very attentive to our table for four with only the two of us. That's a good/bad thing. We don't know if the other couple just opted for Palo's or if we even have another couple at this point. After we opted out of seeing Hercules, and instead went to see Monsters, Inc in the Buena Vista Theatre. Very cute movie. The only thing I would like to see is a secure rope barrier in front of the projector. Too many clueless ones walking right thru the picture. And that was about it for the night, both of us were really too run down to continue.

Now, the Wonder is docked at Nassau and we're going to Atlantis on our own. More tonight. :)

Any questions, feel free to drop 'em on me :)

It sounds like the boarding went very smoothly for you. What time did you arrive at the port? What would you consider the optimum time to arrive?

We'll be very interested in your report of Nassau.

We have a room booked at ComSuites in June and would love to hear of your experience. Are you travelling w/children?

Enjoy the rest of your trip!!

Sonya, as far as boarding, it went very, very smooth. They are very organized now on getting everyone in line and thru. Many, many reminders to all in line to have the KTTW card ready. Even with my gadget bag full of electronics, all the screener asked was about the items inside. For arrival, I'd say get there when the terminal opens at 10:30 or so. They don't start bringing the people by bus from the resorts till later on, no big lines for check-in and you can tell when the line for entry starts to form and it's no big rush to get in it.

Nemblanch, no kids, and the kids here are many, but not intrusive in any way. But I will have much to say about Nassau/Atlantis(bought passes to explore) by tonight. If you do have kids, ComSuites/Atlantis water park IS the way to go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter