4 Vancouverites take on Alaska! Aug 28-Sept 4 2017 *COMPLETED*

Ok get ready for a photo dump! (that sounds dirty)

What's the limit???

Our boarding pic (not sure if I posted this before or not)
boardingpic.jpg

We got the Dory package in our room

dory package.jpg

more dory.jpg

Some pics of the inside passage from our first sea day
insidepassage.jpg moretrees.jpg seaday3.jpg

It was a gorgeous, sunny afternoon (check out the person next to me napping.....I hope!)
seaday2.jpg trees.jpg

Formal night
formalnight.jpg formalnight2.jpg

Reached my limit.....

Ooh I'm so happy you're posting pictures now!
The Dory decor is so cute! Did you manage to keep it up the entire cruise?
Beautiful scenery! I'm so excited to see Alaska first hand.
And lovely pictures from Formal night!

Hopefully now you've got the photos figured out it won't be too bad. It's hard to remember everything - I struggled with that this last time because I didn't get right around to doing my TR. How exciting about Aulani!! :banana: That's going to be incredible and you will always have something to look forward to! Very jealous! :cool: ha ha. Cute photos on formal night. :lovestruc

Hopefully now you've got the photos figured out it won't be too bad. It's hard to remember everything - I struggled with that this last time because I didn't get right around to doing my TR. How exciting about Aulani!! :banana: That's going to be incredible and you will always have something to look forward to! Very jealous! :cool: ha ha. Cute photos on formal night. :lovestruc

Oh my gosh, yes thankfully I got the photo issue resolved (or so it seems) and now it's been a month since my last update :crazy2::sad2: We fly out in a week for our next cruise so I can't promise much more is getting updated, but I WILL get the Tracy Arm post done at least before we go!!! Pinky swear promise!!!

We fly out in a week for our next cruise so I can't promise much more is getting updated, but I WILL get the Tracy Arm post done at least before we go!!! Pinky swear promise!!!

That has come around fast! :crazy2: You are going to have such a great time! Can't wait to hear all about it, maybe you should just keep going on this TR and add the next one in? :p :rotfl::rotfl2:

So I said I would do another update before our latest cruise....and now we've been back two days since our latest cruise. Apparently I lie :rolleyes1 BUT I'm pumped from our latest cruise and super excited to finish this report now that the 2018 Alaska sailings have begun!:yay::yay::yay::yay:

But again....my memory of this cruise isn't exactly fresh....dang it.

It's Tracy Arm day (though *spoiler* we ended up going Endicott) and I was SUPER pumped for the day apparently because I was wide awake about 7am. No one else was so after getting some fresh air on the verandah I went up to Cove Cafe for some coffees for DH and I. I drank part of my on the verandah all bundled up before DH got up and joined me and we finished our coffees in peace and quiet before the kids got up.

Annnnd....that's all your gettin' until I can finish uploading some more photos so I'm going to do that and come back shortly (hey, where have I heard that before?) :rotfl2:

Hope that you had a great time! What itinerary?

We did the San Diego to Vancouver cruise, with stops in San Fran and Victoria BC. The weather was pretty decent most of the time (a little chilly until we got closer to BC) and thankfully the waters were not rough! Many people in our cruise group were doing a b2b with the first Alaskan cruise....so tempting to just hide out onboard and not get off :rolleyes1

I love your report! Great writing and color commentary!

I’m sorry about your losses, that’s really hard.

I look forward to reading more!

Good morning glacier day:
TA1.jpg

TA2.jpg

Youngest DD joined us
TA3.jpg

Time to tear ourselves away from the scenery for the character breakfast
TA4.jpg
TA5.jpg

Someone was not impressed with the napkin hats

TA6.jpg

TA7.jpg

TA8.jpg

time to head back up on deck!
TA9.jpg

TA11.jpg

Photo limit reached!

TA13.jpg

The 12:30 small excursion boat can be seen in this one, getting out ahead of us:
TA12.jpg

TA16.jpg

ice, ice babyTA10.jpg

Got a photo with this lovely lady:
TA15.jpg

TA17.jpg

The girls headed to the clubs (that's enough ice for today, mom!!) and we took to our verandah. It was starting to get a bit chillier, so I took a hot chocolate and Bailey's down with me (not pictured though)
TA14.jpg TA19.jpg

Oooh, look what's coming up at the end
TA18.jpg

The seals were out in full force

TA20.jpg

another limit reached

TA24.jpg

Getting closer

TA21.jpg

TA22.jpg

Good shot of how close the excursion boat gets (and how close were able to get on the Wonder). I went back and forth, back and forth on this excursion. When our check in window opened I had booked DH and myself on it (leaving the girls in the clubs). Then DH said no it's ok you go, so I cancelled and rebooked for myself. In the end I ultimately cancelled it altogether. In the end I was happy with my/our decision to stay on the ship (and stay on our verandah).

TA25.jpg

TA26.jpg

TA27.jpg

The small boat stops to unload and reload the 3pm passengers
TA28.jpg

Dh with the glacier in the background

TA29.jpg

Yours truly
TA30.jpg

TA31.jpg

On the way out of Endicott we spotted something in the water:
TA32.jpg

TA33.jpg

TA34.jpg

TA35.jpg

Dinner that night was in Tritons. You know me, I don't usually take food photos. This night was no exception haha But youngest DD was having trouble with the time change on this cruise (1 hr behind Vancouver+late dining=dinner starting at 9:15PST) So was the kid at the next table, apparently lol Our head server was ever so lovely on this cruise, he would make the kids a bed each night if they couldn't get through dinner:
TA36.jpg

I think we called it a night after dinner that night (for obvious reasons haha). Next day it was time for our first port, Skagway!

Great photos!! How cool that you got to see a whale (was it a whale? :rotfl:) The views from your verandah confirm that I'd have to have one if we ever manage to get on an Alaskan cruise. I think I would be going through a lot of Baileys and hot chocolate. ;)

Good morning Skagway, you're looking a little overcast today:
sk1.jpg

My husband tinkered around with various settings to get some 'artsy' photos:
sk2.jpg

sk3.jpg

So while DH and I really wanted to do the Whitepass train in Skagway, we knew the kids would be whiny and bored. Such is life. So we chose to do Liarsville (through Disney).
sk10.jpg

Forgot to mention we ran into this fellow (you might recognize him!) on the way out so the photo was a bit rushed.

sk4.jpg

No offense to those that work there (lovely, lovely people, we had some wonderful interactions with the staff) but this particular excursion is reeeeaaaaly geared to the 6 and under set. Cheesy. A bit boring. Oh well. Lunch was decent at least.

Here's some images from the show that you see first (my oldest DD goes up near the end as a volunteer).

sk5.jpg

sk6.jpg sk7.jpg sk8.jpg sk9.jpg

Photo limit reached.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!