10 Trips in 27 Months! WOO! HOO! COMPLETED 10/2018

July the 5th was MK day. My brother, TJ joined us, after checking into CSR as well. We all had a great day, despite how hot it was. We ate lunch at The Plaza, which was fantastic, and dinner at BOG, which SUCKED!!! I really hate saying that!!! The service was horrible and 3 of us had the steak, which was nothing but fat. To top it off, it was Joe and my 10 year anniversary. But don't worry, we made up for it in St Pete...

July the 6th ended our stay at WDW with breakfast at Olivia's. We always hit this place for breakfast, because it is truly a hidden gem. Then we all parted ways, and we headed back to St Pete...

IMG_0940.JPG IMG_0941.JPG IMG_0942.JPG IMG_0943.JPG We are still in St Pete and have been spending our time at the pool, visiting with Joe's family, my family and doing lots of shopping. You would think Illinois has no stores... We will be here until Wednesday the 12th.
We did go back to the Don Cesar hotel, where we were married 10 years ago on July 5th and enjoyed drinks at the bar, which totally made up for the crap dinner at BOG.

Last edited:
Looks like you all are having an amazing trips. Though keep all the smiling down, you don't want everyone to know what a good time you are having :-)

IMG_0956.JPG Our flight on the 12th was delayed almost 3 hours due to weather in Chicago. We didn't get home until almost 2am. MCO was soooooo cold that I actually broke down and bought an airport sweatshirt...LOL!!!!

IMG_0770.JPG IMG_0815.JPG IMG_0953.JPG Some final thoughts:
CSR-The resort is just ok...The construction didn't bother me at all. I felt it was very minimal. I just felt it was lacking that special Disney feel, just like I thought of SSR.
The refurbished rooms are very nice, and they really paid attention to the smallest of details.
We had many problems at CSR, but concierge was AWESOME, and went out of their way to make things better. So, no complaints there. The CM's were top notch. For this reason, I would totally stay here again.
Food-The best meal by far was Brunch at the Top. It was perfect from start to finish.
BOG wins for worst food and service. Again, I won't bore you with the details, but service and food SUCKED. This was very disappointing, because it was our Anniversary dinner. We all felt that the quality of the food has really gone down hill...
Parks- MK and Epcot were wonderful and not very crowded in my opinion for July 4th week.
Overall, it was a great trip!!!

Glad to hear the construction at CSR didn't bother you too much. We're staying at CBR in November and I've been a little worried, but the price was just too good to pass up. We're also planning on doing the CG brunch and I can't wait!

Glad to hear the construction at CSR didn't bother you too much. We're staying at CBR in November and I've been a little worried, but the price was just too good to pass up. We're also planning on doing the CG brunch and I can't wait!

Honestly, didn't even notice it. CSR did a great job of "hiding" it.

You will LOVE Brunch at the Top. Service and food were absolutely perfect...The unlimited mimosas were a nice touch too...

headed back to Disney for 4 nights beginning July 2nd. We arrived at CSR at about 915am. Our room wasn't ready, so we went to the CR for Brunch at the Top, hands down the BEST meal at WDW this trip.
Those are beautiful pics of the view! I've read some great reviews of the CG brunch so it's in the back of my mind to try. BTW, Gia is adorable :goodvibes

Our room was ready a short time later. We were given a brand new, refurbished room in Cabanas 8A on the second floor, #8228. After a little drama with the room (I won't bore you with the details, but we did score an additional 3 fast passes each at both Epcot and MK for our troubles), we were settled in...The last 2 pics are our room views.
Ugh, sorry about the drama but the 3 FP's are nice! We haven't been to CSR in almost 3 years but we did have a great experience then.

Dinner at Teppen Edo was just meh, no need to return.
That's what I've heard. We haven't tried it because we have so many similar restaurants by us; just confirms to me that we don't need to go!

4th of July started with breakfast at Boma, which unfortunately was a HUGE disappointment. Our server spilled an entire pitcher of the African juice all over my daughter, who had on white shorts. Then missed her backside by millimeters. She was very unapologetic. It ruined the entire breakfast for us. Thankfully, CSR concierge credited us $50 off our room charges for Ashley's misfortune.
OMG that sucks big time! I LOVE Boma breakfast! However having a pitcher of anything would definitely damper my mood and if the server didn't apologize I'd be pissed :mad: Again though, nice to hear CSR treated you right.

and dinner at BOG, which SUCKED!!! I really hate saying that!!! The service was horrible and 3 of us had the steak, which was nothing but fat.
Another OMG because BOG is one of our favorite TS restuarants :( I have heard some negative reviews of dinner but we've been for dinner 6x and always had great service and great food, including like, 10 steaks between all of us lol. Was it your first time at dinner?

CSR-The resort is just ok...The construction didn't bother me at all. I felt it was very minimal. I just felt it was lacking that special Disney feel, just like I thought of SSR.
Glad to hear you didn't feel bothered by the construction; I have clients staying there next month for the first time (not their first Disney visit though) and even though I told them about the construction it's where they chose to stay :) I agree it's not as "Disney" as other resorts but I think it's due to being the convention resort. However my boys loved the pyramid pool and I loved all the food choices!

Those are beautiful pics of the view! I've read some great reviews of the CG brunch so it's in the back of my mind to try. BTW, Gia is adorable :goodvibes

Ugh, sorry about the drama but the 3 FP's are nice! We haven't been to CSR in almost 3 years but we did have a great experience then.

That's what I've heard. We haven't tried it because we have so many similar restaurants by us; just confirms to me that we don't need to go!

OMG that sucks big time! I LOVE Boma breakfast! However having a pitcher of anything would definitely damper my mood and if the server didn't apologize I'd be pissed :mad: Again though, nice to hear CSR treated you right.

Another OMG because BOG is one of our favorite TS restuarants :( I have heard some negative reviews of dinner but we've been for dinner 6x and always had great service and great food, including like, 10 steaks between all of us lol. Was it your first time at dinner?

Glad to hear you didn't feel bothered by the construction; I have clients staying there next month for the first time (not their first Disney visit though) and even though I told them about the construction it's where they chose to stay :) I agree it's not as "Disney" as other resorts but I think it's due to being the convention resort. However my boys loved the pyramid pool and I loved all the food choices!

Hi Ariane! Gia was soooooooo good the entire 5 days/4nights we were in Disney. She didn't have 1 meltdown, and was an absolute joy! And, she sat through some loooong dinners...

Yeah, Teppen Edo was a HUGE disappointment. I really did NOT want to eat there, but my girls did, so I caved...No need to eat there again, especially when we have some great hibachi grills near us too...What we do for our children...

The whole Boma juice thing did suck BIG time! My 17 year old was in tears, because her 4th of July outfit was ruined. And, can you believe the waitress almost did it a second time down her back???? Thank GOD CSR concierge was wonderful!!!

We have dined at BOG 3x's now, and this is the first time we were disappointed (that's why I got up at 6am, 180 days out to book it...We have done dinner twice, and lunch once.

The construction was no big deal, barely noticed it...It's just a big resort, and I have come to the conclusion that I like the smaller resorts, like WL and POFQ best...

Did anyone notice I changed the title of my PTR???? Well, that's because I did!!!! Joe and I are flying down to Tampa from November 4th to 8th. We are popping into Disney from the 5th to 7th!!!! I am sooooo excited!!!! We are also bringing my niece, Gia with us!!!! Can you guess where we are staying...???

We are staying at All Star Movies. This is not my first choice, but I got a great rate, so it will have to do this time...Anyway, I think Gia will love it, and that's what counts. Besides, I'm just grateful for another trip.
So, how did it come about, since we just got back 2 weeks ago???? Joe simply said something like, "Do you want to go back down to Florida? I don't think I can wait until next year to see Gia again." I of course was in full agreement. He found great airfare, I suggested Disney as part of Gia's second bday gift, and a trip was born and booked...:rainbow:

So, we have 2 nights booked in a standard room at ASMo. I have stayed there, but Joe hasn't. I have an early dinner booked at Honecomin' on the 5th (Joe is dying to eat there, since I told him how delicious it was).
I'd like to have lunch at Geyser Point, since we will most likely get to WDW by late morning on the 5th. What better way to start a Disney trip than by sitting outside having lunch at my favorite resort...Next up, more dining reservations...And, what Park will we be visiting...???

Hi everyone! I finished booking our dining. There wasn't much to choose from this late in the game, but I'm ok with what I got...
Sunday, November 5th: Geyser Point (lunch), Homecomin' (early dinner)
Monday, November 6th: Liberty Tree Tavern (lunch), Skipper Canteen's (dinner)
Tuesday, November 7th: The Wave (breakfast)

As you can see, we will be visiting MK!!!! We thought Gia would have the most fun there, since it was such a hit in July...

I am very excited to try Skipper Canteen's and I haven't had lunch at LTT since 2014, so good eats on MK day...
Geyser Point has been calling my name since it opened, and I haven't had breakfast at The Wave in years. I'm looking forward to the unlimited Mimosas (I don't have to drive back to St Pete)...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!