4/24/2010 Med cruise: Friends, Romans, Countrymen lend me your Ears

What a great trip. It was so nice to finally meet several of you from the boards. Trying to get back into daily living but this cooking and cleaning up after ourselves is just not cutting it. I'm already asking when is the next vacation.

LuAnne

What a great trip. It was so nice to finally meet several of you from the boards. Trying to get back into daily living but this cooking and cleaning up after ourselves is just not cutting it. I'm already asking when is the next vacation.

LuAnne

It was great meeting so many of you. Thanks as well for the great FE gifts. You all were so much more creative than me.

We finally got home yesterday (May 10). We were in Paris after the cruise and got delayed leaving Paris because of the volcano and then missed connections in Montreal. I guess that is why we got the flight insurance.

Does anyone have any pictures taken the night of Dancing With The Crew on the TA? I would love to have a copy - PM me - thanks

LuAnne

It was good meeting you in the airport...on the day of our icelandic volcano/cancelled flight/wait at the airport all day fiasco. So glad everything worked out ok (obviously since you are home)! What flight did they put the Boston people on? Did you leave the next day too?

I'm curious, too, since I ditched Aer Lingus. Wondering if I should have just let them handle it?

Lynne, what they offered us (supposed to go back to Boston) was British Airways and it left really early that next a.m. (I think 7:15) but still would have gone back to Boston and so would have taken more time as we would still have needed to rebook another flight from Boston back to Florida.

So for us worked out better to do it on our own, and skip Boston, ending up in Florida instead, avoiding a second flight and still ending up at home same day as planned.

Not sure about you guys and what other ticket options you could have gotten from Boston that day back to home whether it would have worked out better or not, but it was sure nice to have the company on Aer Berlin, what an interesting flight that was :)

The New York group ended up on a direct flight out the next morning.

The Boston group ended up going to Heathrow and then onto Boston. The flights were great and I was surprised that Aer Lingus also gave us dinner, transportation and hotel accommodations for the night. All in all they did their best for us under circumstances that were out of everyone’s control.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter