30% dvc discount at some sig dining?

LaurenT

DIS Veteran
kenny the pirate posted that a few sig restaurants are offering limited time 30% discounts to AP and DVC -
Anyone have info on this? It's from now until 9/30 and for dining before 6:30 or after 8:30.
This works for us and I'd like to add Jiko and Artist Point to our trip ... if I can confirm the discount!

Rats! Too bad it's ending September 30th. Any chance of it being extended? We have an ADR at Jiko in October and I'm sure 30% off would be significant.

kenny the pirate posted that a few sig restaurants are offering limited time 30% discounts to AP and DVC -
Anyone have info on this? It's from now until 9/30 and for dining before 6:30 or after 8:30.
This works for us and I'd like to add Jiko and Artist Point to our trip ... if I can confirm the discount!
Yup you are confirmed. Good to go

So you must have a reservation before 6:30 or Pay the bill before 6:30? Any ideas?

Saw it on WDWNT as well, all seem to say
when dining for dinner prior to 6:30pm or after 8:30pm locations

It is not just signature restaurants.

• Jiko at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge​
• Flying Fish at Disney’s BoardWalk Resort
The Wave…of American Flavors at Disney’s Contemporary Resort
• Citricos at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
The Grand Floridian Café at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
Olivia’s Cafe at Disney’s Old Key West Resort
Boatwright’s Dining Hall at Disney’s Port Orleans Resort Riverside
The Turf Club Bar & Grill at Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
• Artist Point at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
• Captain’s Grill at Disney’s Yacht Club Resort

I just saw this and my DW found a link from the DVC FB page to the Disney Parks blog about it. We're at Jambo now and planned to have dinner at Sanaa on Sunday, but now we're booked for Jiko. We're looking forward to having one of those pricey entrees for 30% off! The offer says that it cannot be combined with other discounts, but since this DVC discount excludes alcoholic beverages, I wonder if we could still use our TIW for those.

Here is the list from the official WDW Website.

Now - before we get excited? Let's understand that every Restaurant MUST show a profit, within a Fiscal Year. Listed Restaurants are about to take a HUGE profit hit, now through Sept.

So guess what MUST occur, Sept 2017 through end of Fiscal Year, for everyone ELSE booking at these restaurants. Hint: THEY WILL MAKE A PROFIT in the Fiscal year.
I would guess most of those restaurants have broken even on fixed costs for the year. The extra bookings with the 30% discount will be those restaurant's profit for the year (much like Black Friday deals)

Here is the list from the official WDW Website.

Now - before we get excited? Let's understand that every Restaurant MUST show a profit, within a Fiscal Year. Listed Restaurants are about to take a HUGE profit hit, now through Sept.

So guess what MUST occur, Sept 2017 through end of Fiscal Year, for everyone ELSE booking at these restaurants. Hint: THEY WILL MAKE A PROFIT in the Fiscal year.
Even if they gave every single person who dined 30% off, they'd make a profit though a lessor one. This is clearly aimed at lower times and restaurants that are not as popular in terms of demand numbers, mostly both. There are a couple that I'm surprised are not here such as the Maya Grill. The discount for the DP from the restaurants to Disney is larger from what I understand. I know for certain it was 50% a couple of years ago at Pepper Market.

I hope this is wildly successful and they decide to offer it again next year. My next trip is in September 2018 and during some preplanning, I was hoping to try a few places we've never tried before but the entree prices at a few of them were making it unlikely. I would certainly book them with a 30% discount!

Even if they gave every single person who dined 30% off, they'd make a profit though a lessor one.

Sorry but not very likely a restaurant, even at Disney, can be profitable giving 30% off to every single person. Their markups are surely higher than outside the world, but doubtful that they could sustain a profit with 30% off. They are trying to offer off-peak discounts at an off-peak time of the year in hopes of filling empty seats.

Sorry but not very likely a restaurant, even at Disney, can be profitable giving 30% off to every single person. Their markups are surely higher than outside the world, but doubtful that they could sustain a profit with 30% off. They are trying to offer off-peak discounts at an off-peak time of the year in hopes of filling empty seats.
I guess my thinking wasn't they'd make money but wouldn't lose money at 30% off to everyone, I didn't word it as well as I'd intended.

Last edited:
I guess my thinking wasn't they'd make money but wouldn't lose money at 30% off to everyone, I didn't work it as well as I'd intended.

No sweat. Guess you probably just didn't have your morning coffee yet! (lol).

I see that for dinner, it's just before 6:30. Does that mean you have to be seated before 6:30, order before 6:30, or what I fear is get your check before 6:30. Jiko opens at 5:30, and from what I remember, even if you're the first ones seated, you won't get your check-be finished, by 6:30.

I see that for dinner, it's just before 6:30. Does that mean you have to be seated before 6:30, order before 6:30, or what I fear is get your check before 6:30. Jiko opens at 5:30, and from what I remember, even if you're the first ones seated, you won't get your check-be finished, by 6:30.

I'll let everyone know. Our Jiko reservation is at 6:05 tomorrow night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!