3 years since our last trip - back to our happy place!

Day 3 - The resistance is calling

So completely failing on writing as I go! It’s been a very busy and fun week!

Day 3 was our first HS day and we were up super early to get the skyliner across to Hollywood Studios. We’ve loved this transport method but it’s not the best in the Florida summer stormy evenings as it’s shut most days when we’ve looked to come back from the parks. It worked well this morning and we were waiting to hop across just before 7am for a 8am EE. We were about 6 people back at our turnstile and they let us in to the parks about 7:45 I think. It was definitely before official EE as we went straight to Rise and were done on it by 8:07 according to my notes! Loved this ride - another new favourite.

Sophie had to treat herself to some new ears (the girl isn’t a princess! They’re also on backwards 🙈)

D91301A1-5136-4C4E-A7D2-E24256FDCCCD.jpeg

After this we managed to get Smugglers Run (pod to ourselves) and TSMM in before 9am with pretty much walk on waits. Given the awful queues post 10am it was definitely worth the early get up.

Tom isn’t good without food first thing so we headed to Woodys lunch box for some breakfast… totchos, breakfast bowl and the brisket sandwich. It was all really good and very shareable - half the sandwich and I was full.

F30BBE34-F036-4076-860E-4A1B86914377.jpeg

Sophie loved star tours ride in Paris last year so that was next (posted wait 25, more like 15) and then it was time for our first LL. Sophie is too short for RnR and won’t do ToT so I split our party and did LL for 2 for each ride so Mimi could go with Tom on one and me on the other with no waits (just borrowing Soph’s band for the 2nd).

Sophie happily spent the time eating ice cream with the promise of the frozen singalong afterwards. We all loved this show - it was really funny, helped by the fact it went a bit wrong part way through! Great recovery by the actors and the girls loved the sing-a-long, even the oh-so-grown-up 12 year old Mimi!!

You guys are having such a great time!!

Where will you be staying for your second week?

Can't wait to hear the rest!
We’re heading to universal for week 2 - a couple of nights at Royal Pacific for the “free” express passes and then the rest in endless summer to get some extra space

Day 3 continued …

After a highly successful morning we had lunch reservations at Mama Melrose’s - we’ve always had good food here and today was no exception - mimi had the steak which she said was delicious and tom and I shared the Campanelle (?) pasta and a salad .. the picture doesn’t do it justice - it was very good (piece of mimi’s steak on the side)

53083BC9-3400-48E9-A16D-65542A15E034.jpeg

Sophie thought her “meatball” cupcake was cute

F5A9CEA1-7E79-4AC2-8A50-1C1CDA3B5DBE.jpeg

After another great meal we laughed with the muppets and used a LL to meet Olaf another LL for the runaway train before taking in the 3:15 Indy’s stunt show and calling it a day.

57F7C191-BFE7-47ED-B853-1D3E2EE682F3.jpeg

We were really pleased with how well the LL and rope drop worked for us today - we got so much done before the late afternoon storms set in.

G+ time saved 4 hours 40!

Sophie had to treat herself to some new ears (the girl isn’t a princess! They’re also on backwards 🙈)

D91301A1-5136-4C4E-A7D2-E24256FDCCCD.jpeg
Love the ears.

totchos, breakfast bowl and the brisket sandwich. It was all really good and very shareable - half the sandwich and I was full.

F30BBE34-F036-4076-860E-4A1B86914377.jpeg
Yum!

After a highly successful morning we had lunch reservations at Mama Melrose’s - we’ve always had good food here and today was no exception
We have never been there! Maybe one day!

I am a grandmother that will be traveling with my DH, DD, and two grandchildren (9&6). We are staying at Coronado. Last fall we stayed at Animal Kingdom. Stayed at Coronado about 5 years ago with a different DD and some cousins. We liked the location and the rooms! Before that, it had been quite a while since we had been to Disney...back when our children were in high school and college when we stayed at CBR a few times, and the Polynesian when the children were little. Boy, have things really changed! This year will be different. More so than last year because of the Genie+. I am still trying to figure that out, but what I am most confused about is your mention of LL (Lightening Lane?)

Are you paying extra for the LL entries?

Loving your review and making an outline based on times and places that you have visited. Great help!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter