3 Attractions I would NOT want to work at in Disneyland and DCA

John Teopaco

John John
Hey Everyone, My name is John. I was watching a Dis Unplugged minisode (mini episode) about attractions Steve Porter, Ryno, and Craig would not want to work at in Disney World and I thought, why not do the same for Disneyland because I want to see what attractions people would not work at in Disneyland and DCA. Keep in mind these are my opinions. Please do not get offended by anything I say because that is not my intent. Also keep in mind that these are in no particular order, they may be numbered but they are not ranked that way. So here's my 3 attractions/experiences I would NOT want to work at.

DCA
1. Frozen, Live at the Hyperion:
Hear me out. I know some people will say, "How would you not want to work at a place that has air conditioning and an amazing show!?!" Well, I just really don't like Frozen. I do like Love Is An Open Door, but even after the fifth time hearing that I would honestly get really annoyed. Also, you need to worry about people with flash photography and hearing Let It Go for the 87th time until you realize that you hate yourself. Also, I'm talking about being a cast member in this attraction, not a performer. I don't think this would be on my list if it's me being a performer.

2. Disney Junior
I would not want to work here because of the same reason why Ryno doesn't want to work here. He said that at Disney Junior in WDW, kids pee and poop all the time there. And the way they clean it is by picking up the poop, spraying the area where the child pooped, and then put a mat over it. So like Ryno said, it's one big litter box.

3. Redwood Creek Challenge Trail
It was difficult for me to pick a 3rd attraction because I can bare working at any other attraction in DCA, but I forgot about RCCT. The only reason why I would not want to work here is because just like how Animal Kingdom is the hottest park in WDW, I think this is the hottest area in DCA. Sure you get to wear shorts and some areas are in the shade, but I am a person who sweats very easily and me wearing khaki, in the hottest area of the park, would not look good with my sweat marks. Nobody needs to see that.

Disneyland:
1. It's a Small World
Hear me out again. I know the history of this attraction, I can appreciate for what it is. I love the facade that's outside, but that pro also comes with some cons. There is minimal to no shade at all in the queue and we know how hot it can get in the queue line for this ride. Also the biggest reason, the song. It's an iconic song that is arguably the most popular Disney parks song of all time, but just going through this ride once will make you want to rip your ears off because of how annoying this song can get. Let alone hearing this song on an 8 hour shift in the hot sun, I could see why people would want to leave.

2. Autopia
This is an attraction that Pete Werner says, "Is the number 1 cause for global warming." This attraction gets humid, the area, is hot, the video they show about safety will get annoying by the 4th time you see it (I know safety is key and the number 1 priority, but the car that talks is really annoying) and you have to smell all that gas everyday for 8 hours which just sounds like a nightmare.

3. Space Mountain. Just Kidding. Mad Tea Party.
I know this ride is iconic, but some people can agree with me that this ride is just an easy way for you to have vertigo. Watching these cups spin for an 8 hour shift, with the same songs playing would just be torture to me. And the worst part, seeing someone vomit on the ride and having to clean it up. So much for your dream job.

So there's my list. Again this was my opinion, please do not get offended by anything that I said because at the end of the day, we're not looking for who's right or wrong. We're just looking for opinions and see how creative people can get. Also, please don't think that I'm just a really negative person because I'm not. I love everything about Disneyland and my annual pass was worth every penny, but I was looking for reasons to not want to work at these particular attractions. So what are 3 attractions you would not want to work at in Disneyland and DCA?

My only one is the Matterhorn. We were evacuated from this ride after a breakdown and it's quite a process. A group of cast member work their way up the hill, starting with the ride vehicle nearest the end, they manually release the brakes and give it a BIG push to finish all the way down. At the bottom with the river, it's very difficult for the cars to get enough momentum, so the cms often have to push it through that section. Then the cms climb their way up the mountain to the next car, while other cast members at the bottom lead the guests off the ride and push the vehicle back to the loading zone so it doesn't turn into bumper cars.. Once given the all clear, the climbers release the next vehicle and give it a running start. It takes coordination to make sure no one gets hurt, climbing the mountain and a game of bobsleds.

The first 100 times it's probably exciting, at the end of a long day, in the dark with the water and a long line of guests waiting getting grumpy and disappointed, probably not so much.

DCA: Silly Symphony Swings is one cause they have to wear those big coats - I cannot imagine how fun that must be when it's crazy hot out but I am from Canada where coats like that come with snow on the ground!

DLR: IASM - listening to that song on repeat would be like some form of sick torture.

For me, it would be the Canoes because I'd probably get motion sick and I can't row a canoe for the life of me...I've tried...it never goes where I want it to (I would never make it back into dock!) and my arms hurt afterwards! :rotfl:

DL: #1 Autopia (too loud and smelly); #2 Indiana Jones (again, too loud and smelly); #3 Space Mt (too loud). Clearly, volume affects my DO NOTS

DCA: Grizzly River Run (that spinning dock kills me when I'm there for 20 seconds); #2 Little Mermaid (the uniforms are embarrassingly horrid); #3 Golden Zephyr (because it's the worst ever Disney ride).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter