2nd day at Universal?

bakerudall

Real Boy
I am taking my dd12 to LA for 3 days (probably the first week of June). We're doing USH, and she is a Harry Potter fan. The ticket price is 109 for one day and 139 for 2. The 2nd day at UHS is tempting because it's cheap and the park closes at 7 during the week. Would the 2nd day be better spent elsewhere? Is there enough to do there? We live in AZ, so we don't need to see everything in LA in one trip, but we have never been to Universal.

We are also considering 1 day at USH and 1 at Knotts, but we won't do the more extreme coasters and the drop ride, so we're not sure if that's worth it. (coasters like Ghost Rider, BTMRR, and California Screamin' are more our style).

The whole family is doing DLR next year, so that's off the table.

Our second day last September when we went was nice (coming from AZ also). Allows us to finish up a few things we didn’t get in. Feels like, for us at least, that USH is a day and a half Park. A full two days is probably overkill.

I think it depends on what your daughter/family is interested in. My ds (almost 12) could spend all day in Hogsmeade, will ride Forbidden Journey however many times in a row we will let him, and also wants to do Mummy, Jurassic Park, and the studio tour multiple times every time we go. DH and younger DS (9) do not like or get sick on the motion simulator/screen rides so they don't enjoy USH nearly as much and are done in half day at most. They much prefer Knotts, where they have tons of the less extreme roller coasters (Ghost Rider, Pony Express, Jaguar, etc) and a much greater variety of other rides. I enjoy both and would personally choose 1 day at each, but that's the most expensive option!

We have always found USH to be a 1 day park even with the new additions.

For Hollywood- it's a 1 day park since they only have Hogsmeade. You can stretch it to 1-1/2 days if you want to go back to shop, etc.
For Orlando- much longer :)

Thanks for the advice :thumbsup2 I think we'll go with the 2-day passes and head to Griffith Park/Observatory after 1.5 if we've had our fill.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!