2BR suite within walking distance to DLR?

camouseketeer

DIS Veteran
Can anyone recommend one (not including the hotels of the DLR)?

I am booked at the Residence Inn Garden Grove for the end of October, but I'd love to find something within walking distance.

Is there a place that is as nice as the RI within walking distance?

Anyone know about the 2BR w/kitchen at the Tropicana?

There is also a Residence Inn Maingate, not sure how close it is but I know it is closer then the Residence Inn Garden Grove.

We just stayed at the Residence Inn Maingate and we walked to and from the park everyday. It was a very pleasant walk....not too far even after a long day at the park. We even went back to the hotel every afternoon for a swim in the pool.

I know there are inexpensive 2-bedrooms at the Desert Inn & Suites right across the street from DLR. The quality of the customer service varies. You can check their reviews on Trip Advisor.

Do you need 2 full bedrooms, or is a bedroom and separate living room with sleeper OK? For the piece of mind of good customer service, I booked the King Suite at the HoJos which is walking distance. It has a separate bedroom, microwave and fridge (not kitchen). They only have one suite, but it may be worthwhile checking into it. You can contact the Sales Manger directly (info on site) for the best rates on that room. He was willing to assure me adjoining rooms if I wanted to go that route too.

There are way more 2-bedroom options that are not walking distance. At the top of my head though (from my earlier reserach), you can look into the Camelot Suites, Park Vue, Desert Inn, Tropicana, Carousel -- the prices and quality will vary. Comes down to what you think is important for your stay.

I've stayed at a few.

Desert Inn, we actually had a parlor suite, so it wasn't 2 bedrooms. But it had a small living room with a pull out sofa, tv, fridge, microwave. Then a seperate room with 2 queen beds, tv, and the bathroom.

Carousel Inn - 2 bed 2 bath suite. When you walk in it's like a regular 2 queen hotel room, then had another room with a queen bed, tv and a full bathroom. This one was nice having the 2 baths, but there was not much living space.

Camelot Inn - ok, haven't stayed here yet, but will be there in 2 weeks staying in the family suite. It has a living room with couch, table, chairs, tv, fridge, microwave and a king size bed, then a separate room with 2 queens and the bathroom.

got2travel said:
Camelot Inn - ok, haven't stayed here yet, but will be there in 2 weeks staying in the family suite. It has a living room with couch, table, chairs, tv, fridge, microwave and a king size bed, then a separate room with 2 queens and the bathroom.

This sounds great for us - we need a king bed, and a separate room for MIL. If you can, please report back on what you think of the room. Have a great trip! :goodvibes

We'll be staying in a family suite at the Camelot Inn too. It received good reviews on tripadvisor.com.

I think Embassy Suites South is within walking distance, they are always nice and come with a cooked to order breakfast and afternoon drinks and snacks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter